Don't Tell Me

Biophilia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm supposed to be working tonight Soo," Chanyeol was using that usual condescending tone that he liked to sport when he needed an upper hand in a conversation, "I really can't miss-,"

 

"Yes you can ... come on, please don't leave Baekhyun and I alone with that creep, you know we can't rely on Sehun for any help," maybe if the older begged, his dongsang would listen.

 

"You'll have Kai with you."

 

"Chanyeol ... you know why tasking Kai with that is ridiculous ..."

 

"Kai is strong and confident and has a clear affinity for you, I doubt he'd let Kris violate either of you," Chanyeol was lying through his teeth with the second part, they both knew this.

 

Not that Kai would purposely let something like that happen, but because in this situation, the younger was going in powerless. And while Chanyeol may have understood more than he let on, others were clueless.

 

"Yeol ... you know this is going to lead to an argument between us and I don't want to piss you off when I need you to come tonight," maybe if he used a more sugary tone, his friend might listen, "You know your boyfriend wouldn't miss a party for his life and I already promised I'd be there."

 

"Baekhyun is strong and can fend for himse-,"

 

"Remember what happened the last time I went to Yifan's party and you trusted me with him?"

 

"Yes, I remember and specifically I remember nothing bad happening."

 

He gave a low groan because there was no way he was willing to win this conversation by giving away such intimate secrets of the actual details of the party, "Chanyeol, you're the only one of my friends that I think of as mature and I trust you more than anyone else in a situation like this ... I need you to be a good friend and come through for me this time."

 

"Ugggh, I'll call into my boss, but you're going to have to pick me up because I don't have a ride now due to you," Yeol surrendered and Soo couldn't help the smile spreading across his face right now.

 

Kyungsoo had already sent Kai with Baekhyun to try and get cowboy things for the party so driving to pick up Chanyeol wasn't that big of a deal. He ran out of his room, down the stairs, and dove into the front seat as fast as he could so that he'd be early.

 

If Yeol was still on the Metro -- and he probably was because fate was not very kind to their tall friend -- he'd be able to park and wait at the stop a few minutes before the Metro actually showed up.

 

The drive there wasn't terrible, but it was really slow because of all the school zones he had to deal with on the way. Not that he was complaining, he was very grateful for Yeol to not have fought as much as he could have.

 

He pulled in and waited and it wasn't but a few minutes later when the big bus arrived and Yeol climbed off, looking for Soo's familiar car.

 

"To think I thought you might be late," the tallest quickly pushed himself into the little vehicle ... well it was little by his standards at least because he was a very long person.

 

"You've known me since middle school, when have I ever been late ... to anything?" Soo pulled off, careful to mind the Bus's own traffic rules till they were a good distance away.

 

"Well, never, but I still try not to get my hopes too high in case something comes up."

 

"You really need to get a car Chanyeol."

 

"You've lectured me about this before Kyungsoo..."

 

"You and Sehun act like I lecture all the time-,"

 

"You do."

 

"I don't lecture, I give helpful advice that I hope you will take because I know things," they were finally on more familiar roads as they got out of the bustling business of Seoul streets.

 

"Hun and I have both 'lived' more than you have Soo, we really don't need unwarranted advice."

 

Kyungsoo puffed out his cheeks because he really didn't know how to respond to this accusation ...  the worst part being that it was a statement of fact more than an accusation. Because his friend's had lived more, had experienced more, had done more dangerous, worse, daring things than he.

 

And it wasn't that this bothered him, because before he met Kai he liked his nice and quiet little lifestyle, but it did make it hard for him to be a good hyung. Honestly, he just wanted to fulfill his duties and care for his dongsangs, but how was he ever going to do that when they were more mature in experiences than he?

 

Sometimes he mused that it would be much easier if he was the youngest ... maybe he would get an excuse for being so introverted. This was how he reasoned his behavior for everything else, because he was the youngest child in his family, but he didn't get that benefit with his friends.

 

"Look ... I didn't mean that in a rude way ...." Chanyeol was finally looking at him and Kyungsoo hoped a look of upset wasn't clouding his features, "I was just ... we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter