Not The One

Biophilia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun had done a lot better in the outfit department than Kyungsoo could have ever imagined and he adored what the blonde had done with Kai. He was in a pair of boot-cut denim with torn out knees, paired with worn leather boots that jangled everytime he stepped.

 

Kai looked like a y cowboy and something about the outfit felt aged and beautiful, as if he'd always had that description set to him. His dark skin beautifully complimented the clothes and added to the aura the younger had right now.

 

It was so base and so perfect, Kai looked like he belonged on a ranch somewhere, chewing on the tip of a straw and staring off into the great horizon.

 

The place itself was not nearly as authentic or as amazing; it was certainly rustic, but something about it was off. Maybe it was the big plasma t.v.'s displaying sports games or maybe it was the piping that was was in plain sight above them.

 

Soo continued his look around the place and noticed some more of it trying to be something it so obviously wasn't; the concrete floor was drizzled with hay and all the tables where wooden and park like, with benches instead of chairs and a stage near the center back for a performer, probably singing songs in english no one would understand.

 

So if he didn't enjoy the sports playing on each channel, or the alcohol, he could always listen to someone probably stumble through an unfamiliar song on stage.

 

He heard Baekhyun squeak, which made him spin around in response, and saw Sehun surprise tickling him from behind.

 

"That's for attacking Luhan like you did earlier," Sehun finally stopped and turned to face the quartet who so far had stayed together.

 

The blonde glared at him, "I didn't attack him ... he was just spilling juices everywhere and I was encouraging him to clean it up."

 

"Very funny," Sehun glared at him, "you really hurt his feelings, he already thinks you all hate him."

 

"We do," Baek commented back.

 

"You don't hate him do you Soo?" the pale friend sent him a pleading look, and he felt bad that he needed to be honest.

 

"Well ... okay Sehun no freaking out because I'm trying to be honest with you-,"

 

Chanyeol whispered, "Here we go," into the blonde's hair but everyone could hear it.

 

"I - I just don't think he's a very good influence," the older was trying to phrase this as kindly as possible, "he'd older than you are and when he decides to loosely allow people to pass him around you replicate this manner of behavior."

 

"He's trying to say that he hates Luhan too," Baekhyun quickly followed his statement train, wanting to add more sting to Sehun's already wounded pride.

 

"Fine, you can all hate him as much as you like, but at least treat him decently when he's with me," Sehun took a pause, making that funny face he did when he was contemplating what to say, "I really care about him and I hate when you make him feel bad about himself."

 

Baek and Soo's eyes swept the ground as the feeling of guilt washed over them; neither of them had ever been very nice when it came to the doe-eyed boy. In all fairness, Kyungsoo was better at hiding his disdain, but his best friend wasn't and he freely aired his hatred for Luhan when he came around.

 

"Sehun-ssi," Kai spoke up from behind Soo, "Kyungsoo-ssi is sorry for offending your feelings, I'm sure he will behave more appropriately in the future."

 

"At least someone here cares about my feelings," their pale friend looked weary before suddenly slapping the older on the chest, "Yah! Don't look so down about things, this is still a party and it's not you I'm mad at."

 

"So what exactly is there to do here?" Chanyeol looked around the place.

 

"Besides boys and alcohol? I think there's a pool table in the back and there's sports on the wall ... when Lu gets here I'm probably going to go sit with him and watch one of the futball games that's been playing, you can come sit with us."

 

"I think we'd rather play pool," Baekhyun smiled at all of them before dragging Yeol off with him in the direction of the back, "but thank you for the offer."

 

Sehun gave him one last dirty look before letting them go and turning back to the couple that was left.

 

"And what are you two planning on doing?"

 

"Us?" Kyungsoo hadn't expected to split from his friends, so right now he was trying to refigure things out, "I don't know yet."

 

"Try the bar, apparently this place has amazing beer."

 

"Because it seems like I drink beer," Soo mocked his tone of voice.

 

"You could try ... it might loosen you up ... you look like you're terrified to be here," Sehun was trying to make a joke, so it was sad that he was almost spot on. Soo was frightened to be here, but it was because he knew who he'd have to deal with.

 

"I think we'll figure it out," the younger replied and took Kyungsoo by the hand to drag him away, "have fun with Luhan-ssi, try not to breed on the table."

 

He half thought his friend was going to get sensitive to that joke, but he could hear Sehun doubling over with laughter and he found himself smiling knowing that Kai could be so clever.

 

"And to think Sehun hated you when you two first met," the older whispered to him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter