Our Precious Leader

When Photos Come Alive

Inspired by: Taeyeon's instagram post and all the other soshibond moments that happened on her birthday

Characters: Taeyeon, OT9, with a slight focus on Taengsic

Happy Birthday Taeyeon! #26thTaeyeonDay


[#309 Chatting Room]

Sun: Guys, our leader is asleep.

Soo: Okay, let’s all meet at Fany’s room?

Fany: My room’s too near to Dandyu’s room. We’ll wake her up if we’re too loud.

Soo: Right.. I forgot.

Seo: How about Yuri unnie and Yoona’s unnie room? They’re the furthest away from Taeyeon unnie and Sunny unnie’s room.

Yoona: Hmm okay. I’ll just wake our new sleepyhead Yuri unnie up. You girls can just come over now.

---

[Yoonyul’s Room]

“So... Tomorrow’s the leader’s birthday.” Hyoyeon stated.

“We know.” Sooyoung replied, rolling her eyes to the obvious statement.

“And we have schedules.” Hyoyeon continued.

“We know.” Sunny repeated Sooyoung’s action.

“Fine, I’ll just shut up.”

“Alright so what’s the plan? We won’t be able to celebrate with a birthday dinner like before since there’s recording tomorrow.” Tiffany started the discussion.

“I think Taeyeon unnie’s family is coming down to Seoul to celebrate with her too.” Seohyun told them.

“So we’re only left with celebrating with her during our schedules.”

“Well we only have inkigayo schedule tomorrow, so that shouldn’t be much of a problem.” Tiffany said while checking her scheduler.

“How about celebrating at the waiting room?” Yuri suggested.

“Wow unnie, you’re actually awake.”

“Shut up, Yoong.”

“Well we can get her a cake and ask manager oppas to help get some food for us to have a mini party at the waiting room.” When it comes to food, it’s definitely Sooyoung.

“Okay, that idea’s fine. Other than that, is there anything else that we can do?” Tiffany wrote down what was being discussed.

“We can just treat her like a princess since it’s her day. Besides, we seldom listen to her anyway. So we can take this chance to make up to her.” Sunny laughed.

“That’s fine with me too. What about the rest?”

“I’m cool with it.”

“Fine.”

“Yup, okay.”

“No problem.”

“I’m fine with it too unnie.”

“If there’s food, count me in.”

“What about you Jessi?” Everyone turned their heads to the girl who has been a little quiet all these while.

“I don’t know...” Jessica replied hesitantly.

“Come on Sica, you can get this chance to be close to Taeyeon. Just like how you both were before.” Sooyoung tried to convince her.

“Yeah. Who knows, Taengsic may sail again and everyone can be happy!” Hyoyeon joked.

Taeyeon and Jessica, also known as Taengsic by their fans, used to be very close together because they had similar personalities. Both of them were usually quiet, except when they were with their members. And they were the two oldest members of the group, so they shared similar responsibilities in taking care of the members’ welfare. However, as time passes by, and when Girls’ Generation became more and more popular, being the main vocalists of the group, the two had the most schedules, be it singing OSTs, doing musicals, being deejay on radio broadcasts, and appearing on variety shows.

With all these schedules, the time they spent together became lesser and lesser and it didn’t help when almost all of their schedules clashed with each other. Whenever Taeyeon was at the dorm, Jessica would be out for her schedules. Whenever Jessica’s at the dorm, Taeyeon would only be back at dawn when everyone’s asleep. They seldom meet each other and even if they did, it was only during those schedules they had together as a group.

This has caused the two of them to become really awkward with each other when they meet and being the quiet ones, none of them would take the initiative to start a conversation. In order to avoid the awkward situations, they ended up avoiding each other instead. They would try to not end up being left with the other alone without any members by their side.

This of course didn’t go unnoticed by the rest of the members. They have always tried to help the two of them to be like how they were before, involving them both in whatever topics or discussions possible and whenever. At first, there were some little progress but when Jessica got another musical offer again, every effort was practically wasted.

Till now, they’ve still not made any improvement and it seems that the minimal interaction between these two members had caught the fans’ attention. Some were even speculating that the two of them got into a serious fight and didn’t make up.

Determined to save the relationship between their two precious members, the rest of the girls had tried many different ways possible to help these two to have as many interactions as possible, and this time, they weren’t letting the chance go to waste.

“So… what do you say Jessi?” Tiffany asked her again.

“Erm… I guess... There’s no harm trying. I miss talking to her too anyway.” Jessica mumbled the last part but the rest of the girls still managed to catch it and smiled at their supposedly ice princess.

“Alright so it’s settled then! Tomorrow, I’ll ask manager oppa to get us some good food and a cake to throw a mini party at the waiting room. And then we’ll treat our dear leader like a princess to make up for the celebration dinner. Let’s go to sleep. We have an early schedule tomorrow. Goodnight guys!” Tiffany said and ushered everyone back to their specific rooms.

---

[Inkigayo recording studio]

“Alright girls, take a short break, change into the next set of clothes and we’ll take another shot again.” The producer told the girls after the music stopped playing.

“Ahhh. Finally I’m so tired.” Sunny replied while yawning.

“Me too.” Taeyeon commented beside her. Sunny took the chance to give their leader a massage on her shoulders.

“I’ll give you a piggyback Taengoo. Hop on.” Yuri told her, standing in front of Taeyeon with her back facing her.

“Really? I’ll really jump and hook onto you. Then you’ll have to bring me back to the waiting room all the way from here.” Taeyeon told her while laughing.

“Yeap. So come on.” Yuri lowered herself down and patted her back.

“Alright then!” Taeyeon jumped on her back and hugged her tight, with her legs wrapped securely around Yuri’s waist.

“Okay let’s go!” And Yuri piggybacked Taeyeon all the way back to the waiting room.

---

[Inkigayo waiting room]

“Taeyeon ah, do you need me to help you run through the dance routine again?” Hyoyeon asked her when she saw Taeyeon dancing in front of the mirror, getting ready for their next shot.

“Yeah sure. That’ll be good.” Taeyeon replied through the mirror.

“Okay then leader, we’ll go from the top. Tell me if you have any doubts, I’ll help you with it.” Hyoyeon gave her a smile and started practicing with her leader together.

---

“Okay girls, get ready for the next take. After this you can take a rest till the end of the show. Come on.” The manager informed the members when they changed into the next outfit.

“Here Taeyeon unnie. Have some water before going up.” Seohyun handed her a bottle of water.

“Thanks Seohyun ah.” Taeyeon took the bottle and drank it.

“Alright guys in 3, 2, 1.” The producer cued.

---

“That was a good take, girls. Thank you. I’ll see you all later during the live broadcast.” The producer told them after they finished their pre-recording.

“Fany, how’s everything so far.” Sunny asked her while they were on their way back.

“Yeap everything’s good. Manager oppa has went to get the food. He should be back soon.” Tiffany replied.

“Taeyeon unnie. Here’s your towel.” Yoona passed her the towel when she got off stage.

“Thank you Yoona.” Taeyeon gave her a tired smile.

“You’re welcome unnie. Come on, you can rest at the waiting room later.” Yoona held her unnie’s hands and walked with her back to the waiting room.

---

Throughout all these while, Jessica has been observing Taeyeon. All the other members had practically done a good deed to Taeyeon during the recording but she’s still thinking on what she should do for her. What if she said something to Taeyeon and it became awkward again? She was really worried but she had promised her members that she would at least do something for their leader on her special day. She had to do it, to get back their relationship that they used to share in the past.

---

“Taeyeon can you help me apply the medicine on my stomach?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon during their break time.

“Yeah sure.” Taeyeon went over with Tiffany to the washroom.

[#309 Chatting Room]

Fany: Guys, I’m bringing Taeyeon away from the waiting room because manager oppa has arrived with the cake and the food. Please get ready as soon as possible while I try to hold up Taeyeon.

Sun: Okay got it! We’ll tell you when we’re done!

---

‘I can’t believe you’re that stupid to have your shirt ironed while you were wearing it.” Taeyeon told Tiffany while she was applying the medicine on her stomach.

“Well it wasn’t really my fault. Everyone was rushing and then my shirt just had to get crumpled 5 minutes before our stage.” Tiffany replied while wincing.

“Ouch! Please be softer, it hurts. Stupid Sunny, I can’t believe she burst my blister just like that.”

“Well it’ll heal faster if you burst it so I think you should thank her instead. Done.”

“Thanks Taetae. Give me a moment. I have to pee.” Tiffany told her and locked herself in one of the cubicles, before taking her phone out to check if the girls were done.

[#309 Chatting Room]

Fany: Hey, are you guys done?

Hyo: Yeah come quickly, Sooyoung’s going crazy.

Fany: Okay we’re coming back now.

After exiting the cubicle, Tiffany took out a blindfold from her pocket that she kept it with her before leaving with Taeyeon, and gave it to the birthday girl.

“Sorry Taetae, but I’ll have to blindfold you while we get back to the room.” Tiffany told her while tying the blindfold on Taeyeon’s head.

“Okay… but I thought we promised there won’t be any birthday surprises between the members.” Taeyeon asked but Tiffany ignored her.

“You’ll know later.” Tiffany held her hands and brought her back to the room.

---

“Alright you ready? When I count to three, you can remove your blindfold.” Tiffany let go of her hand before joining the girls over at the other side of the table.

“1, 2, 3!” Taeyeon did as she was told.

“Happy Birthday Taengoo!” The girls shouted the threw ribbons on their leader’s head.

The rooms were simply decorated with some heart-shaped balloons, with the table in the middle filled with many different types of food that the girls like, and Taeyeon’s favourite, ice cream.

“Happy Birthday to You,

  Happy Birthday to You,

  Happy Birthday dear Taeyeon,

  Happy Birthday to You!”

“Thanks guys, even though it was simple but I love it.” Taeyeon gave them each a genuine smile before blowing off the candles.

“Sorry that we can’t have a celebration dinner with you. So we’ve decided to throw a mini party here instead.” Tiffany told her while helping her to remove all those ribbons that got tangled around her.

“It’s okay as long as I get to spend it with you guys.” Taeyeon replied.

“Aww cheesy Taengoo. You’re too old for that.” Sunny joked.

“Yah I’m only 26!” Taeyeon retorted.

“Yet you look like 6. I’m jealous.” Hyoyeon teased.

“Hahaha” Taeyeon did her ahjumma laugh.

“Alright it’s time to cut the cake! I’m hungry already!” The shikshin passed the knife over to Taeyeon.

“When are you not hungry?” Taeyeon said while cutting the cake.

“Thank you for the food!” And everyone started eating.

“This is really yummy!”

“It’s been so long since we’ve had street food!”

“Here Taeyeon, a drumstick for you.” Sooyoung passed the drumstick to the birthday celebrant.

“Oh my god is the Shikshin sharing food??” Yuri joked.

“The world is ending!” Hyoyeon joined in.

“Yah I’m only doing that because you guys said to treat her like a princess on her birthday!” Sooyoung explained.

“Oh so that explains why all of you were suddenly so good to me.” Taeyeon laughed.

“Well… you deserved it though. We did it from our hearts because we were guilty that we seldom listen to our leader.” Sunny said.

“Yeap, so we’ll pay back for it today, unnie.” Yoona continued.

“Thanks, I appreciate it though. But… Fany ah, you didn’t really do much, you only blindfolded me and brought me back here. And even asked me to help your apply medicine!” Taeyeon pointed at Tiffany.

“Tiffany unnie was the one who planned all these, Taeyeon unnie.” Seohyun replied.

“Ohh.. hehe. Thanks Fany.” Taeyeon giggled, scratching her back before giving Tiffany a side hug.

“Girls, sorry to interrupt but it’s time for the result.” One of the staff came in to call them up on stage together with other artistes.

“Alright we’ll be there soon.” The girls got ready to go up on stage once again for the announcement of the winner.

“Do you think we’ll win?”

“Haha, we’ll know later.”

While on their way out, Tiffany approached Jessica. “Jessi, have you done anything for Taetae yet?”

“No… not yet.” Jessica replied. She was running out of time, their schedule is ending soon.

“The show’s ending soon though.”

“Yeah I know. I’ll see what I can do.” Jessica told her before the both of them entered the stage.

“Alright, the voting has ended. Let’s take a look at who’s the winner for this week’s inkigayo!” The emcee announced before the results were shown on the screen.

“And the winner is… Girls’ Generation! Congratulations!” The emcee passed them the microphone to allow them to have their winning speech.

“Wow, this wasn’t expected. Thank you for everyone who supported us throughout all these while. We’ll work harder and produce greater music to repay your love and support. Thank you!”

It’s now or nothing.’

“Today’s Taeyeon’s birthday so this is a really good present for us. Thank you everyone.” Jessica finally said and Taeyeon looked at her, giving her a bright smile and mouthed “Thank you”. 

The members smiled brightly when they witness the moment shared by the two oldest. It's been so long since they shared a genuine moment together. And Jessica even did it in front of national TV, which was totally unexpected. The fans should be going crazy by now because Taengsic is back. 

“Alright, ladies and gentlemen, Girls’ Generation Mr. Mr. for encore stage. Thank you everyone!” The emcee announced before leaving the girls on stage for their performance again.

“Group hug!” Taeyeon shouted.

“Happy Birthday our precious leader!”

The members came together and surrounded Taeyeon with their group hug on stage celebrating their win on inkigayo, which became even more significant because it was Taeyeon's birthday.