Disparate Youth

Biophilia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai took them the long way, trailing the edge of the trees so that they'd gone around the entire Country Club before emerging back at the front of the parking lot. They did their best not to draw attention to themselves before finding Kyungsoo's car and zooming out of there as quickly as possible.

 

Two police cars rushed by with their sirens on as the couple drove away from the place and he  realized that Tao had probably just been found. Someone was bound to have heard all the bawling and yelling from their court and gotten suspicious.

 

Kyungsoo finally pulled into his driveway and he and Kai rushed inside, both longing for the solace of home after all that had went down. Today was worse than any nightmare could have been ... he'd never, ever thought he'd be witness to something so horrific.

 

His bones were still practically rattling and he locked the door a few times as soon as they made it inside.

 

The pair continued their retreat further into the house until they found Baekhyun sitting cross-legged on the couch, his eyes glued to the television. He didn't expect to see Sehun and Luhan sitting on the couch with him.

 

The trio looked up to see them and they all seemed shocked, their eyes sliding between the glowing screen in front of them and the two who had just arrived.

 

At first he thought this might be a joke, but he looked at the television that was playing the afternoon newscast and recognized his own picture on the screen.

 

"I am reporting from a murder-scene here at Yeoksam Country Club," the reporter was standing outside in front of the immaculate doors, "Wu Yifan, a Chinese immigrant, was just killed here for unknown reasons. One of the suspects was found at the murder scene, two more are still on the loose. If you see these people, please report it authorities as soon as possible for questioning as they are currently considered armed-and-dangerous."

 

The images they had of Soo and Kai were a bit grainy and it was clear that it was from the Country Club's security camera feed.

 

"If they have camera feed then they can easily see who committed the murder," Kyungsoo spat out.

 

"Yeoksam doesn't keep camera's on their sporting areas, for member's privacy ..." Baekhyun responded quietly, "but CCTV is going to have you on film driving away and coming here."

 

Kyungsoo swallowed hard because he realized what his friend said was far too true for his liking right now. If the police took the reasonable next step ... they'd be knocking down his door in the next hour or so.

 

He couldn't give up yet, not after what happened; Tao had given them a second chance at being together, he couldn't just squander it now that he was being accused of a different crime.

 

Soo had a tiny bit of time now to figure something out that was spared to him by police procedure. There was also the possibility of Tao clearing them of the crime through a confession, but that was too shaky to try and depend on.

 

No, the Chattel may have saved them, but he'd also forced their hand and they had no choice but to act now or forever hold their peace.

 

"Kyungsoo ... please tell me you didn't do it," Sehun finally asked.

 

If this was going to work -- and it was going to work because it had to work, fate had offered them too many favors to suddenly give them the cold-shoulder -- he was going to have to start talking now and he was going to have to start talking fast.

 

"We were at the Tennis Court and Kris beat up Tao and Kai and then Kai beat up Kris," the older took a breath, "and then Kris threatened me and Tao stabbed him to death."

 

He started trembling thinking back to the horribleness of the situation they'd just escaped. Kai's arms found their way around him, but this only seemed to ignite more memories because Kyungsoo's shaking got worse. At least he was more comfortable though.

 

"Tao stabbed him? Why?" Luhan questioned; why did it seem like everyone wanted to say something right now? He didn't want to talk, he wanted to act, and yet here he was, stuck.

 

"I don't know Luhan ... when we got there he was being rude to Tao and then Tao hit me with the tennis ball and Kris freaked out ... he started beating Tao really brutally and Kai stopped him which made them fight."

 

"Oh," Luhan's lips made a dramatic 'O' and Soo could tell there was something that was just beginning to dawn on him.

 

"You said something about this the other day didn't you Lu?" the doe-eyed boy's boyfriend rubbed his arm and tried to comfort him, but Luhan shrunk away.

 

"Kris said that Tao was being disrespectful recently ... he said that Tao had been taunting you behind your back and saying that you liked someone else more ... Kris is really aggressive about what he considers his, he didn't like thinking about things like this."

 

"I'm not Kris's."

 

"Weren't" Jongin's tone was cold.

 

"Look, I know Kris was sleeping around a lot and I know that he was being really pushy, but he was only that way because he thought you were his and he thought that that was just the way things went ... Yifan is not a faithful man, but he thought you were over it."

 

"He tried assaulting me in a bar."

 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter