#11

Unconditionally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]"…you don't deserve her."

 

"You think I don't know that?" Kris muttered, suddenly feeling very tired. Now, he wasn't even sure he wanted to be back with Dara again; how could someone so kind and honest be with someone like him?

 

Kris knows that he has always been capable of being loved…

 

Without warning, Kai's fist slammed into Kris's cheek. He collapsed on the gravel ground of the parking lot, colorful lights flashing before his eyes.

 

"I meant to do that at the hospital, but I'm afraid I didn't want to cause a scene," Kai said calmly, as if he had just patted Kris on the shoulder. Kris shakily stood, carelessly brushing his hand against his cheek.

 

"That was nothing," Kris sneered. "Hit me again."

 

"Now, Ge-"

 

"Hit me again!" Kris screamed. "Do it, Kai!"

 

"I will not-"

 

"Please!" Kris clutched Kai's shirt collar. "Do it! Hit me, you bastard!"

 

"Stop this!" Kai yelled sharply. "You are being foolish!"

 

Kris began to laugh, a horrible, raw laugh tearing from his throat as tears began to form at the corners of his eyes. A sneer appeared on his face as he forcibly laughed at the pitying man.

 

"I bet you didn't know, did you?" he smirked. "I've fantasized about doing the same to your girlfriend. Hey, you think Minzy would be willing to warm my bed-?"

 

Before he could finish, Kai shoved him away and promptly punched the other cheek. Kris struggled to stand, but, panting for breath, continued to egg him on.

 

"Again!" Kris ordered.

 

"Stop this!"

 

"Is that really all you've got?" Kris shouted. "Come on, Jongin! I've been trying to do your girlfriend, and that's all you're going to-?"

 

"Enough!"

 

Kai promptly slammed Kris against a wall and kneed him firmly in the stomach. The taller man began to gasp for air, his raspy laughter still echoing out, but strangely starting to sound more like heaving sobs.

 

"Why are you writing your own death sentence?" Kai roared. "Why are you doing this to yourself, Kris Wu?!"

 

Kris's laughs eventually died out and he limply fell in Kai's arms. At first, Kai wondered if he would have to take Kris to the emergency room, until…

 

"Hey, Kai…?" Kris's voice finally emerged. He sounded lost, as if he wasn't sure where he was anymore.

 

"Hm?"

 

"…how am I supposed to forgive myself… if I'm not punished for it?" Kai clearly heard the brokenness in Kris's voice, and shook his head.

 

"You are being punished for it," Kai roughly pulled Kris to his feet. "Your wife is in there, being seduced by another man."

 

"…it's not enough," Kris said bitterly. "Dara nearly died. Our baby died. It's my turn now; I need someone to make me feel close to death."

 

"This isn't the answer, Gege," Kai shook his head. "Both of you are suffering, but only you are willing to keep this relationship alive. It's your turn to heal Dara. She said so, didn't she? That you have learned the feeling of being loved?"

 

"Maids cook and clean and do laundry! I want to do those for you!"

 

"I cut this steak for you already!"

 

"Please…say that you love me. You can…You can call me Chaerin while we're doing it."

 

Kris couldn't look Kai in the eye.

 

"Right now… Noona is learning that feeling from another man," Kai pointed out. "Is that what you really want?"

 

Kris didn't trust his voice to not break, and so he swiftly shook his head.

 

"You have to win your wife back, Ge," Kai shook his head. "Think about it."

 

With that, Kai smartly turned around, slid into his car, and smoothly drove off. Kris was grateful for Kai's disappearance.

 

He slid down the wall of the parking lot he was leaning against and, gazing up at the stars, finally allowed his tears to freely fall.

 

I'm sorry… I failed you, didn't I? I wish... I didn't cause so much trouble for you. Are you angry with me? I wouldn't blame you if you were. I... I'm...

 

For the first time since childhood, Kris broke down and began to sob.

 

Ace… please forgive your Appa.

 

***

 

Kris sat against the wall of the parking lot, until something suddenly occurred to him. He took out his phone slowly and began to dial.

 

"Hello?"

 

"It's me…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter