Revealing the incident

Unrequited love?

 

“You sure you want to go to school today? Your eyes are red and totally swollen.” My brother asked while sighing.

“Well how could I do? There are three tests today! I shouldn’t just leave it.”

I go to school anyway, I really couldn’t leave the tests. There’re math, science and p.e., and it’s all my favorite lessons.

“What’s with your eyes?” Doojoon asked when I met the quartet in the locker room.

“Noth—“

“Morning Heeyoung-ah!” the familiar voice greeted me so cheerfully. But I can’t look at him in the eyes today, he’ll found out.

“Mornin’.” I replied while pretending to tidy up my locker. Taecyeon sighs, lifts up my chin with his hand and saw through my eyes.

“Don’t try to hide these eyes. It’s okay I won’t ask you something you wouldn’t answer.” He said patting my head while smiling and left the locker room.

“What’s up with you two? Nichkhun, the senior who hang around with Taecyeon also came to you yesterday right? And he mentioned something about Taecyeon when we were about to go.” Suzy asked.

“You wouldn’t believe me, they’re in the same circle as my brother. And they were coming to my house last weekend, that’s why Nichkhun also knows me. The other three in junior year know me too. I said to Nichkhun for not talking to me because I don’t want to have business with their fangirl. I’ve had enough with Minah that time.”

“What? You’ve encountered with her? What a pain.” Dara whispered to me whining about her. Well, she’s whispering so no one heard except the five of us.

“Wait, my question this morning still hasn’t answered yet. What’s with your eyes?” Doojoon asked again.

“Uhmmm well…”

“Couldn’t you learn from Taecyeon? Don’t ask questions she wouldn’t answer! Geez.” Junhyung said.

“It’s… it’s okay, just… not now okay? There’s still lesson, I’ll tell you guys later, why don’t we hang out together after school?”

“We could go to my place!” Junhyung exclaimed. And so, we go to his house. I explained what happened last night, about the accident, amnesia, my name, and Jaebum.

“So yeah, I ended up crying all night long in Jaebum’s arm. But it’s okay now. I’m just shocked, disappointed, confused. You know, when all that feelings mixed up together, what would happen?”

“We know. Sigh, you’re such a baby. Good thing you didn’t overwhelmed it. Just think positively, if that incident didn’t come, maybe we wouldn’t meet and be such good friends, right? Maybe you wouldn’t know Jaebum, or even Taecyeon and the others. Just be grateful that your current brother picked you up.” Dara said, patting my back.

I know I have these best friends who would hear everything I tell them, and I can lean my head on their shoulders. I’m glad to know where I am now.

-----------------------------------------

“M’home! Jae-oppa! Where are you?”

“Ah, welcome home! Ey, Taecyeon asked me about your swollen eyes. It’s like the blame is on me you know.”

“Serves you right.” I stuck my tongue out and asked, “What did you tell him?”

“’Ask Heeyoungie yourself if you got b*lls.’?” Jaebum answered with that devilish-innocent smile of his. I’m amused and stifled a laugh. I make my own way to the kitchen to make a coffee, I feel like drinking it. And that’s when our eyes meet.

“Heeyoung-ah.” He said.

“I thought you said you wouldn’t ask something I won’t answer? Just say then you don’t have the guts to do so.” I said, teasing him a little. It’s amusing to see how he reacted. His head twitched and he widens his eyes. He quickly shouted at me,

“It’s not like that!!”

I laugh at the thought of him being so childish and all. He’s always so composed, well not really, he is childish but not this way, so I kinda happy that he shows this unknown side in front of me.

“What are you laughing at? Aren’t you angry?!” he asked, with a blushed face. I laugh again. “Aish.” He turned his head to hide that blushing. I’ve been watching you, you know, Taecyeon. Even just a single movement from you that you show to me, I’m incredibly happy.

“Why are you blushing Ok Taecyeon? I didn’t even do something you could blush at.”

“Laughing.”

“Huh?”

“You were laughing.” He said, covering his face. He’s just so cute. And that made me laugh again.

“I was not angry, I pretended to. Since you are…” cute.

“I’m what?”

“No, nothing, forget it. And let’s head back to the topic. You want to know right? I found that I’m not Jaebum’s real sister, he was randomly picking me in the road when I was little and last night he irritates me by saying so. I was all worked up, and yeah, I ended up crying for the rest of night.” I said just to gain a slap in the head from Jaebum who is standing behind me.

“She’s lying, she just wants to pick up on you, sorry. But the part she’s not my real sister is right.” He said

“The part you were randomly picking me is also right.” I added.

“Wha – really?”

“I know you’d surprised. I’m not her real brother, yes. She lost her memories six years ago.” Jaebum said, and with that, he explained what happened.

“Jeongmal?! Then if that’s true… Heeyoung-ah, you are…”

“I’m what?”

“No, it’s nothing.”