Pretty

Biophilia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo didn't want to make a scene, but he knew he was doing exactly that as Kai held the umbrella up over him. He had told the Chattel that this precaution wasn't necessary -- it wasn't like this was his first time at a pool -- but Kai insisted that they take the utmost care of Soo's precious epidermis.

 

Suho was laughing at him from his place splashing around in the water and Baekhyun was cooing from far away, but ... he couldn't reject his Chattel's care, no matter how much he disagreed.

 

Chanyeol swam over, "At least take off your shirt Kyungsoo ... a burn is better than looking like an idiot."

 

"Hahaha live for this skin honey, live for all of this," the older clutched at his mid-center because if he had to hide under an umbrella he was going to do it properly, "my skin will be beautiful and shiny from my idiocy while you and Baekhyun are going to glow like crabs after this."

 

The blonde cackled from where he was back-paddling in the shallow area, "The only one of us here who even slightly burns is you ... the rest of us actually tan, like normal people."

 

Soo glanced over at Kai, who like, everyone else, was shirtless and gazed over his beautiful, naturally tanned skin. Why was everything making him think of the younger lately?

 

"Suho you're my friend ... defend me from that thing," the older grabbed his sunglasses and put them back on.

 

"I'm sorry Soo ... I don't understand why in a million years you'd choose not to swim in the pool with us."

 

"I never swim in the pool with you, this isn't a new phenomenon."

 

"Yes but you've never acted like being out with us was such a big issue either," Baekhyun rested his arms and chin against the hot cement to look at Kai and Soo, "At least let Kai swim with us."

 

"I'm fine here Baekhyun-ssi, he needs my assistance."

 

The little blonde began swiping his arms in a comic fashion at Kai's ankles even though he wasn't even close to hitting them, "Noooooo, come get in the water," Baek winked, "I want you to swim with me."

 

Kyungsoo tisked at his friend who was trying so hard, "Kai knows he can swim if he likes, but like me he's reasonable and thinks it's unnatural to swim in a giant fake, chlorinated pond."

 

That excuse sounded a lot better in his head.

 

Chanyeol came up behind Baek and planted a kiss on his ear, his go to move when he wanted to establish a line of authoritative succession, "Just this once Soo ... swim with us and have some fun ... Sehun is going to get here soon-,"

 

"Ha! And Sehun will come sit over here with us because he doesn't want vitamin D to screw up his system either."

 

"No, Sehun is coming and he's threatening to not wear anything if you won't join us in the water."

 

Kai glared down at Soo's thigh and the older started to actually feel pressure about deciding to stick to his routine, "Sehun wouldn't dare, you'd kill him for defiling your pool like that."

 

"He defiled Luhan in this pool like that just a little while ago."

 

"What?" Kai choked on air and stole the words right from Kyungsoo's mouth.

 

"We were having a swim day a month or so ago when you first brought Kai home and he invited Luhan over and they started getting frisky so we decided to leave the water," Baekhyun went back to the embrace of cold, aqua-colored pool.

 

"Soo ... that er and his toy 'came' in my pool ... his threat seems genuine this time and I don't think I can stop him," Chanyeol was doing his best impression of a pout that he could make while still lacking any kind of lip fullness, "he's a madman."

 

"That will be your problem then ... I don't see how this affects me negatively in anyway," in reality the older was hoping this was all just banter because he knew it would upset Kai to have Sehun like this.

 

"At least put away the umbrella Kyungsoo-ssi," Suho was now swimming over to their little gathering, "erts are only reasonable if you will be as well."

 

The older sent a soft look over at Kai and the younger knew he'd lost with his fight to keep Soo safe from the sun's cruel rays. He closed it slowly and sat it on the ground and now they could feel the full beat of the sun against themselves.

 

Was today to be the day he gave up and got into the pool after-all?

 

"We should have Suho try talking sense to you more often," The blonde was now swimming away from them with Yeol on his tail, "you like him enough to listen."

 

Soo giggled knowing that Kai was probably baring his teeth at this point of the conversation, being so adorably possessive as he had been lately. Other men may have made it awkward, but Kai was possessive in a loving way; the older knew that the younger would never threaten violence against him and probably (here was that slippery word again) wouldn't try to fight the people he got so angered by in their friend group.

 

"You really can get in the water if you like," Kyungsoo was now focusing back on the younger while everyone dispersed to do their own things, "I don't want to hold you back."

 

"The only way I'll get in there is if you're in there with me."

 

"It's not like I'm going to run away as soon as you dive in Kai."

 

"I know but I don't want any pirates snatching you away."

 

"Yes, booty pirates are always something to watch out for," Sehun popped up behind them, both giving them a scare for their lives.

 

"WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING BACK THERE??" Kyungsoo was seconds away from slapping his friend right in the face.

 

"I've been here for a few minutes now ... I was able to catch that very hurtful conversation you had about me and Lulu in the pool," the pale one stood up and made his way over to the water, his clothes still on, "but I must confess, all of it is true ... I did get to try some nice pool play and I am about to jump in this water fully unless I see you slipping in in like the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter