#2

Unconditionally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]“Kris’ Birthday?!”

 

“Yes,” Kris’ mother let out a friendly laugh. “That silly boy, he always just let us do everything.”

 

“But… but doesn’t Kris want to celebrate his birthday?”

 

“Well…” the old woman hesitated. “To be honest, most of the time, we weren’t there for it… but we always tried to make sure he had a huge party. This year, since he’s married, I figured we could leave it up to you!”

 

She gulped nervously.

 

“Thank you, Dara… you always know what I liked best.”

 

“Ah, Kris!” Dara blushed. “You’re embarrassing me!”

 

“I can’t help myself,” he murmured, his face drawing down to hers. “You’re just too beautiful.”

 

“Kris…”

 

“Dara… Can I have you as my birthday present?”

 

And then he gapped the few spaces between them and kissed her senseless, he scooped her up and led her to their bedro-

 

“Dara-yah!”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Did you hear me?”

 

Dara squeezed her eyes tight as she smacked herself on the forehead. She needed to snap out of her erted childish reverie. She focused back to her mother-in-law and apologized.

 

“It’s okay. Anyhow, we were planning to throw him a party again this year, but we weren’t sure if you we’re willing to do it… what do you say?”

 

Memories of the past immediately flashed back on her mind. Before dating Kris, she had been his friend first. And she knew, how Kris felt during his past expensive celebrations. Although, he might had not shown it, Dara knew, that what he wanted the most was to be with his family…

 

“No, Mother,” she smiled. “Don’t worry about it  this year, I will take care of everything.”

 

“Oh, Dara!” the old woman gushed. “I knew I could count on you!”

 

***

 

“Eh?!”

 

Kris only glance at her for a briefest moment before returning back to his computer.

 

“But it’s your birthday!”

 

“So?” he shrugged, his long fingers continuously tapping through the keys. “I can’t tell that to President Song.”

 

“But… can’t you meet with President Song another day?”

 

He sighed before looking up to her. He shook his head, despite the imploring emotion on her eyes.

 

“Look… the one who’s making the request for our companies merging is me. If President Song is only willing to meet me tomorrow, then I’m going to go.”

 

“T-Then can you come home after? Let’s have dinner together!” she asked desperately. But was answered with his stoic look.

 

“We’re meeting for dinner.”

 

Dara sighed. She knew it was inevitable to argue with him.

 

“…I don’t mind a cake though.”

 

She blinked.

 

“I don’t like anything with too much fosting.”

 

Dara stared dumbfounded at the man who was trying desperately to hide the pink in his cheeks. The smile she blessed him with could not be brighter.

 

“All right! I’ll have the cake waiting when you get home!” she cheered gleefully before leaving him with his work.

 

Kris would never dare admit it, but he was actually looking forward to his birthday this year.

 

***

 

The next day, Dara got up bright and early. She had hardly been able to sleep the night before. How exciting! She was g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter