The Night Before [1/3]

When Photos Come Alive

Inspired by: Yoona and Seohyun’s update

Characters: Yoonyul, OT9


“Ladies and gentlemen, the flight has reached Narita International Airport. Local Time is 1530 hour, and temperature is currently at 8 degrees Celsius. Thank you for choosing Korean Air, we hope you enjoyed the flight.”

“Yoona, we’re here.”

As ironic as it sounds, Jessica tried to wake her favourite dongsaeng up. Usually, it would be the other way round, but the girl was partying with her friends till late last night for an early birthday celebration.

Everyone else were getting ready to get out of the plane but the image of the group was still sleeping soundly, leaning her head against the window.

“It’s alright Sica, I’ll wake her up. You can go with the rest.”

With that said, Jessica took one look at the doe eyed before taking her leave together with the leader.

Taking a glance at the sleeping beauty, Yuri swept her fringe to the side, before whispering into her ear, “Yoongie, wake up baby. We’ve arrived.”

Hearing her favourite husky voice, Yoona shifted, before giving a bright smile to her tanned girlfriend.

“Come on, let’s go. The others are waiting outside.” Yuri offered her hand and Yoona grab it, and they proceeded to make their way out, not forgetting to apologize to the flight attendant for causing delay.

---

After reaching their dorm which was not far away from the airport, the manager told them that they were given the rest of the day and tomorrow off, knowing that the girls would want to celebrate Yoona’s birthday together.  

When the manager left, the girls slump their tired bodies around the living room, discussing on what to do with their long awaited free time.

“I thankful for the free time but I’m so tired.” Sunny commented.

“Yeah me too. I want to rest but it’ll be such a waste.” Jessica said.

“Ugh my body’s still aching from yesterday’s practice.”

“Same here.”

“Well, what do you say Yoona? What do you want to do?”

“Sleep. Let’s just decide later unnie.” The celebrant said while rubbing her eyes, leaning her head on Yuri’s shoulder.

“Okay then, we’ll just discuss later when we wake up at night.” The leader concluded before everyone else dragged their tired bodies back to their respective rooms.

---

“Yuri, you’re not tired?” Yoona asked after changing into her pajamas.

“I slept early last night.” Yuri chuckled at her sleepy girlfriend, and ushered her over to the bed.

“Well at least accompany to sleep please? It’s been so long since we’ve cuddled together. Our schedules always clash.” Yoona climb onto the bed, taking her spot in her girlfriend’s arms.

“Hmm. Let’s put my giant baby to sleep.” Yuri gave her a forehead kiss before humming to Yoona’s favourite song.

---

When the night falls, most of the members had already woken up from their naps feeling rejuvenated, except Yoona.

“Girls, so what’s the plan tonight?”  Tiffany asked, taking a seat on the huge sofa.

“Eat! Let’s just go to the food street opposite! I missed Japanese food!!” Sooyoung suggested.

“Just eat your chips shikshin.” Taeyeon threw a pack of chips at Sooyoung.

“Hey careful of my baby! What if it gets hurt!” Sooyoung picked it up her chips and patted her ‘baby’, apologizing for allowing the shorty to abuse it.

“Why don’t you consider marrying food.” Jessica rolled her eyes at Sooyoung’s actions.

“I would if I could!” Sooyoung replied while checking around the chips to see if there were any ‘damages’.

“Anyway back to topic. Any plans apart from eating?” Tiffany asked again, emphasizing on ‘eating’ while looking at Sooyoung.

“I wanna go clubbing!” Hyoyeon exclaimed.

“But unnie..” The youngest gave a look of disapproval at the party-goer.

“Come on hyunnie, it’s been so long since we enjoyed ourselves fully. We’ve always club inside the cars on our own. The last time we actually went to a club was when we were at LA. How long ago was that?” Hyoyeon tried to convince Seohyun.

“Hmm. Come to think of it, it was around June last year? Or was it earlier?” Sunny answered.

“I don’t mind a few glasses of drinks.” Jessica shrugged before flipping through her fashion magazine.

“I’ll go if Sica goes.” Taeyeon said while leaning her chin on her princess’s shoulder.

“I’m fine with it too.” Tiffany agreed.

“Well I guess I’ll go too. Or I’ll have to face Fany’s dragon breath.” Sunny whispered the last part.

“What’d you said honey?” Tiffany gave her ‘best’ eye smile to her girlfriend.

“Nothing babe.” Sunny fake a laugh.

“Whipped.” Taeyeon mouthed to her danshin partner.

“You’re not any better.” Sunny mouthed back before rolling her eyes and lay down on Tiffany’s lap.

“Alright I’ll go search about the clubs in town.” Yuri who has been keeping quiet all these while, whipped out her iphone, hoping to find the best club to celebrate the night with her girlfriend and members.

But before she could click on the search engine, popping out on Naver’s homepage was ‘Yoona celebrated birthday with boyfriend Lee Seunggi’ and the top few topics of the search engine came out to be ‘Yoona Lee Seunggi’, ‘Yoona birthday celebration’, ‘Yoona Lee Seunggi date’ etc.

“Wasn’t she out with her friends..” Yuri furrowed her eyebrows.

“What?” Taeyeon who was sitting beside her asked.

“Nothing.” Yuri didn’t want to ruin the atmosphere, ignored what she saw and continued searching for nearby clubs.

“How about ageHa? It’s said to be the biggest club in Tokyo.”

“It’d be too difficult for us to enjoy if people saw us.”

“Then.. Er.. How about The Underground? It’s an underground jazz bar and dance floor. It’s near our dorm too.”

“Sounds good.”

“Is it crowded?”

“It’s more for relaxation.”

“I’m okay with it, you party poopers can just sit and relax while I claim the dance floor myself.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Okay then, let’s go prepare and meet in the living room again at 9pm.”

---

Entering back to their shared room, her angel was still asleep in bed.  She needed answers to what she found out just now but she didn’t want them to quarrel on her birthday night. Not especially when they were given free time to celebrate together with the group. Looking once last glance at the sleeping figure, Yuri then proceeded to get ready for the night out.

Hearing the shower running in the bathroom, Yoona woke up, checking the time on her phone. She had sleep for close to five hours. Getting off her bed, she made her way to the living room, looking for her other members.

“Hey you’re finally up. And I thought Sica was the sleepy head.” Taeyeon chuckled while flipping through the channels.

“Where’s the rest?” Yoona yawned and took a seat beside her leader.

“Preparing for tonight. Didn’t Yuri tell you about the plan?”

“She was bathing. What are we doing tonight anyway?”

“Clubbing. Hope you’re okay with it.”

“Yeah I’m fine with some drinks.”

“Cliché. That’s what Sica said earlier too.”

“What did I say?” Jessica came out in her bathrobe with her hair wrapped in a towel, wanting to tell Taeyeon that it was her turn.

“Yah Sica! What did I say about dressing yourself in the dorm! You are mine only!” Taeyeon dragged her girlfriend back to their room.

“Tch. Possessive girlfriend.” Yoona smiled at her unnies before switching off the tv and went back to her room.

“Hey you’re up.”

“You didn’t tell me that we are going to a club” Yoona pouted while looking for her clothes.

“You were sleeping.”

“You could’ve wake me up.” Sensing no reply from her girlfriend, she turned at look at her.

“Hey what’s wrong?” Yoona approached her.

“Nothing’s wrong.” Yuri replied while drying her hair with the towel.

“But you’re-“

“Go take your bath Yoona and don’t let the others wait.” Yuri cut her off and send her into the bathroom before closing the door.

“-giving me cold replies..” Yoona frowned but continued preparing not wanting to be the last one to be ready.

---

Throughout the ride to the club, Yuri had been staring out at the window, while Yoona could only steal glances at her.

“Seo, didn’t anything happen to Yuri unnie while I was asleep?” Yoona whispered to the maknae.

“Nothing unnie. She was fine. Why?” Seohyun answered back softly.

“Nothing. Just checking.” She gave her a smile before looking at her girlfriend again.

---

Probably because it was a Thursday night, the club wasn’t crowded like usual. The girls took a table and ordered the drinks. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung proceeded to the dance floor straight to have a ‘showdown’ with Hyoyeon popping to the music while Sooyoung was just dancing funnily and rather embarrassingly.

“Sooyoung’s gonna ruin our image.” The leader sighed while looking at the shikshin dancing like a fool.

“Let her be Taengoo. Who knows, she may find a partner tonight. We’re here to enjoy anyway.” Jessica gave her a drink.

“How about some games guys?” Sunny suggested.

“Okay!”

“Can I play but not drink?” Seohyun asked, sipping on her orange juice.

“Come on Seohyun, you’re turning 23 this year.”

“But unnie..”

“Alright fine you can have your orange juice if you lose but you’ll have to drink tomorrow during the celebration dinner. Deal?”

“Okay.”

“Count me out, I’ll be at the bar.” Yuri took her leave. As much as she didn’t want to ruin the atmosphere, she couldn’t take it off her mind. She then decided to drown it with the alcohol.

“Did anything happen between you both, Yoona?” Tiffany asked.

“I don’t know unnie. She’s been like that when I woke up. Maybe I should talk to her.”

“Let her be Yoona, maybe she’s just stress about your birthday present.” Yoona wanted to follow Yuri but she was held back by Jessica.

“But unnie..”

“Come one, one party pooper is enough. Let’s not ruin your night.” Yoona stayed with the rest, not wanting to ruin the mood, but she was certain that something was wrong with her girlfriend. Pushing away the thoughts, she started playing with her unnie, enjoying the night while she can.

---

“Alright I think we should stop before someone gets dead drunk.” Tiffany stopped the game, after seeing Taeyeon’s flushed face.

“Lousy Taeyeon.” Sunny remarked while she continued to pour down the contents in her glass.

“Hey I’m not drunk! It’s just that I turn red whenever I drink!” Taeyeon exclaimed.

“Hey guys we’re back! Hahahaha Taeyeon you’re so drunk!” Hyoyeon and Sooyoung laughed while pointing at their leader.

“I’m not! I can still drink! Let’s go for a few more rounds!”

 “But still unnie, we should stop before anybody found out that we’re here.” Seohyun calmed her unnie down.

“Sica..” Taeyeon turned to her girlfriend, wanting her to help prove that she’s not drunk.

“Just listen to Seohyun, Taengoo. We can drink again tomorrow.” Jessica patted her head.

“I hate you guys.” Taeyeon pouted.

“We’re just joking Taeng.” The rest of the members laughed at their leader who was showing one of her rare sides.

While the girls were joking around, Yoona decided to check out on her girlfriend. She was kind of disappointed when she found her girlfriend drunk, laying her head on the bar top.

“Yuri..” Yoona approached her, trying to wake her up.

“Yuri are you okay?” Yoona tried to hold her up but Yuri was drunk and mumbling incoherently.

“Hey Yoona. What happened?” Tiffany asked with the rest of the members following her at the back.

“She’s drunk unnie.” Yoona frowned. She didn’t know why Yuri would drink so much. Yuri would only get drunk whenever she played drinking games with the girls at the dorm. As much as they like to drink, they would avoid from getting drunk in the public. But Yuri was dead drunk.

“Sooyoung, please help Yoona.” Taeyeon asked and ushered everyone back home before they get caught by the public.

---

“Stupid black kid should just stop eating and starve herself. I swear she’s overweight.” Sooyoung complained as she threw Yuri on the bed.

“You’re just underweight Sooyoung.”

“I’m hungry from all the carrying.”

“Sorry Sooyoung unnie, and Thank you.” Yoona was guilty to have bother her unnies with her girlfriend.

“Just go wash up and I’ll cook you some supper.”

“Yay you’re the best leader in the world Taeng! And you owe me a meal Yoona.” Taeyeon chuckled while she pushed Sooyoung out of the room.

“Sorry to have bother you guys, unnie.” Yoona apologized while removing Yuri’s heels.

“It’s okay. Do you need help?”

“It’s fine. I can manage on my own from here. Thanks unnie, rest early.”

“Okay Yoona. Call me if you need anything okay? And rest early too. Leave the talk for tomorrow.” Taeyeon patted Yoona before going out of the room.

Yoona then proceeded to clean her girlfriend with a warm towel. She wasn't sure what happened but she wanted to know why did Yuri drown herself with alcohol. Yuri wasn’t one to show her feelings openly unlike Jessica or Tiffany.

While Yoona was trying to change Yuri into more comfortable clothes, Yuri opened her eyes groggily and stopped Yoona.

“Yuri I’m trying to change your clothes into something more comfortable.” She told her.

“Why not just go tend to Seunggi instead.” Yuri said while she pushed Yoona’s hands away.

“What are you talking about?” Yoona got curious.

“Don’t act like you don’t know.”

“What happened?”

“Did you enjoy your date with your Seunggi oppa?”

“What are you saying? What date with Seunggi oppa?”

“Be more careful next time Yoona. There are paparazzi all around you.” Yuri said before getting off, helping herself to change out of the clothes.

“I really don’t know what you’re talking about Yuri. And why do you keep mentioning about Seunggi oppa? Didn’t I tell you that he was a cover for our relationship? It’s the same as how Nichkhun was a cover for Tiffany unnie and Sunny unnie’s relationship.”

“Check the damn internet Yoona! You’re all over everywhere!” Yuri snapped.

Hearing her words, Yoona took out her phone and search up her name. She was shocked at all the topics that came out.

“Now what have you got to say? You were out with your friends?” Yuri chuckled.

“It wasn’t what it seems like. Let me explain Yuri.”

“Yeah that’s what all cheaters said. Go on, I’ll listen to your excuses.” Yuri laughed, her eyes glistened with tears.

Yoona was hurt by her words, but seeing how Yuri was on the verge of breaking down, which she never did, not even when her ‘dating news’ with Lee Seunggi broke out or when they won daesangs throughout their seven years of career, she was determined to make things clear.

“I was really out with my friends last night. We were celebrating my birthday at the restaurant near insadong. I didn’t know what happened and Seunggi oppa appeared out of nowhere suddenly. He said that he should come and celebrate with me to ‘show’ the paparazzi that we’re really ‘dating’. I wasn’t comfortable with his suggestion at first but he said he wouldn’t bother me and my friends. I didn’t know what to do and I couldn’t reject him because people around the restaurant already notice his presence.” As unconvincing as it sounds, it was really what happened last night.

“I swear, Yuri. I didn’t go on a date with him or whatever. He was just taking advantage of the situation. You can call my friends and asked them. They went to our concert in Seoul and we even took a photo together. Screw it, I’ll call them now.” Without her knowing, Yoona was already breaking down, her make up ruined with her tears.

Before she could dial the numbers, Yuri stopped her and engulfed her in a hug.

“I’m sorry Yoongie, I worried too much. I trust you okay, calm down. I’m really sorry, baby.” Yuri calmed her down and gave her a kiss on her temple, telling her that she believed her.

Anyone else would probably not believe the reason that Yoona gave, but like Yuri, Yoona seldom show her emotions too, only when she felt wronged and desperate. She didn’t bear to see her favourite girl breaking down in front of her because she didn’t trust her. She regretted to be the reason behind those tears. Not wanting to wake to rest of the members up, Yuri tried to calm her girlfriend down, giving her assurance that she believed her and that she was sorry for not trusting her. The sobs then subsided and were taken over by heavy breathing.

---