#14

Unconditionally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]Song Victoria noticed the gaping couple.

 

"Well, well!" she smiled, her bloodred lips curved into a seductive smile. She dragged her husband towards the couple, paying no attention to the hostess whose ushering them to their table."If it isn't Kris! And… I'm afraid we've never had the honor of meeting."

 

Quite shamelessly, she sat next to Kris, a little too close to be long-lost acquaintances. Dara felt herself shaking, and fisted her hands under the table to calm down, as she glared at the president of the Song Corporation. The woman gave her a sickening smile in return, her insides raging.

 

This was that wife he wanted to go home to?! She looks like a teenager!

 

"Yes… I'm afraid you are both foreign faces to me," said the tall handsome man who came with her, smiling charmingly. "Song Changmin. And you?"

 

“Wu Dara. And this is my husband, Kris.”

 

Kris had to turn his head to the side to hide the smile he was trying to bite down.

 

"Ehhhh?" Victoria cooed. "Kris, you're married? Well, I feel just dreadful now! It must have been a shock for you to see us like that!"

 

Dara gritted her teeth. Didn't this woman's husband even care? Apparently not, since he was (as Kris furiously noticed) too busy looking at Dara.

 

“You two don’t mind us sharing a table with you, right? Since it’s just us here anyway,” Victoria asked, which Kris didn’t take notice for as he was busy throwing daggers at the man whose quite shamelessly ogling  at his wife.

 

"What are you two doing here?" Changmin asked, voice soft as he stared at Dara.

 

"…"

 

"…vacation," Kris finally answered. Not that it's any of your business.

 

"Well, that's just wonderful," Victoria cooed. "Changmin and I came to spend some time with other people… and it looks like we've found you two!"

 

Hooray…

 

"So… how long have you two been married?" Changmin asked in a friendly voice. Kris quickly spoke up.

 

"Three and a half months."

 

Victoria let out a girlish chuckle. "My, how young!"

 

She latched herself onto Kris's arm, poking him cutely. "You're starting to experience the throes of new marriage, hmm? Must be nice!"

 

Dara glared at Kris.

 

You can take your arm out anytime now.

 

"Dara," Kris said suddenly. "You have something on your face."

 

Dara blinked and tried to rub her nose, but she missed it. She also missed Changmin almost drooling when he saw the adorable gesture she had just done.

 

"Not there," Kris sighed impatiently. "Here…"

 

He (conveniently) pulled his arm out of Victoria's grasp and leaned over to gently brush her cheek. Dara felt her heart speed up and managed a soft "Thank you" as he smiled at her.

 

Just then, the waitresses arrived with their meals.

 

"Shall we eat then?" he asked, pointedly ignoring Victoria and Changmin. The couple seemed rather put-off, but the four began to eat in silence.

 

***

 

"Ahhh…" Kris let out a sigh as he sank into the steaming water of the outdoor Jacuzzi. He leaned back and stared upwards at the open sky. It really was relaxing, to come her with Dara… although he would liked if it she joined him on the relaxing hot bath, rather than visiting the spa. But, his mind argued, at least you were together.

 

With that, he smiled.

 

 "Ah… President Wu Yifan, right?"

 

His smile faded in an instant. Kris looked up. "CEO Song."

 

The tall man slid into the water, his tanned six-pack glistening in the steam. Kris released an annoyed breath.

 

"So… you and your wife have only been together for three and half months, hmm?"

 

"…yes," Kris answered cautiously. He was starting to really dislike the way Song Changmin was around his wife.

 

"Tell me… does she… satisfy you?"

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"You know..." Changmin made a rather lewd gesture with his hips and grinned.

 

Kris immediately backed away.

 

I did not just hear that. I did not just see that.

 

"It's just… Victoria's good, but…" Changmin shook his head. "She's not cute at all, you know? It's boring, having such a y wife."

 

"Mm," Kris responded, hoping his bored tone would give the man a hint, but he continued.

 

"She seems more of your type. And she's… you know, skilled."

 

"…"

 

"Do you want to… you know…" Changmin grinned at him knowingly. "Give her a test run?"

 

…am I really having this conversation with this guy?!

 

Kris remained silent, remembering his words from long ago.

 

"I would feel indefinitely guilty to CEO Song."

 

Oh, boy, do I take that back…

 

"But in exchange…"

 

Kris snapped his head up.

 

"Would you mind if I borrowed your wife? Just for a night?"

 

Kris felt his fist clench under the water.

 

"What are you-?"

 

"Oh come on," Changmin rolled his eyes. "Don't try and pretend my wife hasn't come on to you. She and I may act like the perfect couple in public, but that 's probably gone after more guys than a war draft. It's so uncute…"

 

Kris could only stare at the other man in disbelief.

 

"Your wife on the other hand…" Changmin said eagerly. "What was her maiden name?"

 

"…Lee," Kris lied swiftly.

 

"Hm… Lee Dara," Changmin said, a rather unfriendly grin spreadin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter