#4

Unconditionally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]“Kris!”

 

“Hn?”

 

“Do you want to bake with me?”

 

“No.”

 

“Eh? It’s your day off and all you’re going to do is read the paper?” she pouted. “Come bake with me!”

 

“Never.”

 

“…you owe me from your birthday.”

 

“Ugh.”

 

***

 

“Okay, three cups of flour!”

 

“Here,” Kris grumpily held out a measuring cup filled to the brim with flour. Dara shook her head.

 

“No… Kris, you’re only supposed to fill it up to this line!”

 

She pointed to the line clearly marking ‘3 cups’.

 

“Oh..” he shrugged. “I can just pour it back, anyway.”

 

He began to carelessly pour it back into the flour bag. Until…

 

“ACHOOOO!!”

 

Dara’s eyes widened. When she turned to see him, there was a completely frozen, white Kris, flour dusted over him from head to toe.

 

“K-Kris..”

 

She couldn’t stop a laugh.

 

“Hahaha, Kris!” she giggled. “You look like Slenderman! Hahaha!”

 

“Well that’s your fault!” he snapped back. “You could have just taken the flour!”

 

“Now, Kris,” she retorted, putting her hands above her hips. “Don’t be getting cranky just because you didn’t know how to pour the flour back in properly.”

 

“Are you looking down on me?”

 

“Of course!”

 

“Well you do it then, if you’re so good!” he shoved the cup to her face.

 

“Fine I will!”

 

“Fine!”

 

Kris suddenly paused when he realized how childish he sounded. He cleared his throat gruffly as Dara slowly began to pour the flour into the bag. Until…

 

“A.. A… Achooo!”

 

Although less violent than Kris’ sneeze, she ended up blowing the flour all over herself as well. Kris couldn’t stop himself from laughing.

 

“Sadako!” he teased. She puffed out her cheeks furiously.

 

“Yah!”

 

Kris immediately ceased laughing when he was met with a faceful of flour. He choked and hacked out a cloud of white.

 

“Hey!” he roared angrily. She stuck out her tongue at him, a little line of pink compared to her entirely white face.

 

He felt some sort of strange frustration in him. Snatching the flour bag away from her, he grabbed handful and threw it to her as well. She squealed in anger, and grabbed the tray of eggs. His eyes widened.

 

“You wouldn’t.”

 

“Would to.”

 

“Would no- aaAHH!!”

 

She giggled and stuck her tongue out at him.

 

“Why you-!”

 

***

 

“In the end… I guess take-out’s good too!” Dara laughed nervously, observing the disastrous state of their kitchen.

 

“Well…” he sighed, shaking his head. “I still say we should get a maid.”

 

“No!” Dara protested. “Maids clean and cook and do laundry!”

 

“…well yes,” he said wryly. “That’s what they’re paid to do.”

 

“But I want to do all those things for you!” she huffed.

 

He blinked, and for some reason, he found his throat constricting.

 

What a stupid statement… but…

 

He stared at the woman before him, her eyes filled with a stubborn glare.

 

“I… I’m hungry,” he muttered. “We should order in since you blew up the kitchen.”

 

“Okay!” Dara smiled happily. “As long as we eat together!”

 

“…”

 

“Kris?”

 

“S-Stupid!” he shot back. “I’ll order Chinese!”

 

“Okay! I love Chi–I mean–I want to eat Chinese fried rice!”

 

“…”

 

“Uh.. I’m going to take a shower.”

 

“Okay,” he agreed. “Me too.”

 

He blinked at her rapidly reddening face and rolled his eyes.

 

“I meant in the guest room shower.”

 

“I knew that!”

 

“Why, Dara,” he couldn’t help but purr. “Is that disappointment I sense? Are you that eager to shower with your beloved husband?”

 

“Never!” she pushed through him and stomped off their room, trying to hide her pinky cheeks. He chuckled and suddenly realized what he was doing. He cleared his throat, forcing himself to stop.

 

He didn’t know why, but he was starting to actually feel… fond of Dara. And he was scared to death because of it.

 

The last time this happened… I almost…

 

He shook his head.  No. I have no such feelings for her. I am in this marriage for convenience. Right.

 

With that reassurance, he went to the guest room bathroom and began to shower.

 

***

 

“Thank you for the food!” Dara smiled happily and began to eat the rice bowls they had ordered in. He just continued to stare at her.

 

No way. It’s impossible.

 

“Kris? Aren’t you going to eat?”

 

He cleared his throat.

 

“Ah, yeah… by the way, aren’t you going to go on a diet, Chubby?” he teased as she froze mid-chomp. She creakily lowered the bowl…

 

C-C-CHUBBY?!

 

“You might want to lay off the rice bowls,” he grinned. A pair of nerve twitched on her forehead, fire beginning to sprout in Dara’s eyes.

 

“I’ll have you know-!” she began, but was interrupted by a loud knock. The two stared at each other, a challenging glint in both of their eyes, until Kris finally conceded.

 

“All right, I’ll get it.” Kris said sarcastically, and stood. Dara gazed after the walking Kris wondering who on earth was at the door.

 

“BROTHER IN LAW!!”

 

Dara’s eyes widened. That voice…

 

“Ugh. I’ll never understand how you’re an idol, Bom.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter