Life or Death

Yah, Lemon Candy!

"W-wha...?" That was all that could come out of your guys' mouths.  

You stared at Sungjong with your mouth agape.  Kiss each other?  Why?!

Sooni continued advancing as tears of heartbreak were rolling down her face.  "Insolent children!  You dare disrespect your elder?!" She screeched.  "If there isn't any love around here, what reason is there for me to live anymore?  I might as well just kill myself!"

"No, stop!" Sungjong yelled right as she sliced the air near .  You gasped from such a close call.  "Please," he begged.  "Do not kill yourself, Mrs.Yoon."

"Then do as I say," she snarled through gritted teeth.  

I nearly whimpered, something I've never done in my life.  Is this what people call a life or death situation?

The two guards burst through the door.  "Sooni, stop threatening them.  They're just-"

"One step closer and I'm plunging this through my heart, do you hear me?!  And you know that if I die like this, you're all losing your jobs." She tightened her grip on the shard.  "Lowly imbeciles."  She whipped back to you and Sungjong with a sick smile.  "Now where were we?"

Sungjong kept a tight hold of your shoulders, gently reassuring you.  

Sooni examined her weapon meticulously.  "I'll give you children until the count of three.  One..."

Your body was violently shaking from  everything that was happening- and what was about to happen.  You stuttered, "Wait!  H-How are we supposed to k-kiss?"

"Two..."

You were about to break down.  "Where?  Like on the head? ... T-The cheek?  How long is it supposed to last?"

"Three!" she growled and hefted the shard above her chest.

Your eyes bulged out.  "No, Mrs. Yoon-!" But your words were cut off as, in one swift movement, Sungjong twirled you around and locked your lips together with his.  You were stunned at how Lemon Candy actually did that.  Are we actually...?  Oh my gosh.  What?!

Your heart was beating a million times per second.  Through your wide opened eyes, you could see how his features appeared up close.  Wow, his skin really is flawless... just like a girl's.... And his eyes... Wait a minute.  His eyes are closed.  Is that what we're supposed to do when we kiss?  You had never had expeience with kissing before.

You slowly closed, more like squinted, your eyes shut.  Your mind was totally clouded as a tingly warmth spread through your body.  At the moment, you didn't care if the guards were in the room, nor did you care about Sooni staring intently from the side.  The kiss was imperturbable and wonderful and-

"Hey, Haerin, Lemon Candy, did you know- OH MY FRICKIN GOSH.  What did I just walk into?"

The both of you instantly pushed away from each other when you heard the voice.  

Stammering, you pretended to act as natural as possible.  "Hey, Namu, need anything?" you asked, placing your hands awkwardly on your hips.  You mentally pleaded Sungjong to say something to ease the discomfort you guys were noticeably in.  To your dismay, he didn't say anything.

"Awwww~" Woohyun cooed.  "You guys finally did it?"

Heat rushed to your face.  "Did what?  W-we didn't do anything!"

Just then, Nana decided to show up.  "You guys didn't do what thing?"

Woohyun gave you and Sungjong a sly smile.  "Nothing," he said to Nana.  "Just something they should've done a long long time ago." He gave you guys a wink and you threw both hands to your face to hide your embarrassment.  

Nana shrugged.  "Oh well, whatevs." He turned back to you and Sungjong.  "Hey, guess what, you guys?"

You didn't want to lift your hands away from your face, so you just mumbled into your palms.  "What?"

Nana jumped up and down under the door frame.  "Haerin, you're with me a Baek!" 

You dropped your hands.  "Huh?  What do you mean?"

"I mean," Nana made his way over enthusiastically and hooked an arm around your shoulders.  "They made a scheduling error in the system!  This patient is actually for Woohyun and Sungjong," he explained as he escorted you towards the door.

You could feel your heart drop in disappointment.  Really?  They chose now to show up?  You peeked behind your shoulder to see how Sungjong reacted.  He still kept quiet.  

He must not feel the same way then...  Because he clearly isn't showing any emotion.

Heaving a tremendous sigh, you plastered on a wide smile.  "Alright, Nana!" You said energetically.  "Lead the way!"

He excitedly clapped his hands.  "Yay!  You are gonna have the best time with me and Baek!"

You gave a weak "Yay" and tried to hold up the smile.

Nana strutted out behind you and held onto the door handle.  "Bye, oppas!" she waved to Woohyun and Sungjong.  I'll miss you!" And with that, he slammed the door behind him.  "Ok, room 341 is this way."

You nodded meekly as you trudged after him.  

I guess the kiss meant nothing to Lemon Candy.