Bloom

Biophilia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The taxi ride home had been silent, with Kyungsoo trying to steady his pulse and breathing and Kai angrily glaring out of the window at the dazzling lights that shone in the Seoul night.

 

His only comfort was the fact that the younger had his hand wrapped around Soo's wrist, a brief contact that was able to ease his fears a little.

 

He was happy to see that the house was empty -- his parents had planned on going to visit a cousin briefly over the weekend -- so they wouldn't be asking how things went. Baekhyun wouldn't tell them about this and that was assuming that his friend even knew about what went down.

 

Kai barged in as soon as he could, pulling Soo with him, and the older didn't resist any of this. It was only a few minutes later when they'd gotten to his room that the younger let him go in peace.

 

Neither turned the light on fully and for a moment, Kyungsoo thought that he could have the privacy of the dark to express his rage and sadness at what had happened, but Kai had walked over and turned a lamp on near the bed that exposed the room to brightness.

 

This felt overwhelming to the older. It was strange, but he felt like the light was going to reveal his insides ... would expose the emotions he was so delicately trying to bottle up. As if it would all spill out if the younger could see him in this state.

 

Everything felt wrong right now so being in darkness would be better; he could hide behind shadows, but the illumination from the lamp kept that from possibility. Soo couldn't convince himself to turn it off though ... he didn't want to change anything that Kai had set in place right now, not when he was on such thin ice.

 

Soo really wasn't sure what to expect, hell he didn't even know if he was in trouble or not, but no matter what he knew he probably deserved it. He'd let Kris attack him, kiss him, take control, and he knew he could have said no or maybe stop.

 

He hated himself for not being able to speak up and defend his interests ever; he hated that he'd ever even gotten involved with Kris. From the moment they'd met he could tell there was something about the giant that he just didn't like very much.

 

Maybe it was his attitude, a rebellious snobbishness that was absolutely annoying, or maybe it was the sureness he had in everything he did.

 

He tried to justify his respect towards to Yifan due to the other's charm, but even that was hard to do. Kris could be suave, but he was klutzy when it came to timing and he always seemed to mess up when it came to taking things slow.

 

Nothing could just be enough for Yifan, there wasn't a stopping point and that's how Soo got high off his the first time he'd hung out with the giant and that's how he'd gotten assailed at the bar this evening.

 

It was difficult to admit, but he knew the real answer to his submission with someone he disliked so much was panic ... fear was just so powerful and now look what fear had done, it'd caused Kai to get this angry.

 

The younger was slamming around in the closet and the older could only hope that he wasn't making a mess that would have to cleaned up later. But if he was, Soo accepted the task … It was the least he could do given what had happened.

 

Kyungsoo slid his boots off and undid the bandana, kicking his legs around till Kai came back out, his jeans still on, but everything else gone. He ran his hands through his hair and looked around the room till his eyes fell on Soo, who was still in the outfit he'd been wearing all night.

 

The older tried not to make it obvious, but he couldn't help but admire Kai's body that was now exposed. His eyes gave a quick sweep, taking in the perfectly sculpted abs and biceps, before he returned to his sulking.

 

Then the Chattel started to approach, his face still unclear, and Soo could only wonder what was going to happen next.

 

He could feel one of the younger's hands finally reach his thigh before settling on his hip and the other approached his face.

 

Soo closed his eyes and felt light hearted joy when he realized that Kai's other hand had just knocked off the hat he was wearing. He looked up to see a small smile on the Chattel's face and all his worry vanished when they finally made eye-contact.

 

"I'm so sorry babe," his tone was low and his hand dropped down to the sore spot that Kris had chosen before, "I should have realized what was happening and protected you."

 

Soo turned his head just a little and planted a kiss on Kai's upper wrist, "I asked you not to react when Kris did things to me, you were only following a request I'd given ...I'm not upset with you."

 

"Yes, but then I broke your rules when I hit him," the younger lost contact and looked down, shame conflicting his features, "either way I'm guilty of something tonight."

 

The older didn't know what to do, so he gave another kiss, this time moving his lips up to a higher spot on Kai's arm, "You saved me from Kris going further and you got to protect my honor after-all, I don't think that makes you guilty of anything other than being the Noble Knight you always say you are."

 

Kai laughed a little, but returned with his caring gaze that he'd had before, "You're mine ... him touching you like that made me ill, because I - I can't handle an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter