#8

Unconditionally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"Like I'll ever let that happen!"

 

Dara and Kris both turned to see Jiyong struggling against nurses and the rest of YG Family.

 

"Dara!" Jiyong shouted. "Are you really going to let this bastard do all of that to you again?! You can't really be that stupid, can you?!"

 

"Sir! You have to stay out!"

 

"Wu Yifan!" Jiyong roared. "Get the hell away from Dara!"

 

"Mr. Kwon! Please!"

 

"If you want this hospital to keep its affiliation with Kwon Financial Group," he said frigidly. "I suggest you step aside, ladies."

 

The nurses exchanged nervous glances.

 

"It's okay," Kris stood. "You should let him in. I'm done here."

 

He paused and turned to Dara, his hair shadowing his eyes. His voice was calm, which was why she was shocked to see something she had never seen before as he looked up.

 

Kris was crying. He smiled at her, a smile that cried of sorrow, as tears began to clot in his eyes.

 

"Whatever you choose… I wish you happiness," he bowed his head and murmured lowly enough for only her to hear. With that, he cleared his throat, and pushing the tears back, left, face stoic as ever.

 

"K- Kris…?" Dara managed to utter softly in surprise as he left, pushing past the worried crowd. One of them, however, stopped him. Pulling out his arm around her weeping girlfriend’s shoulder, he glanced up to meet Kris’ eyes.

 

"I'm not in the mood, Kai."

 

"Let us talk," he said shortly. Kris hesitated. Kai must have been really bothered, since the last time he checked, Kai had never concerned himself with the couple. He had never shown any interest on going against Kris and Dara, much to his girlfriend, Minji’s chagrin. Kris was somehow thankful that he had at least someone on his side; but looking at Kai now, he wasn’t convince that the man would still stand silent.

 

"All right," Kris responded in a voice that would have sounded nonchalant if it were not for Kai's extensive knowledge of him.

 

***

 

"I just have one question for you."

 

"What?" Kris challenged defensively.

 

"Did you cheat on Dara Noona or not?"

 

"Don't treat me so cheaply!" Kris roared, springing to his feet. Kai nodded in satisfaction.

 

Kris may have been rough, but he wasn't unfaithful physically at least. Mentally, however...

 

Kai was willing to bet his relationship with Minji that Kris had mentally battered Dara; after all, Kris always did have someone hidden in his sleeve: Lee Chaerin.

 

"Why?"

 

"I didn't cheat on Dara. It was a mis-"

 

"That's not what I'm asking for."

 

Kai gazed at him squarely in the eye. "Why didn't you tell her you were in love with her?"

 

"...who says I-?!"

 

"Ge- Kris," Kai said sharply, decidedly ignoring the use of honorific. "Does this really look like the time to hold on to your pride so firmly? As Noona lies in a hospital bed?"

 

Kai, without warning, punched a hole in the wall next to him. Kris stared as droplets of blood trickled down from his fist to the clean hospital floor.

 

"I love that woman," the Kim Jongin said quietly. "Minji loves her and I love everything she does. We may not seemed close, but I care for her. I view her not only as my girlfriend’s friend, but my friend as well. So you had better stop this ridiculousness of having no feelings for her. If you really don't have feelings for her... why are you here?"

 

"...she... she's my wife. I-"

 

Silence fell over the two men...until...

 

"Oh, no."

 

Kris sank to his knees, eyes wide. The look in his eyes could not have held more horror. Kai wanted to kick him; it was about time this idiot got it through his head.

 

"I...I need Dara."

 

Kris's eyes dilated, as if he had just discovered the world's most shocking wonder.

 

"I need Dara. I can't survive without her. What did I do? What...?"

 

Kris looked up, eyes hiding panic and slight mania.

 

"What have I done?"

 

Kai sighed. "You've pushed her away, a typical Wu Yifan move. I don't know if you can win this battle, Gege. I won't lie, Dara Noona is highly traumatized as of now."

 

"No... No... I need that girl," Kris choked out. "You don't unders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter