#16

Unconditionally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Dara's eyes slowly fluttered open, only to see Kris changing at the foot of the bed. She slowly got up, pulling the comforter over her chest.

 

"K- Kris…?"

 

He grinned at her. "It's about time you woke up."

 

"Wh- What time is it?"

 

He checked his watch. "7."

 

She frowned. "Oh… I'm up pretty early today."

 

"Well, I'm going now."

 

"…going?"

 

"Where else? I'm going to go meet Chaerin."

 

Dara's eyes widened. "Wh-?"

 

Kris caught sight of her expression and smirked. "What? You didn't think last night actually meant something, did you?"

 

"K- Kris…" Dara felt something in her die. Why was he doing this?

 

"Look, I'll give you points, you weren't bad, but for someone who's already done this, you're horrible in bed," he said loftily. "I bet Chaerin's better than you. Hell, Victoria's probably better than you. Maybe I should go and… keep her company."

 

"No!" she begged, reaching out for him. "Please don't! Don't go, Kris!"

 

Her slender arms came out to reach for him, but he pulled out of her grasp, and that expression, that same heartbreaking, disgusted expression stopped her.

 

"Don't touch me," he snapped. "I don't want you. You're not Chaerin. And cover up… your body's not one to be proud of."

 

"Kris," she sobbed. "Please don't leave me. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough, but I'll try."

 

Dara...

 

"Dara…"

 

He moved closer to her, and his hands came to her shoulders… and suddenly smiled evilly. "You can keep trying… but what's the point of fooling? You and I both know that you could never be the most important person in my heart."

 

"But…"

 

Dara…

 

"How about you go back to your friends? Jiyong or Donghae might actually take you."

 

"Kris…?"

 

Dara? Dara!

 

***

 

Dara's eyes snapped open, and the first thing she saw was Kris's concerned expression gazing down at her.

 

"What's wrong?" Kris asked urgently. She shakily sat up.

 

"Wh- What?"

 

"…Dara… you're crying," Kris whispered softly, his large hand coming up to gently wipe away her tears. She released a breath as she flopped back down on the pillow, and was suddenly aware of her ness… and exactly how close Kris was.

 

She turned scarlet when she realized that under the soft sheet was his warm bare body next to hers, but Kris simply grinned at her.

 

"Dara… you ert."

 

"Wh– Wha?!"

 

"You're a little too pink to be innocent, Wu Dara," he chuckled mischievously, the bridge of his nose brushing against her neck. She let out a squeak of surprise as she felt him lightly rubbing against the skin right under her ear.

 

He chuckled as his lips came down to gently brush against the nape of her neck.

 

"Dara…" he whispered, leaving butterfly kisses down his back.

 

She turned, if it was possible, even redder.

 

"Last night…"

 

Dara froze and she could feel herself trembling. Oh no… the nightmare was starting. She braced herself.

 

Kris put an arm around her slender waist, his kisses moving down.

 

"Last night was wonderful," he murmured and she suddenly realized how seized up her body was. She relaxed, as Kris's warmth covered her small frame.

 

"I love you so much…" he whispered. "But why are you so tense?"

 

"…"

 

"What were you crying about?" he asked worriedly. "Did you have a nightmare?"

 

"…n-no," she lied swiftly. "I guess tears just started coming out of my eyes for nothing."

 

He frowned, and wrapped his arm around her tighter.

 

"Don't lie to me, Dara," he warned. "What happened?"

 

"…are you going to leave me?" she whispered. His eyes widened in surprise as he released a small sound of confusion.

 

"Why…?"

 

And then it dawned on Kris. She was gazing up at him, and he could almost feel the self-consciousness rolling off of her.

 

"I'm not leaving you, Dara," he whispered, his hand gently cupping the small of her back. She let out a shy gasp as he lowly chuckled.

 

"I'm not doing anything," he assured her quietly. "I just want to feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter