#9

Unconditionally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]"You had better have a very spectacular reason as to why my daughter is in the hospital."

 

Kris remained silent. Kyung Ran Kim* took a deep breath, clearly trying to hold her temper.

 

"I will ask again, Wu Yifan."

 

"And I will answer."

 

Kris turned around...to see his parents. Kris' father strode forward purposefully.

 

"Mrs. Kim..."  Wu Jian Hao’s* eyes were as cold as ice as he approached the firmly standing woman.

 

"Yes?" Ran snapped. Jian took a deep breath... before he sank to his knees.

 

"Forgive my son's foolishness!"

 

"Father..." Kris could only stare, stunned. He had never seen this side of his father, who always warned him that pride was the most valuable thing to a man.

 

"...I lost a grandson today," Ran's voice quavered. "This was not Yifan's fault directly, but... but..."

 

Kris's mother immediately took out a handkerchief from her purse and handed it to Dara’s mother, who began to sob in it.

 

"P- Please get up," Ran murmured through her tears to Kris's father. "We have both suffered a loss today."

 

"I can not," Jian's voice came out muffled. "I am too ashamed to look you in the eye, ."

 

"Dara would not have wanted to see you in this position, Mr. Wu," Ran urged. "Please, stand."

 

Jian slowly stood, still unable to look Dara's mother in the eye.

 

"What have you done, Yifan?"

 

Kris felt a chill run down his spine when he heard his mother's icy tone. There were few times that tone was used, so when he heard it, it definitely meant something frightening was about to happen.

 

"I..."

 

"No," Ran interrupted. "For now, let us go check on Dara. I need to... I need to hold my daughter."

 

She blew her nose into the handkerchief, and the three parents nodded before walking down the hall, leaving Kris.

 

He was alone.

 

***

 

One morning, the doctor had declared her ready to be released from the hospital. Kris had to beg, on his hands and knees, for the Parks to let him take her back to his home with her. His forehead was pressed against the cold hospital floor as he loudly pleaded with Dara's mother to allow Dara to return home with him.

 

Bom was particularly against it; she was so angry, Bominator had emerged. Apparently, this Bominator was very ‘loud’ in more different ways than one; she had a very clear, specific oath on torturing people in a very… gruesome way. Normally, she would attack Kris and he would parry, and it was a typical, almost comedic routine, but this time…

 

She was really trying to hurt him. The frustrated tears in her eyes were clearly accusatory.

 

Jiyong said nothing, simply sliding Kris a document demanding him to appear in court on a certain date, before he and Chaerin went into the hospital room to help Dara pack.

 

***

 

"H- Hey..."

                                                                                                                                                            

Dara looked up from her packing to see her rather abashed brother-in-law.

 

"Um... noona..."

 

Luhan let out a strangled sigh before handing Dara something. Dara's eyes widened in surprise.

 

Eh?

 

"It... It's just in case gege decides to be stupid again," Luhan muttered. "I... Sorry about him."

 

Dara smiled at him, touched. She didn't think she was ever going to have to pepper spray Kris, but Luhan was clearly ashamed of his own brother's actions. She brought the reluctant guy into a hug.

 

"O- Oi, I didn't do this to get your hug, I would rather have Bom noo-"

 

She teasingly ruffled his hair and smiled at the blushing male.

 

"...be careful, 'kay?" he finally mumbled. "I don't know who you're going home with, but... Ge Yifan isn't one to give up."

 

"Don't worry, Luhan," Jiyong spoke up. "We're going to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen again. Ever."

 

***

 

Kris refused to get off the ground. His parents had hesitated, but stated it might be best if Dara go back home with her parents and Bom, but Kris was adamant.

 

If she leaves… she'll never come back! They'll never let me see her! I'll die!

 

"Please!" he begged. "I beg of you! I will treat my wife extremely carefully! I swear it!"

 

Finally, one person spoke up on Kris' behalf, one that he never would have expected.

 

"Mr. and Mrs. Park…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter