Two Pendants

Unrequited love?

 

Hi! It's been awhile, so I'm sorry! These had been a hectic weeks :( so to put it fast, here's the story!


 

Now that the memory revealed, Heeyoung overcome her fear of thunders little by little. It’s not completely gone though, but frequently improving. And somehow, Yoseob gets along too well with the groups, especially the boys and Gikwang. The two could dance, and their voices are both nice. They match with each other, and they’re like had been friends since forever.

The three, Sungyoung, Heeyoung and Taecyeon, know now the differences between Yoseob and Chanhyuk. Chanhyuk has a scar on the back of his neck, while Yoseob doesn’t. The new boy has actually treated the twins as his sisters, though, making them remember the day they spent with Chanhyuk. But no one protest, they’re simply happy.

While the orange and yellow leafs leave their nest on the tree, Heeyoung is eyeing the letter in her hand carefully. No, not yet, she won’t gonna open Jaebum’s letter just yet. She plops her head down onto the pillow. There are so many things run through that brain of hers. She closes her eyes, letting her mind dealing with the thoughts.

“I remember why I… was able to survive.” Heeyoung muttered. She’s now sitting on the cafeteria’s bench, mobbed by her friends. There are Taecyeon and the others too. Yoseob places his eyes on his new friend, the one saying that he has the same face as her brother.

“Survived from what?” Dara asked bluntly.

“From the incident that killed my parents.” Heeyoung eyed her sibling, whose eyes widen in return. When no one giving response, she continued, “Father realized something was off, he started to feel nervous. Mother and I could sense the nervousness. We asked what happened, and he said he heard the sound of something ticking. We found out it was a bomb.

“When he was starting to panic, he pushed the gas into a full speed. But, as the speed going up, the ticking voice sped up too. It was a bomb based on the car’s velocity. I could figure that much, but couldn’t say anything due to the tension and panicking. I widen my eyes when father keep speeding up the car. Before I knew it, I screamed, ordering them to jump out from the car, while I opened the door beside me.

“But it was too late. They couldn’t hear me. I jumped… alone.” She finished her story, unable to look at her silent friends.

“Who the hell dare placing a velocity bomb in your car?” Nichkhun asked in disbelief. His first intention was just visiting his old school, with Junsu, but it all changed when he found out that Heeyoung had passed out. Now he unexpectedly hears a shocking story about how she survived the incident 7 years ago.

“They were under arrest.” Sungyoung said, startling the rest, especially her younger twin. “I’m sorry I wasn’t saying anything before this, but they actually have been arrested.”

“How come?” Gikwang asked.

“I don’t know. About 3 months ago, the police suddenly contacted me, saying the culprit of that incident had been found. It was rather a big company rivalry to the one ran by my father.”

“You don’t know how? But you reported that it was your family having the incident, right?” Junsu tilted his head.

“No, I didn’t even report it. The car shattered, no traced left, not even the license plate remained. I didn’t have any evidence, so I didn’t say anything to the police. That’s why I was surprised myself. Partly because the case was closed and mostly because the police knew my identity.”

Silence filled in between them once again before Heeyoung broke it, “You said… it was 3 months ago…?”

 Heeyoung opened her eyes, leaving the flashback on the back of her mind. It was Jaebum’s death… three months ago. She closes her eyes again.

“Park Jaebum you jerk.” She ruffled her hair in desperation. Typical of Jaebum, won’t let anyone knows what he’s thinking, leaving them clueless, so maybe there would be nothing in this letter. If he really went here and there about solving her parent case on his own before he died, he totally was stupid. Did he actually go that far for her?

In regard, she knows he would give everything for her, and she thinks he had already gave her all the things she needed, but she doesn’t know that he went that far, searching for her identity, solving the problem of her real family, without her knowing, to boot. It was much more than enough. “You are so stupid, Jaebum.” She sighed.

Heeyoung sits up and opens the drawer next to her bed, takes a necklace in it. At first, she didn’t know what was that necklace means. But now…

She hears Flynn’s barking. She’s surprised until she realizes it was rather happy barks. Someone’s here? Mostly like it.

“Flynn, who is it?” Heeyoung asked, stepping down the stair. Her room is upstairs, but Flynn’s voice echoing through the whole house.

“Hi.”

“Taecyeon!” she exclaimed.

“We’re here too.”

“Wooyoung! Chansung, Junho, Junsu and Nichkhun too!” she shouted happily. It had been a long time since they came to her house. Last was before Jaebum’s death. Except for Taecyeon, the others haven’t seen the so-called ‘Flynn’ with their own eyes, even Wooyoung, Junho and Chansung had just heard the rumor about him. They were longing to see him, since everyone was talking about him being a very smart puppy.

“Really, when are you going to call me Oppa?” Junsu retorted.

“Let’s not forget about me too.” Nichkhun added.

“You know I don’t really like to call older men ‘Oppa’. I rarely referred Jaebum as ‘Oppa’ too. How about I call you ‘Hyungnim’?” she replied from the kitchen, preparing each favorite drink. Cappuccino for Junsu, herbal tea for Nichkhun, soft drink for Taecyeon and Chansung, while milkshake for Junho and Wooyoung, she silently makes mental note to herself.

That sentence gained chuckles from Taecyeon and laughter from Junho while the two oldest frown. “What are you, a guy? If you’re a girl, you should at least act and talk like one!” Nichkhun placed his palm on his forehead, hopeless with the younger girl’s attitude.

“Why? Jaebum never protest if sometimes I called him ‘Hyungnim’.” Heeyoung shrugged, bringing the beverages in her hand. The two people sigh, exasperated. But they couldn’t resist a curve of happiness tugging on their lips, this person really is unexpected. No wonder Jaebum loves her so much, not that they don’t. Their feelings are the same as his was they’re sure.

“Flynn, have you closed the door?” she asked as the said puppy barked. “Good.” She smiled.

“By the way Noona, why did you name him Flynn? Is that name is from someone important to you in the past?” Wooyoung asked curiously. Everyone gained their attention on the younger twin, unable to catch Taecyeon’s reaction, which head twitched.

“Wha-someone important?!” Heeyoung repeated, then laughing in a second. The others six blink in unison. Why is she laughing?

“Umm should I take that as a yes or a no?” Wooyoung asked again.

“Is Flynn a name of someone you know when you were in the State, Noona?” Chansung quirked, eyes filled with confusion and curiosity. Taecyeon twitches again. This is just coincidence, yes, it must be coincidence that his friends thinking the exact same way as him. He could have sworn he heard his beating heart when Heeyoung continue to laugh.

“O-okay…” she stifled another chuckle.

Awkward silence fills in the room. Taecyeon really would love to leave if the others see his priceless expression. “Flynn is a name of anime character.” She said, dully. The boys shut their mouth, unable to come up with any response appropriate.

“Really now, what did I expect.” Nichkhun sighed in defeat.

“Well no one really know how I fond of anime characters except for Jaebum. And surprisingly, after my memories recovered, I figured I once loved them too.” She shrugged. “After all Taecyeon, didn’t you know about that certain antic of me also?” she turned to the tall boy.

Taecyeon silently sighs in relieve. Really, he should have known it was none other than that anime character of hers. But what can he do? He’s sure his heart stopped a minute ago. Knowing Sunghee’s personality, it would most likely never be someone’s in the real life name. Now he wonders if she named him as someone important to her, who’s it will be.

Remembering he hasn’t answered her questions, “Yeah I forgot.” He replied dismissively, still drowned in thought. Everyone is certainly having fun, they got to talk with each other, nostalgia their times when Jaebum was still around. They don’t feel sad when they talk about him. It’s much more the opposite effect. They feel calm everytime they do. It feels like he was there laughing with them.

Wooyoung went home first, saying he has homework to do. Junho and Junsu were after him, while Nichkhun followed in an hour. So it leaves the three of Taecyeon, Chansung, and Heeyoung now. The breeze chills them to the bones, but the warmth left in their circle saves them.

“Noona, can I sleep here tonight?”

“Huh? Why?”

“I can’t huh?”

“No, no, I was just asking why.”

“Ahh just feel like it. My parents are away anyway.” He shrugged, smiling. The younger boy seems to be lonely. Though he doesn’t show it, Heeyoung knows how Chansung probably feels. Taecyeon on the other hand, hears the conversation before him but decides not to say anything, until the maknae of the group ask, “You too right, Taecyeon hyung?”

“What, Taecyeon too?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, you could use the bedroom you usually use okay?”

“Can I sleep now? I’m so tired~” Chansung covered his mouth. He yawns sleepily, waiting for the reply.

“Of course you can. I’ll put some food on the dining table in case you wake up by the midnight and feel hungry.”

“Thanks, Noona!”

That leaves the two of Taecyeon and Heeyoung are alone. Silence grew between them. Unnoticeable, Heeyoung clutches the thing in her hand, the necklace she took right before the group came to her house. It has silver chain, and has two pendants on it. The first pendant is a sapphire stone, and the second pendant is a letter.

She eyes the only person next to her. He put his fist on his chest, like suffocating. She wonders what’s up. But when she sees a silver chain on his neck, her question is silently answered. She needn’t even looking to know the thing filling Taecyeon’s mind right now.

“I remember.”

“Yeah you remember everything.”

“No, this is about a certain thing.”

“What is it?”

“It’s about the one you hold in your hand right now.” Heeyoung said, turned to her partner in that conversation. Taecyeon widens his eyes, unable to come up with reply. When Heeyoung knows the boy would never speak up unless she does first, she continues. “I remember you gave it to me before I went with my parents 7 years ago, that when I was on my way back, the incident occurred.”

“Yeah. I’m surprised you still have it even after that incident.” Taecyeon’s face softened.

He also remembered it. It was a rather embarrassing moment. He doesn’t even know how he was doing it, how he was saying it. He turns away, blushing creeps up to his face as he recalls what happened the moment he gave Heeyoung the necklace.

“Sunghee, you’re going for a month?” a little Taecyeon asked.

“Yes, why?”

“I will be lonely…”

“Sungyoung would be here, you could always play with her, no?”

“But I wanna play with you!” the guy pouted. “Why you? Why not Sungyoung?”

“Please, Taecyeon, you know too, she has to prepare for her performance at the piano contest in a month.”

“Tch. Fine.”

Without her knowing, the young Taecyeon had left her alone in the park. Sungyoung is now practicing her piano, so she couldn’t expect her to come. Taecyeon is so stupid. Does he think she wouldn’t feel lonely at all? There won’t be Sungyoung and him in Seoul. No one could play with her except for her parents. Taecyeon is utterly, desperately, very, hopelessly, stupid.

She cries on the swing. She isn’t sad, no, she’s so mad at his stupidity that she feels the urge to cry. Before she knew it, rain is pouring badly that day, and thunderstorms are everywhere. That’s it, and the cry of furious becomes the cry of fear. Damn thunder, she cursed, still crying and sobbing her lungs out.

“Sunghee-ah!” Something warm placed over her body. She looked up to the figure, to find her childhood friend is now hugging her. “Don’t cry, I’m here, okay?” The taller person patted her head. She buried her face on his chest, couldn’t come up with any words. It’s about 15 minutes, and the rain stops. Taecyeon let go of his hug, rubbing the back of his neck.

“I’m sorry for leaving you like that. Ah, but…” he reached his pocket, took out a sliver chain from it. “This is a necklace I bought for you about a week ago. Intentionally, I bought this for your birthday, but today was okay too. Look, this has two pendants in it. Sapphire is a beautiful, but a strong stone at the same time. I hope it will make a good charm for you. And the second pendant is a ‘T’ letter. It’s the initial of my name.” he said sheepishly. Sunghee is dazed, but chuckles in a second. “And oh! I have one too, similar to you, but mine has a letter ‘H’ on it.”

“’H’? Why not ‘S’?” Sunghee tilted her head, confusion showed in her autumn eyes.

“Because ‘S’ could be you or Sungyoung, so I get it different.”

“Why? So Sungyoung didn’t get this necklace?”

“No, I just planned to give her a pulshie or something.”

“Why?”

“Stop asking why!”

“But I want to know why!”

“Because I want the only one have the same necklace as me is you. Case closed!”

Taecyeon covers his face. He’s so embarrassed for God’s sake, and couldn’t show his face to the person next to him right now. “Crap, that was embarrassing. How could I have no shame when I was little?” He muttered under his breath, but loud enough for Heeyoung to hear. The girl laughs.

“You know, it makes a really good charm on me even though I forget what the necklace means. So thank you. And by the way, I always wear this, so even when the incident happened, the necklace was always with me.” She smiled.

Taecyeon sighs. Feel defeated, he turns his head and smile in return. He takes a glance at the window behind her, looking at some leafs with the same color as her bright brown eyes. He closes his eyes, and decides to get up. Patting the girl’s head, he said, “Let’s go to rest. You need it.”

Taecyeon knows what the conversation would turn into if he continues it. It will be her saying the necklace was so precious for her, and that she would never let it slip from her hand. No, when that happens, he won’t success on holding back, so no. He knows the girl was looking at him suspiciously for cutting the conversation just like that, but he doesn’t care. Like this with her is fine for now.

“Yes, you’re right. Let’s go to rest.” She finally replied.


 

 And just so you know, I watch 2PM two days ago in my countries. They're so awesome and I had a great time:D They are so handsome in the real life (not that they don't in the picture or the video, though) but really, every one of you should watch them too if you have the chance!