Tiffany's Birthday

When Photos Come Alive

Inspired by: Yuri's post on Instagram for Tiffany's Birthday.

Characters: Yulti, OT9.


[Seoul, Incheon International Airport. 30 July 2013]

“Ah… We’re back in Korea.” Taeyeon took a huge breath the moment she stepped out of the airport.

“I missed my family already.” Tiffany sighed.

“Don’t worry Fany ah, we can always visit them again when we’re touring the states for our World Tour, or when we’re having our vacation break.” Taeyeon consoled Tiffany.

“Yeah, but this visit was a little bit special. I managed to celebrate my birthday in advance with them, after so long.” Tiffany smiled, recalling the small celebration party she had.

The girls then board the car and headed back to their dorms for them to rest, after a long flight.

Once they reached the dorm, Tiffany immediately went back to her room to catch up on her sleep as she was jetlagged.

 

(One New Message)

{From: Yuri}

Taeng! Don’t forget our plan! Oh, and welcome back!

 

{From: Taeyeon}

Thanks, Yul! Yeah I won’t! She’s asleep anyway. Everything will go as planned so don’t worry!

 

{From: Yuri}

Haha thanks! I owe you one! Goodnight and see you tomorrow <3

 

{From: Taeyeon}

That is so gay Yuri. Goodnight. (:

---

[Yuri’s POV]

Tiffany’s birthday this year is also going to be our 1000th day anniversary together. That’s right, we’ve been together for almost 3 years and time flies. Being that clumsy girl she’d ever be, I decided to give her a surprise, of course not without the help of our members. Because I decided to be a little selfish this year, I requested to spend the first hour of her birthday together, alone. And thankfully, the members were fine with it.

“Can’t wait to see you tomorrow, Fany.” Yuri mumbled before she fell into her dream land.

---

[Seoul, Soshi’s Dorm. 31 July 2013]

“Good morning Fany unnie, didn’t know that you can sleep as long as Jessica unnie does.” Yoona joked when she saw Tiffany walking out of her room.

“Good morning Fany unnie. Welcome back.” Seohyun greeted.

“Good morning and thanks Ju Hyun. Where’s the rest?” Tiffany said while yawning.

“Sica unnie went back home, Sooyoung unnie and Yuri unnie went for their schedules, Sunny unnie is on her way back to Korea, Hyoyeon unnie went to the company, and Taeyeon unnie went out to run some errands.” Seohyun answered while preparing for breakfast.

“Taeyeon went to run some errands? That’s weird. She never mentioned anything about it yesterday.” Tiffany said.

Yoona and Seohyun glanced at each other, afraid that Tiffany would question further.

Seohyun quickly changed the subject, “Unnie, would you like your egg sunny side up or scrambled?”

“Scrambled please, thanks!” Tiffany gave seohyun an eye smile after replying.

“Don’t you both have anything to do today?”

“We’re gonna go to school later, unnie.”  Yoona replied while munching on her sandwich.

“I’m gonna be alone for today then.” Tiffany pouted.

“Don’t worry unnie, one of us will be back before you know it.”

“I’m done with breakfast. I’ll go prepare for school.”

“I’m done too, Yoona unnie. Wait for me, we’ll go together.”

“Bye kids, see you later.” Tiffany bid farewell to the two youngest.

---

(One New Message)

{From: Yuri}

Hey Taeng! How’s everything so far!

 

{From: Taeyeon}

We’re almost done with setting up, I’m waiting for Hyo to get the food ready.

 

{From: Yuri}

Thanks a whole lot, leader! I’ll treat to ice cream after my schedule. (:

 

{From: Taeyeon}

I want Haagen dazs! Kekeke. Anyway, Hyo’s back with the cake. Everything is done. It’s all up to you now kkab.

 

{From: Yuri}

Hahaha! Sure. I treat hyo too then! Help me thank her yeah!

 

{From: Taeyeon}

She said thanks! Good luck buddy! Have fun! (;

 

{From: Yuri}

I will. See you at the dorm tonight. :D

---

“We’re back!” Taeyeon announced after she stepped into the dorm with Hyoyeon trailing behind.

“Oh hey. Why are you two back together at the same time?” Tiffany asked.

“Oh er. I met Taeng at the lift lobby. “ Hyoyeon answered while nudging  Taeyeon with her elbow, asking her to play along.

“Oh yeah! It was such a coincidence!” Taeyeon laughed while rubbing her nape.

“O….kay. Anyway, since it’s just the three of us, are we going out for dinner? Or are we gonna wait till everyone comes back and have dinner together?”

“Oh dinner. Erm. We had our dinner on our way back just now.” Hyoyeon said.

“We?” Tiffany looked up from her book.

“Oh. I mean me and Nicole. Yeah, Nicole.”

“But I thought Seohyun said that you went back to SM.”

“Yeah I did. I went to find Nicole after that since she was having her break.” Hyoyeon laughed nervously.

“You’re weird. But never mind. What about you Tae?” Tiffany turned to face Taeyeon.

“I had late lunch. So I’m not hungry yet.” Taeyeon answered while glaring at Hyoyeon for being careless.

“Alright then, guess we’ll just wait until everyone’s back.” Tiffany returned to her book.

 

(One New Message)

{From: Yuri}

Hey babe! Let’s have dinner together today, my treat. (;

 

“Weird, isn’t Yuri supposed to be filming her new movie now?” Tiffany said to no one particularly.

 

{From: Tiffany}

Hey baby, aren’t you supposed to be filming? o.o

 

{From: Yuri}

Schedule ended early today. Let’s hang out together. It’s been a long time and I miss you. ):

 

{From: Tiffany}

Awww. I miss you too. Alright, tell me the place. I’ll meet you there (;

 

{From: Yuri}

It’s a surprise. I’ll pick you up from the dorm in an hours’ time. :D

 

“Guys, I’m going out for dinner with yuri.” Tiffany told the other two members.

“Alright, have fun.” Taeyeon smiled.

“Don’t do funny stuff!” Hyoyeon teased.

“Whatever.” Tiffany rolled her eyes while smiling, getting ready for the date later.

---

“Hey baby, welcome back.” Yuri greeted Tiffany as she entered the car.

“Thanks and I miss you, a lot.” Tiffany returned with a peck on Yuri’s cheeks.

“So where exactly are we going?” Tiffany asked while fastening her seat belt.

“It’s not going to be a surprise if I tell you.” Yuri smiled and drove off.

---

“Alright, here we are.” Yuri announced.

“Why are we at the beach? I thought you said we’re going to have dinner together.” Tiffany asked.

“Yes we are. Come on, follow me.” Yuri took Tiffany’s hand and led the way.

In front of them was a small hut, with candles lit and placed on the table.

“What’s this about?” Tiffany turned to Yuri.

“Knew you would forget but it’s okay. Happy 1000th day anniversary, baby.” Yuri gave a peck on Tiffany’s forehead.

“Oh my god. I’m so sorry I forgot about it Yul. I didn’t prepare anything.” Tiffany sulked.

“Hey it’s fine. Don’t worry about it.” Let’s have our dinner shall we? You must be starving.” Yuri pulled the chair out for Tiffany.

---

“This is really delicious. Where did you get it from?” Tiffany asked after finishing her food.

“Hyo made it.” Yuri answered

“Hyo?”

“Yeah. Tae and Hyo helped me with this setting and everything else, while I was filming. It was all thanks to them.”

“No wonder, they were so weird just now.”

“Fany ah, wait for me. I’ll just go get something from the car.” Yuri said.

“Alright but please be back fast.”

Yuri was gone for 10 minutes and Tiffany was starting to worry. When Tiffany decided to go find Yuri, she saw her approaching with a small cake in her hand.

“Happy Birthday to You,

  Happy Birthday to You,

  Happy Birthday Dear Fany,

  Happy Birthday to You.”

Tiffany was lost for words. She didn’t expect Yuri to be celebrating her birthday with her alone. She thought that Yuri would be too busy and she’ll be spending her birthday this year with only the other 7 girls instead.

“Make a wish before the candle melts, baby.” Yuri told her.

Tiffany closed her eyes and made a wish, ‘I wish we will all stay happy together like this forever.’

“Yuri, I’m so touched. I never thought that you’ll be spending my birthday with me together since you’ve been busy lately. Thank you for all that you’ve done for me today. This is my best birthday ever, being able to spend it with my family in advance, and with the person I love the most. Thank you.” Tiffany told Yuri while her eyes glimmered with tears.

“You’re welcome baby, as long as you’re happy.” Yuri replied.

Unable to contain her happiness, Tiffany threw herself into the arms of Yuri and the night ended off with a kiss under the moonlight, by the beach.