Detention

Yah, Lemon Candy!

"We hurricane!"

You fumbled with your phone that was going of in the middle of your detention session.

The teacher glared at you through her narrow glasses.

"Chusuhamnida," you apologized with a slight bow, and tucked the phone into your backpack.  "Stupid phone, I thought I turned you off," you mumbled, and continued staring straight ahead while sitting in the uncomfortable wooden chair.

Woohyun had just called you.

You looked at the clock.  Oh good, only five minutes left.  You've been in here since 3, which was twenty-five minutes ago.

You fidgeted in your seat at the boredom that had been growing on you.  The teacher forbid you to do anything for the entire time so that you could "reflect on your actions".

You heaved a sigh and just focused on the door.  Won't someone walk in already so that there can be some excitement in this dreaded place?

Just then, as if your pleads have been answered, the door swung open, startling both you and the teacher. 

"Nana.  You're even late to detention," the teacher scolded.

Nana just nodded and walked to an empty desk beside you.  "Hey."  He said to you.  "What are you here for?"

You didn't respond, partly because the teacher was still glaring, and partly because you didn't want to have any unnecessary contact with Nana.

You kept silent and stared forward the whole five minutes, not caring what Nana was doing.  Thank goodness it’s Friday.  Or else, I would’ve been behind on my studies for staying back. 

The clock finally hit 3:30, and you immediately swung your heavy backpack over your shoulder, heading towards the door.  "Annyeonghasayo," you bowed respectfully to the teacher.

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Nana getting up as well.

Oh heck no, he better not be following me out of here.

You stayed back to see how the teacher was going to respond.

"Where do you think you're going, Kim Nana?" the teacher demanded.

Nana sighed aggravatedly.  “You said that I have to stay afterschool until 3:30.  And now it’s time.”  He pointed to the clock.

The teacher crossed her arms sternly.  “And who’s the one who showed up twenty-five minutes late?  You’re staying back to make up for the time you missed.”

Nana groaned.  “Saensangnim!  I have something important to do right now!  I’ll make it up some other time.”  He started walking towards the door.

Heck no, you’re not following me out of here.

“Yah, Kim Nana!  Come back here this instance or else you’re going to be referred to the principal’s office!”  The teacher yelled from inside the classroom.

Nana didn’t care and just kept walking towards the door.  He replied back, “Ara, saensangnim!  I’ll take that discipline.”  He looked at you.  “I have somewhere important to go right now.”

You scoffed and crossed your arms.  “Ok, then go.  I’ll go after you.  I don’t want to go the same way as you.”

He scoffed.  “Well, whether you like it or not, that’s exactly what I intended to do.  You’re taking me to wherever you’re going so that I can be absolutely sure that you aren’t secretly meeting up with my Sungjong.”

You glared at him.  You weren’t planning to go straight home, where Sungjong was.  “I’m not going to his house.  And wherever I’m going is none of your business.”  You tried stepping to the side to pass him, but he blocked your path.  “Yah.  Move, you dumbo,” you ordered.

“I can’t be sure if what you're saying is true.  I’m going to have to follow you just to be safe.”

You rolled your eyes.  “Fine.  Whatever.  But just so you know, you’re gonna be hecka bored if you follow me to where I’m going.”  You pulled out your phone and called Woohyun.

“Yobosayo?” Woohyun’s voice could be heard from the other end.

Your face lit up at the sound of your best friend’s voice.

Seeing your beaming, Nana’s eyes widened.  “Yah!  Are you talking to Sungjong right now?  Let me talk to him!”  He lunged for the phone.

You turned away just in time.  “Who I’m talking to is none of your business.  Go away!”

Nana scowled at you and stomped his foot.  He scooted closer to eavesdrop on your phone conversation.

“YAH!” you yelled at him.

Woohyun chuckled.  “Dude, whoever you’re yelling at, I don’t know if you’re scaring them, but you surely have damaged my eardrums.”

You quickly recovered.  “Oh, mianhae, Namu.  It’s just that there’s this guy who’s trying to eavesdrop on our conversation.”

“Oh really?” Woohyun said.  He was quiet for a bit before continuing.  “Then, I love you, Haerin.  Come home soon.  I need someone to cuddle with tonight.”

“WHAT THE HECK, NAMU?”

You could hear laughter from the other end of the phone.  You looked at Nana to see his reaction and was met with a red faced guy with a smug look on his face.

You yelled into the phone.  “Yah, Namu!  Tell this guy that you were joking!”

“But it’s true, Haerin baby.  Come home soon~” Woohyun hummed.

You started speed-walking away from Nana, embarrassed. 

“Ima kill you when I meet you at the front of the school, you frickin Namu.”

“Ara~  See you soon, jagi.”

You quickly hung up and stuffed the phone into your blazer pocket.

You finally reached the front gates and saw a figure leaning casually against the steps.  You tiptoed over as discreetly as you could.  You were behind him, but he didn’t seem to notice just yet.  You raised your leg to kick his back as hard as you could, but missed as he turned around just in time.  You resulted in kicking the air and unintentionally falling forward.

Woohyun caught you before you were even anywhere close to the ground.  He cradled you in his arms.  “I’ve missed you, jagiya.”

You struggled to get out of his hug, since you haven’t gotten revenge on him for embarrassing you to Nana over the phone.

"Yah!  Let go of me.  It's only been a day," you said.

“Oh!  You’re the one I saw at the library the other day!”

You didn’t have to turn around to know who it was, but Woohyun did. 

So you did follow me after all...

Woohyun greeted Nana.  “Hello.”

“Hi,” Nana replied with a smile.

Darn, this guy is smooth. 

You turned to Woohyun. “That’s a guy.”

“Bwo?!”

Nana whined, “Yah, I don’t want him to know that!”

You stuck out your tongue at him.  “I’m just protecting my friend from getting seduced by a guy.”

You turned to Woohyun and saw that his face didn’t have the slightest hint of blushing.  You were annoyed.  “Namu!  Why aren’t you embarrassed by that?”

He grinned.  “It’s because I’m used to any kind of grease there possibly is.”

You rolled your eyes at him and he just laughed. 

“We’re wasting time," you reminded him.  "Let’s head over to the library now.”

 “Mkay.”  Woohyun stood up, pulling you to your feet as well.

You glanced at Nana and said to Woohyun, “Yah, I can get up by myself.  You’re making me look weak in front of this guy.”

“That’s because you are weak,” Woohyun replied.

You smacked him on the head with your hand and turned back to Nana.  “Well, you’ve seen that I’m not meeting up with Sungjong.  Now leave.  I have to go study.”  You linked arms with Woohyun.  “Let’s go, Namu.”

Woohyun tilted his head back to wave at Nana, but suddenly announced to you, “I think he’s following us.”

“What?!  Why?” you complained, turning around to face Nana.

Nana blinked at you guys innocently and said, “Oh, I’m heading to a dress shop in this direction, also.  So, if you guys don’t mind, would you guys like to join me in choosing a dress for the dance?”  He seemed to really be serious.

You were irritated by this guy.  “What makes you think that we’d want to go dress shopping with you?!” you exclaimed.

Nana looked at the ground dejectedly. 

You were shocked at his game right now and turned to Woohyun.  “Don’t believe him, Namu!  He’s not that innocent.  He tried to threaten me this morning!”

Woohyun looked between you and Nana, confused at what was going on.  Then he finally spoke up.  “What do you need dresses for?”

You were practically about to explode.  “You pabo!  I just told you that he threatened me and that’s what you care about?!”

Woohyun looked at you.  “I’m just curious.”

You facepalmed yourself.

Nana began pleading again.  “Please, you guys.  It’ll only take a few minutes.  And, yes,” he turned to Woohyun.  “I did slightly threaten her this morning, but it wasn’t that big of a matter.  I just told her to help me get ready for the school dance so that I can impress Sungjong.”

You could tell that Woohyun was surprised.

You chuckled and nudged his side.  “Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you.  This guy likes Lemon Candy.” You smirked.

Woohyun’s jaw dropped even more. 

“Oh well, let’s get going,” you said as you tugged Woohyun in the direction of the library.

Nana yelled from behind. “Yah, so is that a yes or a no?”

“NO.”

“Yes.”

You instantly stopped in your tracks and turned to Woohyun.  “What did you just say?”

Woohyun beamed.  “I said yes.  I want to help him pick out a dress.”

Now it was your turn to be in shock.  “You’re insane,” you told him.

Nana ran up and threw his arms around you guys.  “Aw, you guys are the best!  Thank you!”

You pushed yourself away from him.  “I never agreed to anything!”

Woohyun laughed and pushed himself away from Nana as well, pulling you aside.  He whispered, “Haerin, you said that this guy likes Sungjong, right?  So here’s our chance to prank that Lemon Candy.”

You considered that for a moment.  “I...guess,” you paused.  “So now what do you want to do?  Spend three hours looking for the perfect prom dress for him?”

“He said that it’ll only take a few minutes.”

“Oh heck no, Namu.  Considering this guy, it’ll probably take him hours to choose one.  I have homework to catch up on!”

Woohyun rolled his eyes.  “What happened to the fun prankster Haerin that we all knew and loved?  It’s a Friday, for crying out loud!”

“Yeah... I guess,” you murmured.

Nana was looking at the both of you with hopeful eyes.

You considered the situation for a moment. 

“Aw, whatever," you chuckled.  "I still haven’t gotten back at that Lemon Candy for what he did to me... so, might as well take this chance.”  You linked arms with Woohyun and dragged Nana along. 

“Off to the dress shop!”

A/N: Hey you guys!  Sorry for missing a week of updating.  Last week, I was writing my other fanfic, Couple Tattoos.  I will try to update again very soon!

Also, anyone going to the free L.A k-pop concert this Saturday?  Infinite's gonna be there, but I can't go ;-; Have fun, all you lucky people who are going. :D

My friend and I are dancing to Infinite's "Paradise" for an art project. xD Haha, wish us luck.

See ya soon ^_^