#10

Unconditionally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]"Ja…gi…yah~!"

 

Dara slowly awoke in surprise as a flamboyant bouquet of red roses suddenly appeared before her eyes. She looked up in confusion at Kris who smiled rather flirtatiously at her.

 

"Are you blushing?" he winked at her. Dara gave him a very strange glance before pulling the comforter over her head.

 

“Please get out.”

 

Kris looked rather put-off. He had spent an entire day skimming through romantic-comedy dramas, Luhan had listed for him in order to see what sort of things Dara would find romantic. Unfortunately, it was proving to be… less than effective.

 

"But I don't want to be separated from you," he said in a suave voice. "I want to see my cute jagiya all… the… time~."

 

Dara shifted out of her blanket and simply stared at him in confusion. Kris felt himself turn pink down to his hair roots.

 

Good grief, how do these writers come up with these horrible cheesy lines?

 

"I..." Kris paused. "I guess these don't work on you, huh?"

 

He took a deep breath and reconsidered a scene he had watched in one of Lee Minho’s drama. Before she could even react, he swiftly leaned in and kissed her, his arms forcefully around hers.

 

Ow!

 

Kris stumbled back in shock, hand brushing the bruised lip Dara had bitten. Dara gazed at him, eyes wide with frightened tears.

 

"D- Dara?" he hesitantly reached out to her, but she shrank away in fear, whimpering.

 

"Dara, I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

 

The tips of his fingers gently grazed her arm, and she backed away even further, fright evident on her face.

 

"Don't touch me," she begged, voice trembling.

 

Kris stared.

 

So this was what heartbreak felt like.

 

Dara… innocent, carefree Dara… was afraid of him. Her eyes were full of fear and an emotion Kris had only seen once before, when she had been running away at his company after seeing him with Victoria.

 

Disgust… she thinks I'm disgusting…

 

Kris suddenly remembered their honeymoon and felt something hot and painful claw at his heart.

 

Dara… is this how you felt? When I looked at you and wished it was Chaerin in your place?

 

… I'm sorry. How am I supposed to make you realize how much I'm regretting my actions during our marriage?

 

"I… I'm sorry," Kris swallowed.

 

This was going to be harder than it looked… in romantic-comedies, for some reason, it was strangely romantic for the main male lead character to grab the girl and forcefully kiss her. But… then again… those main female leads hadn't been traumatically fondled by their husbands.

 

Kris took a deep breath.

 

"How… How about we go out on a date today?" he said in a falsely bright voice. Dara turned away.

 

"I'm busy tonight," she murmured.

 

"Busy with what?"

 

"…I'm meeting Oppa… Donghae oppa."

 

The hot, painful feeling turned even hotter and a little angry.

 

"Y- You're meeting Lee Donghae?"

 

Calm down. At this rate, you're going to scare her.

 

Dara refused to look him in the eye, and went to shower.

 

Kris slumped on the floor before he took a few deep breaths.

 

No… No, I can't afford to lose you like this. I'm not Wu Yifan for nothing. I can't lose you, Dara. It's just not going to happen.

 

He ran to the bedroom. He had to contact his only ally now.

 

***

 

"Kris, I am somewhat opposed to this-"

 

"Shh, they'll hear us!"

 

Kris peered from behind the menu he was hiding, eyes narrowing as he saw Lee Donghae smiling at Dara, his dark orbs warm with love and tenderness.

 

His heart hurt when he saw Dara dressed in y black tube dress with gold crooked patterns, looking like some sort of goddess, one only saw in dreams.  Her long blonde mane had been twisted up into some sleek, elegantly simple bun. She even had light makeup on, emphasizing her sweet eyes and naturally pink cheeks.

 

This isn't fair, you're my wife, I want you to look that beautiful only for me, don't smile at him, please, please, why do you have to look so goddamn wonderful tonight, oh God, I want to rip that dress off of you and…

 

As Kris got lost in his fantasies, Kai just sighed in exasperation. Kris peered intently at Donghae and Dara, listening to their conversation.

 

"You look beautiful," Donghae murmured.

 

Don't look at her like that, you bastard, that's my wife you're eying up, stop it, stop it, I hate you, I'll ing murder you, get away from her…

 

Kris was dismayed at seeing the flattered blush on D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter