2013: Together Forever

When Photos Come Alive

I think this chapter is very cringeworthy lolol.


“Ayo GG!  Yeah! Yeah!” The radio in the car was playing our new song out loud. Yes, we finally made our much anticipated Come Back after a 1 year 2 months hiatus from the industry. Well, at first there were mixed reactions of our new song ‘I Got A Boy’ though. But all was well after a week of release. People were starting to acknowledge that it was a good song and it was even better when we were performing live with all the cool choreography.

However, it was quite a short promotion for us. In a blink of any eye, four weeks gone past and that marks the end of ‘I Got A Boy’ promotion. As much as we wanted to win as many trophies, we had other activities to focus on. We were told about our second Japan Arena Tour and also the first ever Girls’ Generation World Tour that would be happening altogether this year.

“We’re finally going on a world tour!” Yuri cheered after hearing the news.

“Yeah unnies! It’s like another dream come true!” Yoona followed.

“You sounded like you’ve got a number of dreams that came true, Yoona.” Hyoyeon chuckled.

“Of course! The first dream was debut, the second was our first award, the third was a concert, and then the forth was –“

“I was just kidding!” Hyoyeon playfully knocked on Yoona’s forehead.

“I can’t wait for it! Second Arena Tour and World Tour mean double the dose of Pink Ocean!” Tiffany exclaimed and laughed out loud.

As it was our second Japan Arena Tour, we were more familiar with how things worked this time. Also, we managed to take good care of our own health and completed the whole tour with no casualties. As usual, Sones never failed to surprise us with their heartwarming events, especially the members’ birthday celebration during the tour, which includes Sooyoung, Jessica, and I.

“Sones! Are you having fun?” I screamed into the mic to level the enthusiasm that our fans were showing.

“Alright, so the next song we’re gonna sing is –“ I was being cut off by the audience.

“Happy Birthday to You,

  Happy Birthday to You,

  Happy Birthday dear Taeyeon,

  Happy Birthday to You”

And a cake was being pushed out by one of the staff members.

“Thank you for the birthday song and cake.” I showed my dorky laugh towards the camera.

“Sowoneul Malhaebwa!” The rest of the girls said.

I clasped my hands together, closed my eyes, and made a wish.

‘I wish that all these never ending support and love from our fans would continue be with the nine of us forever’

After that, I blew the candles and I was attacked my icing and cream. This ritual never changes as long as you are the birthday girl within Girls’ Generation.

“Thank you once again for this wonderful birthday celebration. It’s an honour to be able to hold a concert on my birthday and celebrate with people that I love a lot. Thank you and I love you Sones!” I gave them a bow.

---

Time flies when we were enjoying and with that, our Japan Arena Tour ended. The company decided to give us a well-deserved break before the next tour. During this break, each of us flew to different parts of the world. Jessica went to France, Sunny went to Kuwait, Tiffany of course, went back home to Los Angeles, and me, I decided to spend some quality time with my lovely mother, over at London.

Holidays were fun times while it lasted, but fun times also passed the fastest. Before we know it, all of us gathered back in Korea again to get ready for our first stop of the World Tour, the country of our origin, Korea. As much as we were excited about meeting our Korean fans again but on a different stage this time, we felt nervous too, since its ‘World Tour’ we’re talking about. Not just any other tour.

“Oh my god, can you girls believe it. We’re now at the backstage of our first ever world tour.” Tiffany exclaimed.

“Unnie, just treat it like a normal concert.” Seohyun tried to calm her unnie down.

“But Seohyun, It’s a World Tour. We’re finally starting our World Tour after almost 6 years into debut.” Yuri joined in the conversation.

“Can someone just pinch me now? I’m afraid that everything is just a dream.” Sooyoung said.

“Ahh! I’m so excited! Concerts are always the best! We can have fun without worries!” Hyoyeon seems like the only one that wasn’t nervous.

“Alright guys, let’s write another chapter together!” I asked everyone to come around and we did our usual routine.

 “Jigeumeun, So Nyuh Shi Dae!” And the World Tour officially started.

One thing that we always looked forward to during concerts was the events that were being planned by our own fans. Our fans in Korea were really sweet. They came up with a paper message that said “Let’s go on together for a long time.” That was really touching that we even decided to take a picture of the moment, on stage, together with our fans all around us. Next stop for our World Tour is Taiwan. Taiwan is also another country that has amazing fan events for us. One of their trademarks would be the pink ribbon event whereby everyone throws pink ribbon downwards to the stage. They have being doing it for two consecutive times, so I assume that they would carry on with it this time round too.

“I’m excited for Taiwan. I wanna see the event that they prepared for us!” Sooyoung said.

“Oh yeah, you were not there the last time we went right? The event was amazing.” Hyoyeon laughed.

“I really like it when they throw the pink ribbons. It’s so beautiful!” Tiffany smiled with her eyes.

“You liked it only because it’s pink.” Jessica stated.

“Well, but it’s still beautiful! Right, Taeyeon?” I nodded.

“What are you guys talking about, what pink ribbon?” Sooyoung did not have a clue about it.

“Well unnie, let’s see if you’re lucky enough to witness it again this time round. If not, too bad!” Yoona teased.

As expected, they did have the pink ribbon event for us again and it was as beautiful as always. Not only so, have I mentioned that their pink ocean wave was really beautiful? Pink Ocean Wave have become like a segment of every concert. But no matter how many times I witnessed it, I would still be left in awe because it represented the love and supporting we have been receiving. Not only so, the fans even celebrated Tiffany’s birthday a few weeks in advance, and she was so happy she can’t stop showing her eye smiles.

“Thank you Sones, I’ve always wanted to celebrate my birthday during a concert, thank you for making it come true. Although my birthday is still in a few weeks’ time, I’m so happy I feel like a princess! Not only so, my birthday would also mean that Sones’ birthday is coming soon too. So, Happy Birthday too Sones! We love you!” The polite and humble Tiffany gave everyone an eye smile and a 90 degree bow. Nearing the end of the concert, the fans held up paper messages wishing us “Happy 6th Anniversary”.

Come to think of it. It’s been six years ever since we started on this career. Six years since we’ve been receiving all the support and love, six years since we’re performing, and also six years since we created Girls’ Generation. Of course, it would not be possible without each and every one that is involved - the fans, the company, the trainers, the teachers, the seniors, the family members, and our dear members.

The nine of us went through an average five years of training period, going through rounds and rounds of auditions, competing with hundreds and thousands of people, and managed to make it this far. Like what Yoona said, “I think we’re the only girl group that lasted the longest.” We started off as teens in our 18s and 19s and Seohyun was only 17. Six years after, we are all in our mid 20s now. Time flies. I know we have said this a lot times, we may not be able to promote as Girls’ Generation until we are old, but we would always hope to stay together forever, even after we stopped promoting. Like what Jessica said, “I hope our way down can be more beautiful than anyone else.”

Given a chance again, I would still want to do Girls’ Generation with the same eight girls that made an important part in my life. We may not be close when we started off during the training days, but what matters now is that we are all family, and I am grateful for the other eight. Also, for Sones, I have nothing but gratefulness for each and every one of them out there at certain parts of the world. We may not have meet every single one of the out there but we are always thankful. When I created our motto, I did not expect it to be as meaningful as it was now, to all of us. Let’s all go on together till forever.