Yoona's Birthday [3/3]

When Photos Come Alive

Inspired by: Yoona and Seohyun’s update

Characters: Yoonyul, OT9


They went for lunch at a Japanese buffet restaurant, and even ordered a small cake for Yoona saying that it feels weird not having a cake on the table because they always do whenever they have birthday dinner celebrations together. But Yoona insisted that its fine without a cake since it was just lunch. Plus, not everyone was present, especially her favourite someone. However, before she could protest further, Hyoyeon and Sunny smeared cream on her face, and that almost escalated into a food fight in the restaurant before Tiffany and Seohyun stopped them, saying that they didn’t want to be on the news tomorrow, with food and cake all over their face and body, and the headline “Korea’s top girl group caught in the act of food fight” on top.

That however, did manage to cheer Yoona up a little, putting her mind away from her supposedly misunderstanding she had with Yuri. After lunch and the little almost-went-out-of-hand-crazy celebration, they decided to take a stroll around the streets of Tokyo since it’s been so long when they were offered such freedom to do so. Fans on the streets were able to recognise them even with their minimal make up, and caps or hoods covering them. The girls were thankful that none of the fans came up to them asking for signatures or photos, even though they won’t reject them if there were any. Most of them only came up front, greeted them and wished Yoona a happy birthday before walking off, wishing them a good day ahead. Probably that’s one of the reasons why the girls love Japan a lot, apart from the food of course. The fans in Japan were different from any other places. They would make the girls feel love and at ease at the same time, allowing them to have their own freedom when they were off stage or camera.

As much as they were enjoying their simple yet fun freedom strolling along the streets, taking time to look at pretty accessories and cute toys, and greeting fans who were like friends to them, they almost forgot about the second part of the plan until Jessica received a text from Taeyeon.

“Hey, Taeng told us to meet at the practice room. She said she’ll explain when we reach there.” Jessica announced to the rest. And that was their signal to the start of Part 2 of the plan.

Although Yoona enjoyed the afternoon with her six members and she was dreading to go back to the practice room, knowing that it’d probably mean they have to practice a few rounds since Tiffany mentioned that there were some changes with Yuri and Taeyeon parts in the choreography, she can’t wait to see her girlfriend, after missing her for the whole day.

When they arrived, Yoona eagerly opened the door, hoping to find her missing other half inside, but the practice room was empty and dark. Nobody was inside. Before she knew it, the door closed with a clicked, and she saw the other members’ silhouette, running down the corridor.  She tried to open the door and banging on it, thinking that her members were trying to give her a birthday prank, but it won’t open up. Neither did her members run back to her.  And then she saw little lights that were used to decorate the Christmas tree lighting up along the walls, with many Polaroid photos attached to it.

Following the direction of those lights, she started walking along the walls from her right. The first photo that greeted her was little Yoona and Yuri probably when they were in middle school, fooling around with bright smiles on their faces. The caption below read, Do you remember when we first met? She smiled remembering their encounter. How could she forget it, the tanned kid was so beautiful and as ironic as it sounds, her bright smile was so charming and handsome it etched in Yoona’s memory.

Moving on down the walls were photos taken when they were trainees, together with their members. They were so young back then, and having the fun of their life with not much worry. They only wished that they would debut together as a group, praying that everyone would make it passed the evaluations every end of the month.

Next in line was a group photo of the nine of them, with everyone having a red nose and puffy eyes from crying too much, except that tanned dork who was smiling her usual charming smile towards the camera. That group photo was taken when they were told that they would be debuting together as a group called ‘Girls Generation’.  Everyone was so thankful they cried because their hard work paid off and they knew that from then on, they would be able to chase their dream together.  That was their first official photo taken as a group. The caption for the photo was You cried a lot that day, do you know that? Crybaby Yoongie. But you’re still beautiful to me. (: Yuri would always be the one smiling and calming everyone down when they were crying after winning an award, saying that it’s something that deserved to be celebrated about and not to cry over.

Following next were photos after they debuted, from their first album to ‘Gee’ which brought them to where they are now. A photo of Yuri and Yoona in the same outfit and hairstyle was shown. It read, ‘We look so alike back then right? They say couples look like each other. I guess it was referring to us (;’ During that period of time, they had the same hairstyles and everyone were telling them that they look like twins, asking if they were really siblings. Even Yoona’s own biological sister can’t differentiate them. When they first officially debuted in Japan, their Japanese fans were also confused. And as if the two of them wasn’t enough, they got Seohyun confused too. From then, they were known as the ‘triplets’. Even though Yuri keeps telling her that she is the most beautiful, Yoona would silently disagree because Yuri would always be the most beautiful to her. But they moved on from ‘twins’ and became lovers.

Nearing the end, it was a photo of them two that was taken when they were having their very first magazine photo shoot together. Written below the photo was just simply, ‘#yoonyul #ilikeyou’ Yoona remember when Yuri uploaded this photo on her Instagram, they got scolded by their managers, saying that it would risk exposing their relationship to public. Yuri didn’t want to take it down, saying that the photo turned out nice because Yoona was very beautiful. Yoona had to persuade her for the whole day before she reluctantly took it down. Truthfully speaking, it was one of Yoona’s favourite photos of them too, because it was their very first magazine shoot together alone. Previously when Yuri had a photo shoot with Sooyoung, Yoona was very jealous but it died down when they were told that the two of them would be the models for the cover of July’s issue of High Cut Magazine. Yoona was so happy that she asked the photographer for a copy of the photo saying that she had a hobby of collecting all her magazine cover photos (which was a lousy excuse) and then she framed it up and hung the photo in their bedroom. The members would always joke about it, saying that it looks like their wedding photo.

Lastly, in the middle of the huge mirror in the practice rooms, red decorative lights were formed in a heart shape, with the last Polaroid in the middle. ‘Yoong ah, Happy Birthday. Just grow as you are now..’ This was taken on the set of Mr. Mr. music video location. Yuri told her that out of all the outfits, she like this on Yoona the best, because she looks so feminine and beautiful in it. It was different from her usual choding boyish behavior. Yoona hated the outfit at first because she thought that it looks like a maid outfit, but she smiled when she remember the facial expression on Yuri when she saw her stepping out of the changing room in this outfit. The other members were teasing her saying that Yuri would probably faint if Yoona step out in a gown instead. Even though Yuri keeps on reminding her that she’s beautiful, every time Yuri says it to her, Yoona would still blushes and feel shy like how it was the first time when Yuri told her.

Looking through the mirror, she saw the person she missed the most. It was probably the longest time she was away from her girlfriend apart from when they had schedules. If it wasn’t for the cake that Yuri was holding, she would so pounce on Yuri now and gave her a tight hug, telling how much she missed her. Yuri came up to her with a cake and piping written on it ‘I’m sorry and I love you always’ .

“Hi..” Yuri said nervously.

“’Hi’ is all you can say?” Yoona sniffed.

“Well, um. I’m sorry I should have belie-“ Yoona cut her off before she can explained. Yuri thought that Yoona was disappointed and angry that she started to panic. Sensing the atmosphere, the rest of the members came out from the dark, wanting to help resolve the situation.

“Yoona ah, Yuri’s really sorry. She took the whole morning to plan this to apologise to you because she knew that you’re hurt from her words.” Taeyeon told her.

“Taeyeon unnie can you please help me get this cake off her?” Taeyeon and the rest of the members were curious as to why Yoona requested so but Taeyeon followed anyway.

As soon as the cake as removed, Yoona pounced on Yuri and gave her a passionate kiss, catching her off guard.

“You could have said I miss you instead of just ‘hi’.” Yoona said after breaking off the kiss, leaning their foreheads together. As much as Yuri was probably the most romantic member amongst the rest and Yoona was thankful for having her, she was also the slowest to realize the situation.

“Oh..” Yuri was still stunned from the sudden affection shown by Yoona.

“Oh?” Yoona raised her brows.

Yuri looked at her straight into the eyes, adjusted her hair, before saying, “I miss you too. A lot. And I love you more than ever.” She then sealed it off beautifully with a soft yet meaningful kiss portraying her feelings.

The members were shocked at first but after they realized the situation, they were happy for the couple. This pairing was the very first who got together in the group, ever since when they were young, and they were proud to witness their strong love for each other. It reminded them how each of them are so precious, not only to their partners, but also to the group, because Girls Generation wouldn’t exist without any one of them.

“The candles’ melting and ruining the cake.” And of course, apart from her members, food is also precious to Sooyoung too.

Yoona and Yuri broke off the kiss before everyone started laughing at the shikshin.

“It’s not funny! And I’m hungry too.” Sooyoung pouted and a growl was heard after what she said. The members laughed even more.

“See! Even my tummy says so! Kwon black kid you owe us to dinner after everything we’ve helped you with!” As much as she loves food, she was actually happy that everyone was laughing and the bright atmosphere came back again.

“Alright let’s go, the shikshin is hungry. I bet my shikshin is hungry too. Dinner’s on me!” Yuri announced and the rest of the members cheered while making their way to their favourite restaurant. They attracted quite a lot of attention with their loud voices and presence but everyone didn’t mind it because noisy Girls’ Generation is happy Girls’ Generation.