Attacked

Yah, Lemon Candy!

"Everyone, put your hands up!" the figures demanded with their weapons pointing in your direction. 

 
You staggered at the scene in front of you, both confused and petrified. Why did we have to choose this day to get our bloods tested? You pleaded in your head. "Danggit, Namu," you murmured as you slowly started to raise your arms.
 
You saw Woohyun and Sungjong, along with the other people in the waiting room, start to raise their arms to the command of the attackers. People started murmuring to each other out of shock as to who these three masked figures were. 
 
"Hey, no talking!" one of them shouted aggressively. He stalked up closer to the crowd and pulled the trigger threateningly. "I'm not afraid to shoot anyone!"
 
You felt people from either side of you step out to shield you. "Namu! Lemon Candy!" you hissed. They didn't turn back to look at you, but just glared directly at the intruders. You knew they could still hear you though. "You don't have to cover me. I can defend myself!" you reminded them.
 
Woohyun turned his head to face you, while Sungjong just extended his arm as a shield for you. "Idiot, do you not see their guns?!" Woohyun stomped. "If they were unarmed and were asking for a fight, then that would be a different story."
 
You, however, felt like you could still defend yourself without their help. "But-"
 
The leader of the gang spun towards you. "Hey, I said no talking!" he spat.
 
You unwillingly clenched your mouth shut at his command. Just as you did so, the leader slinked up to you. "Ohh, who's this little troublemaker?" His breath ranked of alcohol and smoke. Grabbing a fistful of your short hair, he hissed, "Hey you half-girl half-boy kid. Take out your wallet."
 
You tried not to wince at the guy, but your eyes watered from his putrid breath. Nevertheless, you mustered out, "I...don't have one."
 
"Lies!" he thundered. Immediately, you clamped your hand to your nose to block out the radiating stench. "I said to keep your arms up!" he whipped his gun out and pointed it at your neck.
 
"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Woohyun shouted from your side. That caught the gang leader's attention, and he brutally shoved you to the side, making you collide into Sungjong. The guy lifted his head pugnaciously. "Oh yeah? And what can you do about it?" He grabbed Woohyun's collar threateningly. 
 
You noticed a lump slide down Woohyun's throat. He gulped once before sternly saying, "A person's honor is more powerful than his property."
 
"Ha!" the leader scoffed in Woohyun's face. "What was that petty quote for, you bowl head!" 
 
"Please leave her and us alone." You were surprised at how composed Woohyun was in a situation like this. Usually, he would be energetic and wild. But right at this moment, he was a completely different person. 
 
The leader shook his head. "Oh, no. I'm not leaving until I can pull something from you worthless fools." He glanced around at the remaining patients who were scattered around in fear, whimpering their heads off at the intrusion. He scoffed and returned to you, since you were the closest person besides Woohyun. "Hey pretty girl," he whispered by your ear. Your eyes watered again at the ranking smell. "I'm gonna say this once, so you better comply." He placed an aggressive hand on your shoulder. "Show me your wallet!"
 
You nearly collapsed from his shouting. "I said I don't have one!"
 
Incredulously, he decided to check for himself. "Liar," he repeated, and stuck his hands into your shirt pockets. When he couldn't find anything there, he nearly gave you an entire pat down, if it wasn't for Woohyun's interjection.
 
He jumped directly onto the guy's back and kicked him across the head. "I SAID, DON'T TOUCH HER!"
 
From behind the counter, you heard one of the nurses dial into the telephone. "Police? We have a prob-" Two bullets sliced across the counter and lodged themselves into the wall behind her.
 
"I said, NO TALKI-"
 
 Forcefully, Woohyun attacked the leader's weapon and succeded in tossing it haphazardly behind them. "Get out of here," Woohyun hissed.
 
The aggressive leader was apathetic to his order. "You dropped me gun." He grabbed Woohyun by the collar and raised him off his feet. "You're gonna pay!" He rammed Woohyun into you and Sungjong, making all three of you topple to the ground.
 
"My leg..." Sungjong murmured as the two of you landed on top of him. You didn't have time to register anything as Woohyun was being lifted up again and pummeled in the stomach. Woohyun struggled in defense, but was no match for the burly leader.
 
Finally, you came to your last resort. "Stop hurting him!" You shouted. You fumbled to extract anything that could please the intruders. Much to your dismay, nothing of interest came out, until your fingers caught onto the folded documents you received to get your blood testing. "Hey!" you shouted to get the guy's attention. He whipped around impatiently to see what you had. You tried to keep your voice steady as you unfolded the paper. "This isn't much, but here are my documents. It has my address and full name and-"
 
Sungjong interjected. "Haerin! You can't just give an attacker your information!"
 
You ignored his warning. "I have to do what's best for Namu," you whispered, and turned back to the leader. "Here, take a look."
 
He had seemed uninterested at first, but since Sungjong had said that, he instantly became intrigued. Dropping Woohyun with a thud, he ripped the paper from your hands. You didn't care and raced over to check on Woohyun. "Are you alright?" you asked, your expression etched with worry.
 
Woohyun cringed and clutched his hip as he sat up, but nevertheless, forced onto himself a smile. "No, I'm all left."
 
You whacked his arm. "How can you be joking at a time like this?!"
 
"Wait..." the gang leader murmured. "Lee Haerin... Blood type O...." He turned to stare at you, mouth agape. After a moment of queer silence, he spoke up again, voice barely audible. "Why did you leave the birth parents' section blank?" He pointed to an area on the sheet. 
 
You shrugged. "I don't remember who they are."
 
Another moment of silence passed until he prudently asked, "By any chance, we you abandoned by your birth parents around... ten years ago?"
 
You were taken back by all this information he was pulling from you. "And what relation do you have to that?" I uttered.
 
The man gulped. "I am your uncle."
 
If you had known how this would turn out, you never would've handed him the paperwork.
 
--------
Author is back!!! Haha yeaaahhh. Sorry it took forever to update. I've been having writer's block. But hopefully, I'll be able to wrap up this fanfic soon for you guys! :)