Lollipop

Biophilia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I didn't invite you to breakfast," Kyungsoo said groggily as he opened the door for Baekhyun, "some of us sleep on the weekends."

 

"I'll sleep when I'm dead," the blonde said, pushing past his friend, "Is Kai up?"

 

"Seriously Baek ... you came here to see Kai?"

 

"No ... of course not I came to hang out with my best friend ... Kai just happens to live here as well," Baek turned around to see Kai appear at the top of the stairs, "Oh ... Hi KAI!"

 

Kai looked like he was going to fall down the stairs when he heard Baekhyun's yell as he barely made the first step when he was disturbed.

 

"Hello Baekhyun-ssi," he called from the top, slowly making his way down, "it's wonderful to see you so early in the morning."

 

Clearly that was sarcastic, which made Soo snicker a little, but his best friend didn't seem to get the hint.

 

"It's wonderful to see you too Kai," Baek was practically drooling when he saw that the younger was wearing sweatpants and a tight undershirt.

 

"Close your mouth, your tongue is going to flop out."

 

"Soo," he whined, "why didn't I just screw you over and keep him for myself?"

 

"Because Chanyeol would never let you have two," he mumbled and walked into the kitchen.

 

"Losing Suho would be worth it though," he started following as soon as Kai got closer.

 

"You take that back! Yahh! Take it back now!" Kyungsoo came out wielding an angry ladle.

 

"Take what back?" Baekhyun asked innocently, clenching Kai's arm as if there were a real threat, "I don't think I said anything wrong Soo."

 

He forgot how crafty the blonde could be with getting his way; he'd turned Kyungsoo getting angry with him -- and rightfully so, Suho is really fantastic -- into an opportunity to feel Kai's arms.

 

He wished he was nearly this creative, but no, instead he just found himself sneaking peeks while Kai was asleep in his bed. The worst part of all of this was that Kyungsoo should really have had the upper hand here, but he just didn't have the same skill that Baek had with seduction.

 

All he could do was narrow his eyes and move on, "What do you want for breakfast this morning?"

 

"Shouldn't Kai be cooking for us?" Baek responded while still holding onto the other.

 

"He doesn't know how to yet an-,"

 

"This is a perfect opportunity to teach me," Kai said brightly, launching himself into the kitchen and away from the blonde, "If I don't learn now, I may miss the skill forever."

 

"I don't mind helping too."

 

"You? In the kitchen? Cooking real food and not desserts? Now you're pushing it Baekhyun," Soo followed behind the younger and opened up the silver refrigerator, "If you feel so strongly about helping you can set the table."

 

"Could Kai help me?"

 

Kai looked over from his place getting random things out of the pantry, "Im sorry Baekhyun-ssi, I'm busy, but I will sit by you."

 

This was enough for the blonde who went off about his business and slung himself over the chair at the head of the table. At least Kai had thought fast enough to settle that business, but his current job of getting everything out of the pantry was helping no one.

 

"Kai ..." he tried to call quietly, but he could see Baek perk up a little, "You only needed to get out the pancake batter, the canola oil, and the syrup ... the rest can go back in."

 

"Yes, I 'only' should have gotten out those three super specific things," he laughed to himself while he put everything else back, "you didn't tell me we were having guests over in the morning."

 

"I wasn't exactly ready for it either."

 

"Wait, you didn't know?"

 

"No, he just showed up today at the door and demanded entrance."

 

"He didn't wake up your parents?"

 

"My parents? Did you not realize they aren't here right now?"

 

Kai got embarrassed, "I just kind of thought this house was big enough that I hadn't seen them yet."

 

"They'll be gone through most of this month and maybe some of next ... they had business."

 

"They work together?"

 

"No, but Appa is on a campaign tour and Umma just follows him anywhere he goes I guess ... you'd be surprised at how often they aren't here," Kyungsoo pulled a glass bowl out of the cabinet over the sink and brought it over to where Kai was standing, "Now, do you know how to crack an egg?"

 

"Like split it open?"

 

"No, I mean like break it, but in a way that none of the shell will get in."

 

He pouted, "I've never had a reason to do that."

 

"Don't look so sad, you can mix the pancake batter and the milk," he went over to the refrigerator and pulled out the white jug, "just follow the instructions."

 

"What instructions?" the younger said, clearly stressed.

 

He pointed to a little sheet he'd laid out as soon as they starte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter