19th of December

Unrequited love?

 

Well! As you can see the tittle, I actually planned it to be posted on 19th, but I overslept as I tried to finish this chapter, so I'm sorry:( anyway here goes the chapter! Enjoy :D

 


 

“Finally!” Dara shouted happily, bouncing around. Junhyung snickers, the girl is happy whatever the reason, and when the short haired girl is happy, she’s gonna overdo her act, and do it like a child.

“Finally what?” Suzy asked. Junhyung snickers again. He doesn’t expect there will be someone who actually asked Dara about what she means by ‘finally’. But well, aren’t they bunches of idiots who always talk about unimportant things?

“We’re going out again! Just the five of us for Santa’s sake! I feel bad for Gikwang, Yoseob, and Sungyoung who couldn’t come with us, though, but really, it’s been like years the five of us are actually hanging out together, don’t you think?” Dara said, waving her hands to each side, feeling the rather nice winter breeze as it blew through her body which was covered by many layers of shirt that night.

“You have a point there. Last time I recall, Heeyoung was still like, watching Taecyeon from afar, and receive his usual morning greetings everyday in the locker room, and flushed everytime she replied his greetings. That didn’t change though, but now, you’re awfully close with him, Heeyoungie, and to think he’s actually your childhood friend. Some things had been fully changed.” Doojoon said with a straight expression on his face, while said person was blushing deeply.

“Shut up, Doojoon.” She shot him her death glare.

Junhyung, finally able to control his snickering, genuinely smiles. He really loves having this moment with his friends. He was a cocky person before he met them in Junior High, though that doesn’t change much, he’s now more grateful for what have been given to him. Regardless, Doojoon is right, some things had fully changed. He also has considered their circle of friend a big one, now that Sungyoung, Gikwang and Yoseob have included in it. He doesn’t dislike them, no, far from that. But he feels nostalgic that now, the five of them are walking around, just like the old times.

He remembered something, then asked, “Umm everyone, are you available at 19th?”

Said everyone grins smugly at him, like they’re expecting the question that finally comes out. “Well, we’re very much available at your birthday, Junhyung!”

Once again, he genuinely smiles.

“Oh yeah, I want my birthday done with you guys only but I feel bad for Sungyoung, Gikwang and Yoseob if I didn’t invite them, what should I do now?” he sighed feeling rather confused. As much as he wants to spend it with everyone, his selfish side just wants to be with the five of them. After all, it had long gone since they spent their times together like this.

“What if we had a little party with everyone for about an hour or so, and then pretend that the party is over. After that, we could hang out in somebody’s house or something!” Doojoon exclaimed. Everyone nodded happily in agreement, except one person.

“Doojoon you know what?” said one person asked.

“What, Heeyoungie?” Doojoon asked back.

“I think you were possessed by an alien somehow, I mean, you’re too genius these days!” she shouted, leaving Doojoon to pout and the others to laugh.

“I wonder if that’s a compliment or a mocking statement.” He rolled his eyes.

Two weeks later, it 19th exactly, they’re all gathering in Junhyung’s house to run a little party. There are Junhyung and his circle of group, with Taecyeon and also his circle of group. Without all of them realize, they have became a really big and warm family. Of course not every one of them is best friends with each other, but at least, they knew each other better to consider the others as close friends.

But of course, as Junhyung said earlier that month, he also wants to have another special time with his best friends from junior high, which are Doojoon, Heeyoung, Dara, and Suzy. He wants to thank them for always been there when he needed them and never complain about his cocky, and maybe selfish, attitude.

When the time reaches 8 p.m. the others are gone, leaving said five people and their gifts.

“Guys, help me open all of these, please?” he asked the others, who didn’t have much options anyway. So they help the birthday boy revealing what the leaving friends are giving him.

The first present is opened by Dara. It’s from Taecyeon. He gives Junhyung a Pikachu shape flashdisk. Everyone’s laughing amusedly, when Suzy opens the gift from Junho and Junsu. Junho gives Junhyung a Pikachu form of tissue-cased, while Junsu gives him a ukulele guitar with Pikachu as the background.

“Now, now, since when did they know how much Junhyung loves Pikachu that he would marry it anytime he wants?” Heeyoung thought jokingly as the others laughed, leaving Junhyung to pout from the teasing.

“Shut up! It’s not my fault that Pikachu is so cute like that.” He retorted, just to gain another laugh from everyone in the room.

When the laughter finally dies, Heeyoung opens the gifts from Sungyoung, Gikwang, and Wooyoung. She furrows her eyebrow while she’s taking her gemini’s gift for Junhyung. It’s a bit heavy. Heeyoung wonders what might be in it. Everyone is taking their time waiting for the middle length haired girl to open the presents. After she finally does, every presence in the room’s jaw drops with awe, as they watch the crystal ball was being taken from its’ container. The difference from any crystal ball is, this is Pikachu-shaped crystal.

“Really! Isn’t anyone giving me another gift other than Pikachu? This is getting boring.” Junhyung muttered.

“You’ve got what you want, Mr. Pikachu boy.” Heeyoung said, pulling Gikwang’s gift out from the cover, revealing a new pair of headset.

“Whoa! I’d go gay for Gikwang!!” the birthday boy shouted as he held the headset. The four of his companions are laughing from his comment. They know full well Junhyung’s headset is recently broken. Of course they know! He complained about it for almost, like, everyday.

Wooyoung’s gift is also a none-Pikachu thing. It’s a black jumper with white texts saying ‘Every Night I’ a word ‘Shock’ bellow it, and another ‘Shock’ word bellow the first identical word.

Doojoon has almost the rest of the gifts with him, except for Yoseob’s because Junhyung grabs it. He opens Nichkhun’s first, and smiles as he shows the dark blue backpack. In the front of the backpack, there are two big and round eyes, making it looks like a little monster. He places the bag near other gifts, opening Chansung’s next. It’s a nice, white t-shirt with panda’s eyes and panda’s mouth on it.

Then, after Doojoon puts the t-shirt, the birthday boy opens the last, but not least, gift from Yoseob. It’s a photo frame, it gets his favorite color, red, for the background of the frame, and blue words of Junhyung’s name are engrave  on it. There’s their photo, all of the people that came earlier plus the five of them picture in it, showing their happy smile. The photo was taken in the spring that year, so there are much bright trees and beautiful flowers around them.

“Wow, simple but cool.” Doojoon commented.

“Yeah, your favorite words isn’t it? Simple but cool.” Dara replied, but couldn’t help to agree nonetheless. It’s cool, and it has more meaning in it. The picture shows their good relationship with the others. But…

“But, where’s Yoseob? I couldn’t find him in this photo.” Suzy pointed out Dara’s thought.

“Yeah.” Heeyoung’s face darkened.

“Heeyoungie what is it?” Junhyung asked, placing a comforting hand on Heeyoung’s back.

“Of course there’s no Yoseob. It was spring, and we met Yoseob this autumn. What did you expect? Jaebum was still there anyway, so Yoseob would most likely still in his old school.” She muttered in matter-of-factly tone. She tries to hide it away, but apparently they all know her too much to miss the sadness in her voice.

“Aww right. Don’t be sad, here, Yoseob leaves Junhyung a message.” Junhyung said in attempted to cheer his friend up by referring himself as the third person. Heeyoung smiles a little, appreciating her friend’s effort.

“What the message says?” Dara asked.

“It says, ‘Happy Birthday! I wanna give you something, so I thought this would be cool. But I had some kind of dilemma. The photo I should slip in there. I figured about Heeyoung’s illegitimate brother, you see. And tell Heeyoung I mean I said illegitimate was because there’s Chanhyuk too. Well back to the point, I found the photo with him and without me, also the photo with me and without him. But then, I think the photo without me would’ve been good because you could remember about all of them, included Jaebum, in the photo, and if you want to remember about me, just recall that I gave you the frame. It’s a clumsy thought, though, but I hope you like it.’” Suzy took the note and read it out loud.

“Like it? He’s kidding! I love it!” Junhyung exclaimed.

“Well that was it. I guess we should take a break before open our own gifts for you, Junhyung.” Heeyoung suggested. The other four nod in agreement.

They watch a movie until 10, chitchatting and ordering pizza from a near store there. It’s the most plain but best birthday Junhyung has ever got. After the movie’s done, they gather in circle again to open the rest of the gifts. Suzy, cooperate with Dara, give him a giant lion pulshie, while Doojoon and Heeyoung give him the presents they found earlier together. Junhyung gives the latter his skeptical look for giving him another Pikachu things, but loves them nonetheless, the Pikachu pulshie especially because it could talk! It ended at 11 with them talking about nostalgic things with each other.

That’s when Heeyoung’s phone vibrates and she smiles when she looks at who texts her that late of the night.

From: Taecyeon
To: Heeyoungie
Are you gone home from Junhyung’s crib, yet?

From: Heeyoung
To: Taecyeon
Subject: Worrywart
No, father, I’m staying the night with the guys, besides, tomorrow is Sunday and there’s no school.

From: Taecyeon
To: Heeyoungie
Subject: Re: Worrywart
I’m not a worrywart! Regardless, you’re supposed to go to sleep by midnight, you get it?

From: Heeyoung
To: Taecyeon
The latter words betrayed your first sentence don’t you think?-_-

From: Taecyeon
To: Heeyoungie
No! It’s not about worry it’s about your health, what if you’re sick like several months ago?

From: Heeyoung
To: Taecyeon
Umm could I ask you what is that any different?

From: Taecyeon
To: Heeyoung
That is totally different!

Heeyoung laughs amusedly on her own, leaving her friends in confusion.

“Who is that you’re texting, Heeyoungie?” Dara asked first.

“Eehh…”

“Now that I remember, you’ve been texting with someone a lot recently.” Junhyung pointed out.

“Ehhh…”

“And it started when Jaebum was still here, but that was not as much as what Junhyung means by recently. It’s really getting a more lot.” Suzy added.

“Umm… it’s nothing…”

Doojoon who’s the one hasn’t said anything narrows his honey orbs at the girl before him, thinking about something. “It’s Taecyeon.” He voiced out his thought.

“Really?!” the other three shouted loudly.

“Well…” the middle length haired girl was slightly taking her autumn eyes away from her inquiring friends, not really wanting to tell them about Taecyeon… or maybe she should.

“It’s really him?” the three chorused again.

Heeyoung curses Doojoon internally for saying Taecyeon’s name out loud. Now she really thinks the guy is possessed by aliens, his way of thinking is beyond genius. Or maybe she’s that easy to read. She sighs and nods lightly, remembering she hasn’t answered their question.

“Whoa there you’re that close to him now? I mean, I know you guys are close friends, but, really?” Junhyung asked, a bit speechless.

“Come on what do you expect now? He’s my childhood friend after all I’ve found out about my past memories. That’s when you mean by recently, right Junhyung? It’s after the whole Yoseob thing, he started to text me more frequently.” She explained.

The rest of the group look at each other, eyes filled with agreement in the similarity of their own thoughts. They always think about it, but never really given the time to prove it. Taecyeon must like Heeyoung, the same feeling the certain girl has too. That must be it, but the girl is totally oblivious of what Taecyeon feels.

“Poor Taecyeon.” Dara sighed as Junhyung, who was next to her, silently elbowed her, a sign she was being too loud even just for a mumble.

“What did you say?” Heeyoung inquired.

“N-no, I said you’re lucky. You still like him right?” Dara cursed herself for stuttering. She also feels the others are holding their breath, afraid Heeyoung would hear her somehow. They don’t want their friend to find out about Taecyeon’s feelings from them. They want her to hear it from Taecyeon’s own mouth. And it’s to their lucky, Heeyoung just blushes. She nods and hides her face. Soon after, they hold the topics down for awhile, and enjoy the rest of the best night again. When the clock reaches midnight, they agree to call it a day and caress their blissful times into a deep slumber.

 


That's it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNHYUNG! Keep calm and be more awesome! B) - love, billiondollar -