Alien

Biophilia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's beautiful out here," Kai said quietly, examining the glimmering city from the balcony, "It's so different from seeing it in person."

 

"I know," Soo responded, but kept his eyes on the lights, "I come out here all the time just to watch."

 

"And your parents don't mind?"

 

"Why would they?"

 

"I imagine that they might like this view as well," Kai closed his eyes, "it's romantic."

 

"My parent's aren't really ever here to take advantage of this," Kyungsoo wasn't bitter about this, but he could tell a little seething was slipping into his words, "and when they are they're certainly not hanging out with me on this balcony ... I'm not even sure they know this is here."

 

"That must be nice."

 

"What?"

 

"Having a house so big that you don't even know all the rooms in it."

 

"Well it's that and the fact that he's always away campaigning or on publicity events."

 

"Oh?"

 

"Chanyeol didn't tell you?"

 

"Even when I was under his supervision he didn't like to talk to me ... he talked to a few others, but he seemed to have a special hatred for me."

 

"I doubt he hated you."

 

"Hated isn't the right word ... umm ... he just didn't like me, but I think it's cause the little one would come all the time to come look at me."

 

"You can call Baekhyun by his name."

 

"I know, but I'm used to calling him the little one ..."

 

"He came often?"

 

"All the time, he'd come to my room and sit behind the glass and study me ... honestly, I thought he was going to be my owner and I was okay with it until I heard him interact with Chanyeol and realized how obnoxious he was. When it was just him and I, we would just watch one another ... he's beautiful in an odd way when he's quiet," Kai swayed his head with the wind and a smile crept on his face.

 

Kyungsoo huffed, getting annoyed that just the thought of his friend was finding a way to invade this little moment between the two of them, and he crossed his arms over his chest.

 

"I think you're beautiful all the time though," Kai continued, "if you don't mind me saying so."

 

Soo blushed, "Of course I don't ... but you don't need to flatter me."

 

"I know I don't ... I choose too."

 

Lately there'd been a little tension between the younger and himself even though he'd been doing his best to ignore it. But it was always present, whether it be when Kai grimaced while Kyungsoo talked to Sehun or how Soo glared when Kai and Baek interacted, and it was always obvious.

 

Even Yeol had caught onto it, but when confronting Kyungsoo about it the tall one had focused mostly on keeping Kai satisfied so that Baekhyun wouldn't get any ideas.

 

It was awkward and very funny to Soo -- after-all, wasn't he supposed to be the owner being kept satisfied -- but he listened to amuse his friend and try to calm his nerves. He hadn't admitted that Kai and himself hadn't done anything yet.

 

He had a reason for keeping things somewhat chaste and it was because he needed to respect Kai's dignity. If Soo made the first move, no matter how much they both enjoyed it, it could never be consensual because it was an order.

 

The only way they'd ever do anything was if Kai chose too and Kyungsoo went along with it; at least in this scenario he was giving control over to the younger. It felt more mutual ... like they were sharing something rather than taking.

 

And thus the tension continued because Soo found himself craving the thought of Kai making a move every minute they were around each other and they were with one another always.

 

"Don't be so quiet Kyungsoo ... it was just a compliment," Kai turned and looked over at the shorter.

 

"I know ... I just love being out here thinking ... it helps me sift through my thoughts easier," Kyungsoo gave him a soft look.

 

"What are you thinking about?"

 

"What do all teenagers think about?"

 

"Well I hope your thoughts star someone who isn't as slimy as Sehun."

 

"Why would they star Sehun at all?"

 

"Because he's cute and rude and he's every cliche archetype a high school romance should be," he plopped himself down on a chair next to the older.

 

"I'm more curious about where you've learned these cliche archetypes," Soo loved having him so close.

 

"Just because I'm a Chattel, doesn't mean I wasn't awarded the basic right to entertainment," Kai looked happy as he dwelled on this, "the house I was in as a kid had a plethora of old movies ... you'd be surprised at how many are just about teen romance."

 

"So you think Sehun is the perfect teen archetype? At least tell me which movie you're basing that assumption off of."

 

He made a sour face, "He reminds me of James Deen ... who wouldn't want to be with James Deen?"

 

"You could be James Deen too yanno."

 

"Deen was a delinquent ... I'm a sl-servant."

 

"You're a delinquent to me."

 

"Thanks, my owner thinks I'm a problem child."

 

"I've told you that you don't have to think of me that way," Soo moaned, "I don't want us to have that type of relationship ... Just ..."

 

"It's easiest to not think about it when I ig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter