#2NE1

Unconditionally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]

Five months later

 

Kris ducked as a plate shattered above his head. He lifted his face in stun. How on earth had this fight happened?

                            

For the past five months, life had gradually returned to normal. Kris made efforts to come home more frequently, Dara made amends with her YG Family especially with Kwon Jiyong, and both were happily living  without any more drama.

 

But tonight… as they were eating dinner together, Dara had been ravenous apparently, and when she saw Kris hadn't finished his bulgogi, she proceeded to help herself. Kris had made a teasing comment and Dara had immediately flipped the table. Literally.

 

Dara continued to sob as she grabbed a knife and reared her arm back.

 

"Wait, wait!" Kris said hastily. "I'm sorry, Dara! Let's talk about this!"

 

"Kris, you horrible, horrible person!" Dara wailed. "How could you say such a thing?!"

 

"…that you need to get started on that diet?"

 

Dara let out another screech and threw the knife straight to his direction. Kris barely missed the sharp object. Watching Kris scarcely dodged to his death, Dara seemed to regain her senses slightly, before she leaned back, a hand pressed to her temple.

 

"Wh- What am I doing?" she said, almost in a frightened tone. Kris released a breath when he saw her regaining her senses.

 

"Dara…" he said tentatively. "I- I'm sorry about what I said… I didn't mean… I mean… I always teased you about your weight, but you know I don't honestly think that… I just like to see you all flustered."

 

Dara remained silent.

 

"Dara?"

 

"Kris," her voice came out softly. It caught him off-guard. She looked frightened, looked so scared and fragile. Kris slowly reached out and urged her out of the kitchen, carefully making sure she didn't step on any broken pieces of plate, bowls, and cups or other sharp edges of their kitchen’s belonging.

 

He gently guided her to the couch and tried to smile encouragingly.

 

"Do you need a glass of water?"

 

He stood up to go and get it, but Dara's hand stopped him.

 

"N- No…" Dara shook her head. "You have to hear this."

 

Kris bit his lip. Here it came. She would tell him that she had made the wrong choice, that she had learned over the past few months, how shameful it felt, being with a husband that didn't even know how to love unless it was obsessive, how obvious it was that there were other men, far better men that wanted her, and-

 

"I'm pregnant again."

 

"Please don't leave me," Kris begged, wrapping his arms around her. And then the actual words sunk in and he immediately released her, eyes wide.

 

"Wh- Wh-?"

 

Dara lowered her head, and Kris was stunned, to say the least, to see tears beginning to clot in her eyes.

 

She had thought that Kris would not want this, and when he released her, it only confirmed her suspicions that he was disgusted by her.

 

Kris thought back to Dara's tantrum, and it suddenly clicked.

 

Cravings… mood swings… oh…

 

Dara let out a surprised gasp as Kris immediately swept her into his arms.

 

"Thank God," he muttered into her hair. "Thank God…"

 

He kept repeating the words over and over as he her hair, pushing back the tears that threatened to come.

 

Here, he had been selfishly worrying if she was going to abandon him, while she was carrying the fear of disgusting him, when it did just the opposite.

 

Dara's eyes widened in shock at what happened next. Kris removed his arms from around her… and, still sitting down, lowered his head. At first Dara thought he was going to lay in her lap, until she realized that his lips were pressed against her still-flat stomach.

 

"Hello, you," he murmured. "I can't wait for you to come."

 

Dara felt all her fears leave. Kris wasn't disgusted. He seemed thrilled at the prospect of being a father.

 

"Kris… Kris, I-"

 

"You are not fat."

 

She blinked. "Huh?"

 

"I was just teasing you," he swore. "You're as skinny as the day we met."

 

Dara paused, but managed a tiny giggled. "But I'll get fat later, you know."

 

"God, that's so beautiful," Kris muttered before pressing his lips against hers.

 

4 years later

 

"You know, I really think you're the most beautiful when you're round."

 

Dara glared at Kris. "Are you calling me round?"

 

Kris held up his hands in self-defense. "Like I said, beautiful."

 

Dara couldn't help a smile. "Wow… remember back when you wouldn't say that word?"

 

"I have no such recollection," Kris said stiffly. "My wife was beautiful from the day she asked me out, nearly jumped in joy as I said yes, and blushed in all different shade of red when I noticed. "

 

"Kris!" she admonished, but suddenly noticed, over Kris' shoulder, a small group of woman gossiping.

 

"Hey, hey, who's that?"

 

"He's so handsome!"

 

“So tall!”

 

"Wow, don't you ever read the news? That's Wu Yifan!"

 

"Wu? Wait, Wu?!"

 

"Wow! His picture was handsome, but he's even hotter in real life!"

 

Dara felt her hands shaking. How could these women gossip so loudly? And right in front of them? And at a place like this?!

 

Kris seemed to notice her shaking frame, and was about to tell her to ignore them, until the next words made him freeze.

 

"But who's that?"

 

"…well, I heard he's married. Maybe that's her."

 

"No way… what a waste."

 

"Yeah, with a guy like that, she should at least be pretty."

 

"She looks like his little sister."

 

"Hey, maybe she is."

 

"Well, why's she so round? Is she pregnant or something?"

 

"Who knows… Maybe she's just fat."

 

The group of women erupted in loud giggles, their whispers steadily growing louder and louder with each comment. Dara took a deep breath. Anger was not a good thing to feel with the baby in her stomach. She opened to angrily retort at the women, until…

 

"Mmph?!"

 

Kris held her close to him (well as close as he could, what with her large stomach getting in the way), his kiss getting even more passionate than usual.

 

Dara felt all h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter