Do You Love Me?

Biophilia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm not going to be pleasant," Kai looked off through the window while Soo drove, "I'm going to throw a massive fit, lunge at his neck, and launch a full assault."

 

"It's just a date Kai ... it doesn't mean anything," the older had been trying to calm him down for over an hour now, which so far had been to no avail.

 

"It does mean something to me ... your honor means something to me."

 

"I think we're well beyond my honor Kai ..."

 

"What happened that night doesn't count ... we got to have a bit of one another, that was all, but the honor of your heart should be mine and mine alone."

 

"And it is your’s ... this date is just a technicality."

 

"Why aren't you as upset as I am?"

 

"Because I see why this is important," Soo knew he'd need to work harder to get Kai not to freak out, especially now that they were almost to the place, "It will keep suspicion off my feelings for you ... which I can barely hide and you know that."

 

"You're my Princess and I'm your Noble Knight ... it doesn't matter what you can't hide, your honor is still mine to take care of."

 

"You're a bit more like Aladdin."

 

"Low blow, which you're good at because you're so close to the ground."

 

He playfully glared at Kai before seeing the little restaurant in the corner of his mirror.

 

"Just think about it like a double date ... you and I and Kris and Tao ... and Kris just happens to be overly flirty."

 

"If that was the case, the movies call for me to punch him in the face for this type of behavior."

 

"Kris is bigger than you ... are you sure that's a chance you want to take?"

 

"If it means defending your honor, so be it."

 

"Your chivalry is effective good sir," the older bowed his head, "I promise my vow to you."

 

"You promise a vow? You realize that's redundant, right?" Kai poked his arm playfully, but his eyes still seemed sullen.

 

"If you smart aleck to me again, I might just flirt back."

 

Kai slapped his shoulder, "If you do that I swear I will fight him Soo ... I mean it."

 

The older pulled into the parking spot near the front and turned the car off, but didn't immediately proceed out. He needed some time to think and figure out a last ditch attempt to pacify Kai because he really didn't want to see anything happen here.

 

The younger was probably joking ... the problem was 'probably' was far too big a risk than what Kyungsoo wanted to take. Kai probably wouldn't hit Kris ... Kris probably wouldn't split the Chattel in two ... Soo probably wouldn't get discovered.

 

It was not in his nature to trust life to 'probably' because it was just a big a chance as gambling without the added bonus of thrill to the pot. Probably Tao was there ... probably was way too close to definitely in his opinion, especially when he was bringing Kai into the mix.

 

He'd noticed it before, the way the younger looked at the other men in Soo’s life, the way he would glare when Sehun would get too close or Chanyeol would exchange a knowing glance with the older.

 

It made Soo feel really good, but it also reminded him that there was a rage boiling deep down in Kai that threatened to explode and Kyungsoo had to be careful of it. He didn't like being the trigger holder -- having his thumb on the big red button made him really nervous -- but he realized that his actions would directly impact what happened with Kai.

 

Maybe that's what helped make the younger so damned intriguing ... he was laced with darker undertones that threatened to rise dramatically. His being was thrilling and Soo fed from everything about him as did his feelings and his desire for companionship.

 

It was really funny in his opinion that Kai seemed so threatened by the other men in Kyungsoo's life because before the younger came, he'd always seen himself as a bit undesirable. It wasn't a lack of confidence, but rather an assurance with himself that his friends were just that, friends.

 

But now he looked at them differently and he wasn't sure how good of an idea this was; he didn't want to delude his sense of self with a false pride stemming from his suspicions of those around him. And yet there was something about a third party source finding it so suspicious that peaked his interests in at least the idea.

 

Kai had changed so many things in Soo's life in such a tiny span of time and honestly, he had a bit of trouble taking it all in at a steady pace. He loved it though ... he loved everything the younger gave, he just wasn't adjusting quite fast enough.

 

"Promise me you won't do anything," Soo finally whispered, still traveling through the realm of his thoughts.

 

"I won't do anything if he won't provoke me," Kai responded, scowling at the restaurant they were sitting in front of. Soo looked forward to check if he could spot Kris and Tao, but the two they were meeting clearly weren't there yet. He thanked what ever higher being had heard his wish and started to organize his next move in his head now that they had a bit of privacy.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter