Let's Go To the Doctor's

Yah, Lemon Candy!

"SUNGJONG! HAERIN! Time to go to school!" Sungjong's mom yelled from the kitchen.

You glared at Sungjong before answering, "Ne, eomma. We'll be going in a bit!" With that, you sent him crashing against the wall and gathered your school uniform to go change in the bathroom.

Sungjong spoke up. "Oh, you're changing in the bathroom instead of our room?" He smirked. "That's a first. Afraid of me today?"

You scrunched up your face disgustedly. What a ert... "Yah! Can you just let it go?"

"Let what go? You haven't even let me explain yet."

You rolled your eyes and stormed out the door without saying another word. You were so done with all his games.

You quickly jumped into your school uniform and combed through your short hair with your fingers. You thought over what Sungjong had said and cocked your head to the side. What's so disastrous that I have to go to the doctor's? Jinjja. He's going to be dead by the end of the day today.

With a deep breath, you picked up your pajamas and walked back to your guys' room. Avoiding contact with him, you threw them on your bed and grabbed your backpack, already leaving the room.

"Hey, wait up!" You heard Sungjong scramble to gather his stuff and follow you.

You slipped on your black converse sneakers. "Bye, Eomma! I'm leaving now! Tell Sungjong to catch up or we'll be late."

"Urggh, slow the heck down, you freak!" He bent down to tie his laces. Because he was rushing, he messed up and took twice as long to redo the knot.

"Dummy," You mumbled and continued walking.

"YAH!" He was the last to leave the house, so he had to turn and lock it.

By then, you had begun to turn to corner at the end of the street.

"Wait up! You know I get lost easily!"

"Freakin stupid," You said.

"I heard that!" He was running to catch up.

"You were supposed to!" You replied, and picked up speed.

You could hear him trotting and panting heavily behind you, but you didn't care. I am going to torture the life out of you today, Lemon Candy.

Sungjong came to a stop and called, "Yah! Don't you remember? We're going to the doctor's!"

You halted in your steps. Oh...yeah. Darn. You whipped your head back to face him. "Ok, I'm giving you one chance to answer me, Lemon Candy." You stomped up to him and pointed a finger in his face. "You better choose your words correctly, cause one wrong word and I will slit your throat."

He threw his hands up in mock-defeat. "Oh, I'm sorry, Princess. I'll choose my words wisely."

You grew more annoyed at his sarcasm. You hated how you could never intimidate him. There were only two people who you couldn't intimidate, and they are Sungjong and Woohyun. Anyone else would've backed down instantly from one of your threats, but these two were hard-headed as steel. You figured that it was probably since you three grew up the closest among everyone else.

You waited for his claim.

Sungjong began explaining. "Ok, so before I start explaining, let's start walking towards the doctor's. Lead the w-"

"Wha- No! Not until you explain, you freaking byuntae!" You rammed your elbow against his throat so that he was in one of the most uncomfortable positions.

"Ara! I know. Geez, now release me. You know I'd tell you sooner or later."

You believed him, since he had never lied to you before. Of course, he had attempted to lie more than a couple times, but he was the worst liar ever. You reluctantly released him.

He gasped for air as you just rolled your eyes at his weakness. He continued, "Ok, so you really wanna know what happened last night?"

You gave him a duh face, and his guilty expression returned. On second thought, you felt like you wouldn't like what you were going to hear.

"Uh, wait. Let me prepare myself a bit." You turned your back to him and closed your eyes. You took some deep breaths and did the breathing exercises that you read would help release stress. Ok. I can do this. I have the right to know what happened to my own body. No matter what that byuntae said or did, it happened. So, just-

"I accidentally dropped you when I tried to carry you back to your bed last night. And when I attempted to pick you up, I made your head bump on the table and, uh, I kind of dropped you again from the impact. I thought you would have like a concussion or something, so I think it'd be best to take you to the doctor to check."

You stood there as your jaw dropped. "You...what?" That's it. He's dying right this instance. You kicked him in the shin. "That's for dropping me, you chicken nugget!"

"Hey! At least I tried to carry you back to your bed, where you'd be more confortable," Sungjong defended himself, rubbing the part you just kicked.

You scoffed. "Yeah, right. You just wanted your bed back to yourself." Then you realized that he hadn't done anything... inappropriate... last night. You grew embarrased.

"Yah, you-" Sungjong began, but was cut off by you speedwalking away. He tried to catch up. "Ok, fine, ... I'm sorry. Arasso?"

You somewhat accepted his apology, but the thought that you had about... what he might've done... still irked you. You began leading the way to school without telling him. That was one advantage of him not knowing the way. Hehe.

"Dude, I said I'm sorry already! Stop overreacting. Gosh. And you call me the diva." He paused. "Wait, back in our room, what did you call me? Uh, innapropriate?" He glanced up at your expression and bursted out laughing.

"W-wae?" You stammered. You tried to defend your pride. "It's your fault for acting so suspicious. What do you think girls usually assume when woken up by a guy sitting on the bed with a guilty expression?! Ugh. So erted, Lemon Candy."

"Ah, so you do have a dirty mind. Just watch. I'm telling Woohyun~."

You shot up. "Psh, like he doesn't know. I talk to him more than I talk to you."

"Eww." He made a tsk tsk sound. "Terrible girl. You're just the opposite of that Nana guy. While some people try so hard to be a girl, you act like one of the guys." He pretended to be disappointed by shaking his head disapprovingly.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about Nana! We were talking about her- I mean him, last night. Where did we leave off..?" You tried to remember, but couldn't. "Dang it, Sungjong! You must've dropped me hard, cause I don't remember what part we stopped at last night."

"It's your fault you're so heavy!"

"It's your fault you're so weak!"

"Whatever, I don't wanna talk about Nana."

"Oh well, we'll just pick up at the part where you watched him change."

"Wait what?! I did not!"

You ignored him. "Now explain how you got Nana to like you!" You guys were getting closer to the school now.

"Wait, this place looks familiar. Are you sure we're going the right way to the doctor's..?"

You scoffed. "Yeah. Of course it is!" You couldn't afford to miss one day of school, and you were already behind since you couldn't focus in class.

He looked skeptical, but because of his lack of directions, he just went along. "Ok... but we better not be going to school. I wouldn't want, uh, you, to, um, have a headache...in class."

What's with all the hesitations in that sentence? "Whatever." You sprinted the last few steps, and the school appeared in front of you guys.

"Shoot. We're here." Sungjong finished catching up to you. "Dang it, Haerin! I told you to take us to the doctor's!"

"Well, too bad. We're at school, and I don't have a concussion, so we're spending the rest of the day here."

"Aww, but- Ack!" Sungjong hid behind your back.

You whipped your head to either side to see what scared him so much. You didn't see anything in particular. You sighed. "Aish, typical Lemon Candy. Getting scared by nothing."

He peeked his eyes over your shoulder to inspect the surroundings, and his eyes were locked on something in the distance. "Right there!"

"What's right there?" You looked in that direction and your face became overcome with realization. "Ohhh~"

"Yeah. Now keep quiet. Let's go."

Oh, no. You're not getting away that easy. So that's why you wanted to avoid school so much today huh?

You waved to the figure in the distance.  "Nana!  Over here!"

Told you, Lemon Candy. Today's your death day.