Bubble Pop Electric

Biophilia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When was the last time you properly went to a party?" Baekhyun was deep in Kyungsoo's closet, sifting through each rung of clothes, "Like an actual party where you were trying, not a little get together where jeans and a t-shirt were still appropriate."

 

"It's been a while ..." Soo answered, distracted by the drama Kai and himself were watching.

 

"What, freshman year?"

 

"Yes."

 

The blonde popped out of his closet, "You are not being ing serious right now with me. You haven't been to a party since the one I dragged you out to freshman year??"

 

"I told you Kyungsoo-ssi wasn't the party type," Kai commented at Baek, before being reabsorbed in the television screen.

 

"And even if I went to parties, the only reason for me to go would be if I was going with you ... you really think I just go party by myself on the weekends?" Soo was average, when was Baekhyun going to get that.

 

"I certainly go to plenty of events when you're not with me," The blonde didn't bother coming out this time, "We aren't joined at the hip Kyungsoo."

 

"You're the social one Baekhyun; honestly I don't know how Yeol even keeps up with you sometimes."

 

"Uggh," Baek finally left the closet and tossed himself on the bed, of course landing right next to, if not on top of, Kai, "He can barely keep up either ... you're both so similar ... you just want to be home or with friends, but were's the alcohol in that?"

 

"Or the weed?" Kai said nonchalantly.

 

"He's catching on faster than I could have ever imagined," the blonde petted Kai's chest, "Little parties are fun, but were's the thrill in those? Where's the risk of getting arrested?"

 

Soo's ears perked at the sound of thrill.

 

"Wait, things like drugs and alcohol actually happen at those parties?" he always thought that was just an urban legend.

 

"Of course they do," Baekhyun looked dreamily out of the window, but Soo was pretty sure this was just so he could keep his hand on the younger's chest, "what else would teenagers do at a party? Where else could you get so many narcotics so easily?"

 

"Nice use of vocabulary."

 

"Don't make fun of me Soo, I'm being very serious here."

 

"Well, how should I know, I'm not the one going to parties after-all."

 

"Your closet makes that painfully clear," the blonde finally removed his hand and leaned onto his elbows, blocking the other two's view of the television completely, "we need to fix this; Kris is rich you know, you want to leave a good impression on him and nothing does that better than the right outfit."

 

"Speaking of which, why haven't you been going to Kris's parties?"

 

"I have," he answered quickly, "apparently he didn't notice I was there."

 

Soo decided that this seemed like more of a sensitive topic with Baek than he had previously thought, so he steered the conversation away, "Fine, so what are you going to do about my clothes? And what about Kai? We can't forget that he'll need something as well."

 

"I've already began planning Kai's outfit, he's going to blow everyone away," the blonde smiled triumphantly, "but how will anyone take you seriously if you show up with a Chattel dressed ten times better than you."

 

"That didn't hurt my feelings at all."

 

"I don't think I could ever outshine Kyungsoo-ssi like that," Kai ran his fingers along Soo's shoulder.

 

"You two stop flirting," so they were flirting, "We need to go to the mall."

 

"Are you planning to pay?" Soo hated going to the mall on the weekends, it was always so insane.

 

"No, you are, and don't try to play that game where you tell me you don't have any money because I told your Umma to fill your card as much as possible and besides ‘Kai’, you haven't bought anything but groceries this month," he hated when Baekhyun was this thorough with trying to build him a strong, thriving social life. Also it wasn't entirely true, he'd bought Kai quite a few outfits, but he knew how much he had and he knew that he could afford to buy himself quite a bit at the mall.

 

He sighed, "One day Umma will stop liking you and you will lose all your power."

 

"Not true at all," Baek smiled, "your Umma and Appa adore me, I'm practically part of this family; that's why I knew I could tell her that and she'd do it and that's why I knew that if they found I picked your Chattel they wouldn't have any problem with it.”

 

The blonde was right …. when Soo called his parents to talk about Kai, they had immediately become pacified and even happy about this development as soon as Baek's name was thrown in the mix.

 

"If you're nervous because you're shy, I'm going to be buying something too, so it's not like you'll be alone in the dressing room," he might as well give up now, Baekhyun wasn't going to lose this round.

 

"And I'll be there with you Kyungsoo-ssi," Kai came in with those comforting words again, "I don't think anyone will mess with you if I'm there."

 

"No one messes with him in the first place, he just hates being in crowds," Baek responded.

 

"If that's the case, then I'll make sure everyone keeps a safe perimeter around you while we shop," the younger flashed that bright grin he did and Soo pulled himself off the bed because the war was won. The treaties signed, the POW's released; he was going to the mall with Baekhyun and Kai today.

 

He slipped on a pair of slim jeans and a black sweat-shirt because he didn't feel like getting dressed up and he couldn't help but laugh when he saw that Kai was wearing the exact same thing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter