#6

Unconditionally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]An hour later, Dara re-awoke, suddenly full of a new freshness. It sounded like Kris really was sorry for what he had done. And… he seemed willing to try and commit to the marriage a lot more than he was last time. She couldn't get Kris' tired voice out of her mind.

 

It must be hangover.

 

Suddenly, a brilliant idea struck her.

 

Why don't I prepare Kris a hangover soup? And maybe, deliver it to him? Omo!

 

She couldn't help but had her eyes gleam with excitement.

 

***

 

Dara couldn't help a giggle as she began to prepare the ingredients.  She suddenly felt a giddiness overcome her. She had never made something like this for Kris before, so this required something special! She searched in the cupboards for the lacquerware pinto, Minji had given them for their wedding. It was beautiful, with black, polished cherry wood, with a light crystal pattern of cranes on top. Red flower patterns adorned the sides, etched delicately into the smooth woodwork. There were two empty container; one for him and one for her.

 

She bit her lip in excitement.

 

Today's the day… I'll tell Kris everything… I'm sure he'll understand.

 

She nodded firmly as she rolled up her sleeves.

 

Here we go!

 

***

 

“Umm, excuse me?”

 

"Yes?"

 

“Could you tell me where President Wu's office is?”

 

The two secretaries exchanged glances. "Do you have an appointment with him?"

 

“….no.” Dara hesitated. “I'm his wife, Pa- Wu. Wu Dara.”

 

"Wife?!"

 

Dara gulped as several people around the front desk stilled. Little by little, the employees of the company began to inch towards her, trying to steal glances at her face. Apparently, President Wu's bride had been a much-gossiped topic at the company. People had been trying to guess what sort of woman she was. Dara was definitely not in their imagined boundaries, however.

 

"That's President Wu's wife?"

 

"She looks so innocent though…"

 

"And so young too…"

 

She desperately tried to block the voices as she smiled weakly at the secretaries. If they knew any better, she was actually older than Kris.

 

“So…”

 

"P- Please excuse us, Madam!" the two secretaries bowed. She laughed weakly, waving a hand.

 

“It's fine. So… could you tell me where his office is?”

 

"Um… he currently has a guest though," the secretary hesitated. Dara smiled.

 

“Oh, it's fine! I'll just pop in and drop this off for him!”

 

"…well, okay… it's on the 15th floor, at the end of the hall, directly across the elevators."

 

“Thank you!” she smiled at the two women, bowed, and made her way to the elevators. The secretaries exchanged glances.

 

"Poor thing…"

 

"She's so nice."

 

"And she looks so young too…"

 

"You should have told her it was President Song who was in his office," the older secretary scolded. The younger secretary bowed.

 

"Please excuse me!" she bit her lip. "Poor Mrs. Wu... who knows what that devil hussy woman is doing to President Wu."

 

"Shh!" the other secretary reprimanded sharply. "We don't talk that way about the president of Song Corporation."

 

"But Hyesun-ssi, did you see what she was wearing? As a business president, she really shouldn't-!"

 

"Enough!"

 

"I apologize," she bowed again, but couldn't help herself from shooting the happily unaware Dara a worried glance.

 

***

 

"Kris?" President Song cooed as she entered.

 

"President Song," he nodded in greeting. "May I ask the nature of your visit?"

 

"Now, Kris," she sat on the couch without waiting for invitation, the skirt of her dress hiking up ever so slightly. "I've told you, just to call me Victoria."

 

Kris sat on the couch opposite from her across the small coffee table, eyebrow raised.

 

"…President Song, I must repeat. What are you doing here?"

 

She pouted, crossing her legs so that her dress rode up higher. "I brought some information about the merger."

 

"I see. This was not something you could have emailed or sent with a subordinate?"

 

"I wanted to see you," her voice lowered suggestively, her tongue ever-so-subtly peeking out from the corner of her red lips. "So I thought I might as well bring the information over myself."

 

"…thank you for your consideration," Kris nodded as he stood up and took the folder from her. "Good day then."

 

"Wait, Kris!" her hand shot out and caught his arm. "We're alone… just you and me."

 

"…I am aware of this," he muttered, refusing to face her.

 

"Don't you want to… thank me for allowing your company to have a part of Song Corporation?"

 

"I thank you," he forced out. She giggled lightly.

 

"Oh it was no problem convincing my husband to sign the papers too… he believes me to be an absolute angel."

 

The meaning of those words slowly sank in.

 

It's okay… I'm married too. That shouldn't stop us from having a good time. He clenched his jaw.

 

"President Song… you're going to have to leave now."

 

"…then I'l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter