Sweet Dreams

Biophilia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You promise you're comfortable right?" Kai was standing across from him while Soo started his bedtime ritual of folding the comforter down to the bottom of the bed, "because if your not, I really don't mind the floor."

 

"That's outrageous, I'd never make you do something so debasing," Kyungsoo got it all the way to the foot of the bed and continued next to fluffing the pillows, "I promise I'm alright Kai, you don't need to worry about me."

 

"I know you're not sleeping enough though and I don't want you to get in trouble during class," Kai mirrored him and fluffed his own pillows that were on the opposite side, "I never want to see a teacher try being rude to you, it would be upsetting."

 

He couldn't help but smile when the Chattel said that because it reminded him that maybe what they had was deeper than what was on the skin's surface. A normal one would never care if their 'master' was in trouble or upset because very low key, they resented their owners, but of course Kai was different.

 

It was funny how that phrase continued to pop up when he tried to describe the younger and his feelings about him. He knew it was an avoidance tactic because if he really dwelled on everything, he may find unsavory results, and he thought the phrase 'different' explained enough.

 

"Kai, go get changed for bed," Soo finally interrupted his thoughts, "because you're sleeping in this bed with me and that's that, so don't worry about it anymore."

 

The younger put his hands up in defeat and walked over to the bathroom, "Whatever you say boss!"

 

He chuckled at the younger's joke and went on about his business, now heading over to the closet to prepare his and Kai's uniforms for tomorrow and to actually change himself. While what he was wearing was already pretty comfortable, there was nothing like a nice fluffy pair of pajama pants and a big loose t-shirt to get him into the magical world of dreaming.

 

The pants he chose were bright yellow and the shirt he pulled down from the bar in the closet was a pretty mint and he quickly changed in his closet so that the younger wouldn't see him. He didn't know why he still felt so shy about this kind of stuff, but he just couldn't wear the feeling off.

 

Maybe it was because he wasn't sure what was happening with them ... Kai's actions towards and in regards to him were so different from any Chattel he'd ever seen ... and maybe it was because he felt insecure.

 

Kyungsoo, unlike his friends, wasn't even very sculpted; this was due to a few things, one of the biggest being that of everyone he did the least amount of athletics. Yeol played everything with a ball that he could find time for and even though Sehun was more reserved than that, he found the time to play soccer (though this was probably because Luhan played).

 

Even Baekhyun, who was a bit more feminine than him, spent an hour and a half a day at the gym, going through a strict routine of exercises to work a sweat and occasionally he joined his boyfriend for a game or two.

 

On the other hand, Kyungsoo was just slim; his torso was just a thin flat and he had normal people's legs, no bulging calves to be found. His arms were thin as were his wrists; the only part of him that wasn't as thin where his hips, thighs, and bum.

 

This part of his figure was a little more rounded, the skin a little doughier than the rest and while this always made him blush, this was the one place on him -- besides his face -- that didn't seem so slender.

 

In contrast, Kai was very defined, he'd gotten the chance to see this time-after-time because the Chattel didn't have very much modesty when it came to Soo. Lately he'd let the younger use Appa's neglected home gym and he'd gotten just a glimpse at Kai's fantastic physique and it only made him more cautious of his own.

 

He wiggled the pants up to sit on top of his hips and he was finally finished getting dressed so he walked back out of the closet to find Kai leaning on the bed.

 

"You can get dressed in the bathroom with me you know," the younger started, "there's no need to try being courteous and changing in that tight little closet of your's."

 

"I really don't mind ... it gives me more time to pick my clothes," he really wasn't in the mood to discuss this more and so he hurried into the bathroom to brush his teeth and get away from the pressuring.

 

Slowly, he brushed his teeth, washed his face, and put on the one skin care cream he tried to use before going back out to face the younger and head to bed.

 

Kai was already on his side, facing away from Soo, and he felt a little better that he wasn't going to have to explain himself further. He scurried over to the wall to get the lights and then he turned off his lamp and bathed the room in darkness.

 

Now was the challenge, trying to get to sleep while he could feel Kai right next to him; he'd struggled with this for nights now.

 

This had been the source of his problems ever since they started getting closer and made their terrace visits a regular thing.

 

Worse, Kai had a tendency to shift and embrace the closest thing he could find in his sleep and while Kyungsoo made an active effort to make sure what he was hugging was a pillow, more often than not the younger would end up holding Soo. And he really, really liked that, but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter