Baek

Yah, Lemon Candy!

He smirked and waved once to acknowledge you.  "Nice to meet you here, Haerin."

You scoffed.  "Yeah, right.  You're glad to see me?  I find that hard to believe."

Baek chuckled and made his way out of the shadows.  He was wearing an exotic work uniform, adorned with pictures of various candy.  He looks like an evil version of Willy Wonka, you thought as he came closer to you.  He probably really did attempt to be the evil version, since he started rubbing his palms together and chuckled menacingly.

Is he trying to scare me?  You rolled your eyes.  "Wow, this is stupid.  I'm leaving."  You began to walk out of the room.

"Wait!" Baek called, and jogged up behind you.  You stopped andand turned around to allow him a chance to talk.  He scratched the back of his head.  "I was just kidding."

You crossed your arms.  "Ok...so?"

"So... you should stay... Look around a bit."

You let your eyes wander around the darkness of the room and land on the massive machinery.  They didn't seem too appealing.  "I'm just here to look for candy.  Sorry, but I'm not interested in stuff around here."  You started to leave again.

Baek came closer and lightly tugged on your arm.  "Aw, come on!  It'll be fun, man!"

You looked at him strangely because of the sudden skinship.  Wow, this guy acts like Woohyun.  You stood still and glared at Baek until he noticed his actions.

"What?" he asked, still clinging onto your arm.

You cleared your throat, darting your eyes from your arm to his hands.

Baek finally caught on and released your arm.  "Sorry," he shyly said, and diverted his eyes.

It was then that you noticed a name tag on his exotic work uniform.  Byun Baekhyun.

"Your real name is Baekhyun?" you asked, surprised.  That sounded like such an innocent name - so unlike his personality.

"Surprised?" He smirked.  "What did you think 'Baek' was short for?"

You shrugged.  "I didn't really care, so I never put any thought into it."

A flash of disappointment crossed his face, but was quickly replaced again with his cold front.

You started turning towards the door again.  "See ya."

"Wait!" he said with a hopeful smile.  "Wanna see how our candies are made?"

You chuckled lightly and questioned him.  "Why?"

"I dunno... " he sheepishly admitted.  "I guess I'm just in the mood to show someone around."

You scoffed.  "In other words, you're bored." You your heels towards the door again.

You were halfway down the stairs when you heard a slightly high-pitched voice exclaim, "Yay!  I win!  I found them first!"

You groaned loudly.  "Dang it!  Yah, Lemon Candy!"  You started dashing down the steps, prepared to confront that diva.  But before you could, a hand grabbed onto your wrist tightly.  You grew annoyed and lifted your eyes up to see who it was.  "Baek, let go of me!  I'm not I the mood to deal with you right now!"

He didn't release his grip, but instead, led you back up the stairs again.

You tried twisting your wrist out of his hand, but he was too strong- much stronger than the Infinite guys whom you hung out with.  That caused a wave of disappointment wash over you.  Darn it, is the reason why I seem so strong is because I was hanging out with weak people?  You rolled your head towards the ceiling and mentally hit yourself.  I feel so embarrassed.  Gosh, I am a weakling just like Lemon Candy.

All the while, Baekhyun was still leading you back into the fruits room.  You guys arrived and he let go of your wrist.  "Why'd you get so mad down there?  It sounded like that Diva Sungjong's voice."

You let out a tired sigh and explained to him.  "Well, this is the first time we've been here, so we made a bet.  Whoever found the lemon candies first would get more of the share."

"That is such a silly bet."

"Yah!  How come?"

"It's so childish.  I can see Sungjong being like that, but you?  I thought you're the top student in your class or something."

"How does that even relate?" you crossed your arms.

He chuckled.  "Fine then.  Let's just put this conversation aside.  There's something I wanna show you." He walked up to one of the machines and clicked some buttons.

You dropped your arms as you gazed in awe at the sight in front of you.

Hundreds of perfectly wrapped lemon candies rolled out of a small side compartment from the machine.  You asked, "Where'd all this come from?"

Baekhyun pulled a lever and the the machinery stopped.  He plucked one off the conveyor belt.  "For you." He opened up your palm and plopped the bite size candy onto it.

You were mesmerized by how perfectly delicious it looked, and quickly put it in your mouth.  It tasted so much better than the ones you usually got at Destiny Wings.  "It's so good!  Did you make this?"

He nodded proudly and smiled.  "Yup.  I guess this is kinda a side job for me.  Noone knows though, not even Nana and EXO-K."

"Who?" You asked, puzzled.

Baekhyun looked at you like you were the dumbest creature ever.  "EXO-K.  Our group."

"Ohhhhhhh."

He laughed at your reaction.

You were about to laugh along, but then you suddenly realized something that made you spit out the lemon candy.  It landed a centimeter away from his shoe. 

He jumped back in shock.  "Why'd you do that?"

You wiped your mouth and eyed him.  "What if you poisoned that?"

"What the heck?!"

You looked at the innocent piece of lemon candy on the ground in digust.  You reminded him, "I thought that we're still not on good terms - Nana, EXO-K, and us.  You must've tried to poison me with that."

"W-what?!  But I didn't even know you were going to be here!  How could I have poisoned it beforehand?"

You shrugged.  "Maybe Nana told you to."

"Huh?  We wouldn't do that!" Baekhyun was starting to fidget around uncomfortably.

By then, you were convinced that he was innocent.  But something was still irking you. "Ok then.  How about we make a deal?" You offered.

"For what?  I didn't even do anything!"

"Gosh, be quiet and just listen!"  You checked to see if anyone was eavesdropping.  When the coast was clear, you leaned in and whispered, "I won't tell anyone you tried to poison me..."

He opened his mouth again to protest, but you glared and cut him off.

"If... you help me get Nana and Sungjong together."

He looked astounded at your statement, but then recovered.  "Heh.  Piece of cake."

You smirked and put out a hand to high-five him.  He returned it, and, just like that, it was on.

Sungjong may have won the Lemon Candy challenge, but he's in for whole new round of revenge from me.