All Is Full Of Love

Biophilia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After it was said and done, he had this delusion that things wouldn't change after that night and each of them would go back into his respective worlds and all would be right again, but of course nothing was actually working that way.

 

But change was a-coming and the change he was being forced to face wasn’t the happy, sunny he thought it might be.

 

Their morning after was positively amazing and he got to cuddle with Kai and Baekhyun all afternoon until Baek had to leave and meet Yeol at the bus stop. And that's when things started to change.

 

With the blonde's departure, suddenly the issue of what was happening between Kai and Kyungsoo became a much more pressing matter. It had only been a few hours before that the younger couldn't stop calling him ‘babe,’ making passes, and seemingly wanting to devour his entire being.

 

Now the Chattel was struggling to even look him in the eyes.

 

It had gone on like this a few days; at first he thought it might have been decompression, but by the time Monday rolled around with school and Kai was normal around all of their friends, he realized that there was something more serious going on.

 

So here he was, sitting quietly in his room, working on sewing together this rough design of an outfit he wasn't sure the younger would wear anymore. He liked to create when things got stressful -- he'd completed stitching together the patches yesterday -- and also he just really wanted to finish this.

 

There wasn't any time lately to sneak off to the balcony, not when he was busy moping around about Kai, and so he found himself finishing up final details while he was at school and putting them down in fabric and leather all while he'd gotten home.

 

It'd been days since Kai had slept in the same bed with him; the last time they'd laid down, just the two of them, together, was last friday. Since, the younger had been sleeping on the couch downstairs.

 

He wondered what he did wrong?

 

Everything was coming together so swimmingly in his head and that night ... that night was ing fantastic, so what part of it could set off this giant rift?

 

He needed Kai back and while knowing the younger was in the same house as him gave him comfort, he needed Kai by his side again. He needed the younger who liked to or listen to him or treat him like he was special just for being himself.

 

The needle accidentally stabbed him and he hissed while checking the new wound he'd just made and the tiny bit of blood escaping it. If Kai were with him he wondered what the younger might do to make things better.

 

There were tissues in the bedside table and he grabbed one to wipe up blood before getting back to work. Certainly it hurt, but he needed to keep going because focus helped make things faster.

 

It was another hour till he finished the pureed little designs and he took a moment to examine his work; the details were tiny, but he wanted something where every stitch would count. It'd gone through so many different drafts in his mind, but this was because he needed to form something completely unique for the younger. He wanted something that could only be Kai's, something that would reflect his personality and the attitude he projected.

 

Soo walked away from his project and over to the bathroom so he could properly clean his little stab and bandage it.

 

The loud sound of creaking double doors rang through the otherwise silent house and he went to go look for the perpetrator. Last he'd checked, Kai was downstairs on the couch, sifting through one of the books that sat on the decorative shelf out there.

 

He was surprised to find that the younger not only was able to sneak up the stairs quietly, but he was able to pass the room without Soo ever noticing.

 

Then again, Kai's quiet had stumped him before so maybe he shouldn't have been so surprised about how good the younger was at this.

 

After finishing up with his little cut, he left the project and headed towards his favorite place in the house to check on what was happening.

 

And then there he was, standing on the balcony, the doors open and the curtains billowing in the wind while he stared over the city as if he ruled it.

 

It wasn't nearly as beautiful during the day as it was at night; it lacked both the lights and the sound that made that time so unique, but it was still a marvelous sight to behold. At the very least, the balcony itself was so beautiful that it compensated for any shortcomings Seoul's skyline might miss.

 

He could see Kai writing something, getting frustrated, and starting again.

 

So the younger had actually been trying to write him something.

 

Soo couldn't keep avoiding anymore, he had to confront the issues in front of them because he needed Kai around as much as possible. He didn't care that he'd have to swallow his nerves or that things might not go perfectly, but staying away was no longer possible.

 

"I usually never come out here before the sun sets," Kyungsoo stood at the door.

 

"Why?" Kai didn't look up, still writing and getting frustrated, "The cities even more beautiful in the light ... the light gives you a chance to appreciate the architecture."

 

"I guess I'm just not the type of person who can enjoy looking at the scenery like that," he travelled next to where Kai stood, "I'm spoiled you know? I'm so used to beautiful buildings that being told to appreciate them is hard for me."

 

"If you're spoiled, you do well of hiding it," the younger glanced at him for a moment before returning to his work, "I think most people would write off the design of some of these skyscrapers, but I find them so fascinating."

 

"You're always so unique," Soo said it quietly, taking Kai's advice to gaze at the buildings in front of him.

 

"We're both different," finally the younger looked up and smiled, "we've known that since day number one."

 

"Kai ... If I've done anything ... said something ... I- I'm sorry."

 

"You didn't do anything wrong,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter