#20

Unconditionally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]Dara's eyes widened as her YG Family stepped forward, a protective look crossing their faces.

 

"I can't wait for this stupid trial to be over," Kris said in an annoyed voice, passing them as if nothing was wrong. "Let's just get this over with."

 

Dara could only stare at him.

 

"Kris!" she finally managed out. "What are you-?"

 

"Don't call me so familiarly," he snapped. "We're getting divorced today."

 

"What?!"

 

This is a bad dream… the trial isn't actually today. There is no trial. This can't be real. What is he doing?

 

Dara's head spun.

 

"No…" she said weakly, reaching out to him, but he simply recoiled back and continued to walk towards the large double doors.

 

"Kris."

 

He ignored Kai calling after him, face lowered. He would end it today. Because he was walking forward, he didn't see Chaerin and Jiyong exchange a glance before the two of them ushered the group into the courthouse.

 

***

 

The trial seemed like a blur to Kris. He could dimly hear the Kwon representative tearing him apart, but at the moment, he was too much in a daze to really focus. When the representative brought up Ace Wu, Kris' mind began to wander.

 

I wonder if Ace would have liked business. Or maybe he'd be like his mother and be into the cooking and baking. Not that I mind. I wonder if we could have made siblings for him.

 

He couldn't help the slight smile at that idea, much to the representative's chagrin.

 

"And you see this, Your Honor?" he snapped. "Absolutely no respect to the court!"

 

"Can we just get this done already?" Kris asked boredly. "I have a divorce to get to."

 

That made everyone in the court gasp, until the judge finally cleared his throat.

 

"How do you plead?"

 

"Guilty."

 

Kris didn't even bother to hesitate as the judge nodded at his response.

 

Dara simply sat with her family and friends in shock, frozen, as a single thought came into her mind.

 

Oh no… he's doing it again. I thought he stopped so long ago… he's hiding his true feelings again.

 

What do I do…? What do I do? Kris still hasn't forgiven himself in the end! He thinks I want this!

 

Dara could only watch in horror as the judge began to speak.

 

"Then, in favor of Kwon Financial Group, Wu Yifan, you-"

 

Dara suddenly stood up, and everyone turned to her. She took a deep breath. There was only one thing she could do to stop this.

 

***

 

"I don't know what you were thinking," Kris scolded as Dara stared at her feet. "You could have seriously hurt yourself."

 

Of course… she thrashed the court, and what better way to do it but get physical with the person next to her.

 

In which was unfortunately, Bom.

 

Soon, everyone was trying to break the Park Sisters free of each other’s choke hold, enough to gain every attention inside the court, and both Lee Donghae and Kwon Jiyong had to utilize their connection to stop officials from suing the two.

 

Dara couldn't help the tiniest of smiles to herself before smoothing it back to her ashamed expression.

 

Kris unlocked the front door to their house, before the two of them entered. Kris stayed still, as Dara walked into the living room, rather lightheartedly.

 

"I… don't deserve to be by your side."

 

Dara suddenly felt a flare of anger within her. She whirled around and stomped over to him, eyes alit with fury.

 

“You're an idiot!” She snapped.

 

"Call me what you want. But I-"

 

"Why can't I choose my own happiness?" Dara lashed out. "I want… I want you to stop thinking that you're always the goddamn bad person! Please! Kris-"

 

"But-!"

 

"NO BUTS!"

 

Kris actually jumped. This was the first time he had seen Dara so angry.

 

"If you divorce me," Dara glared at him fiercely. "I will come after you and propose to you again! And if you say no, I'll just keep trying, because I love you, and-!"

 

Before she could finish, Kris trapped her against the wall, his long arms on either side of her head.

 

"You… when did you become this stubborn?" His voice cold, but eyes soft with admiration.

 

Dara took her stand.

 

“Please don't divorce me, Kris.” she begged, her eyes pleading. “I am happiest when I am with you.”

 

"…I hurt you."

 

“You healed me.”

 

"I killed our baby."

 

“You weren't the one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter