Reflection

Unrequited love?

 

It’s Saturday, the day she told Taecyeon to company her to that certain address. She doesn’t have any courage to find out whom it is, and now is the time. Though has passed two months since Jaebum’s funeral, it’s still left a lingering feelings inside Heeyoung. She feels lonely, she couldn’t deny it. And she knows the rest of the boys feel the same too.

Jaebum was the one who saved her seven years ago, when she had no one to cling onto. Now she still has the 6 guys from Jaebum’s circle of group that he left behind, and she’s going to take good care of that guys. They’re her remaining treasure, along with her group of circle of course, just like Jaebum was.

She’s nervous. What Jaebum means by giving her this address? What for? Maybe someone he knew that would take care of her? No way, she still has mother and father, though they rarely home.

Taecyeon now found himself standing in front of the door he knows as Heeyoung’s house. The door suddenly opens before Taecyeon could knock it, giving him a slight chance of heart-attack. He blinks. He sees no one’s there. He pops his head into the room, looking right and left, still, no one. He stares confusedly but realizes something clings to his foot a minute later.

He blinks again. A… puppy? Since when Heeyoung has one? How can he didn’t see it when he fetched Heeyoung to the funeral?

Taecyeon raises the dog within his hands, look at that cute puppy barks happily.

“Flynn, what’s wrong?” Taecyeon could hear Heeyoung’s voice coming from the kitchen. “Oh Taecyeon, you’re here already? But this is just 9.37, oh well never mind, just come in. Flynn you too, close the door okay?” she said then heading back to where she was.

Flynn barks, jumping out of Taecyeon’s grip and pushing the door with his head. Taecyeon eyes widen at the sight. Is the puppy could really do such a thing? Come to think of it, this puppy is also the one who opened the door for him.

“You have a nice pet. Mind if I have him instead?” Taecyeon asked out of curious.

“No.”

“Why?”

“Find your pet on your own.” Heeyoung said, sulking. Taecyeon finds the sight behind him is funny, thus he chuckles. “Oh don’t laugh, will you?” She continued, bringing a cup of tea and place it on the table in front of Taecyeon.

“I’m not laughing.”

“Yeah whatever. I was just making breakfast, care to join?”

“No, I’m good. Already have that before heading here.”

Heeyoung shrugs, she tells Taecyeon to wait for her while she’s eating and changing her clothes. She’s still nervous, even with the fact that Taecyeon would be there.

Taecyeon has his good times with Flynn. He wonders why Heeyoung gave the puppy that name. Oh that’s right, Heeyoung had been lived in the State right after she was taken by Jaebum, hadn’t she? And right before she went to Junior High, she went back here.

That’s why she’s fluent in English. Well, Taecyeon’s fluent in English because his parents moved there, and practically he has to learn English eventually in case he’d visit them, and he has to adapt with the situation there.

Regardless of him, maybe Flynn is the name of someone important to Heeyoung when she’s there? Taecyeon shudders at the thought. He doesn’t even want to consider that thought as an option. But what there another option should be…

“Let’s go.” Heeyoung snapped Taecyeon’s thought.

Oh yeah he almost completely forgot. He’s here not to play with Flynn, nor to have a nice talk with Heeyoung. He’s also not going to do what he usually did here, visiting Jaebum… of course not that now Jaebum is… gone.

No, he’s here to accompany Heeyoung to meet her.

It was rather a nice breeze, despite how hot the sun is shining today. Maybe autumn will come in any days after all. Good thing Heeyoung wears one of his long sleeves and jeans now, or not she’ll have to deal with that damn wind.

“Is this place is right?” Heeyoung asked.

“So it seems.” Taecyeon shrugged, shooed away the urge to look suspicious. He, out of all people, knew whose this place is belonged to.

“Should I press the bell or knock the door?” she asked again, more nervously this time.

“Either way is fine with me.” The tall boy looked away as he said that. It’s much more like neither way is fine with him. No, it’ll never fine. He sees as his company press the bell. Well Heeyoung that’s more bravely of her. It’d be much quicker when she pressed the bell more than she knocked the door

And proven, here the door is opened just not more than 10 seconds after Heeyoung pressed it. Taecyeon couldn’t help but throw his face away, as far as he doesn’t want to see the one who opened the door.

It’s much more surprised to Heeyoung, though. She doesn’t expect she would saw herself when the door opened

Yes, she could’ve sworn she sees herself stands right in front of her. It's almost like reflection she had when she faced a mirror.

The two girls widen their eyes simultaneously with awkward silence living between them. Oh, how Taecyeon would love to leave them in that tension. None of them say a thing. Barely ones breathe normally.

“Sunghee…” the one behind the door had finally spoken up. That’s beyond relieves to Taecyeon that someone finally broke the silence there. Not to his surprise too, that girl is now wrapping her arms around Heeyoung’s neck, pulling her closer.

“Su-Sunghee?” Heeyoung repeated. She doesn’t put any strength to hide her stutter.

“You’ve forgotten? About yourself, and about me too? I’m Han Sungyoung, and you’re Han Sunghee. We’re twins. But then you were disappeared from my sight 7 years ago.” The girls said. They very much alike, aside the fact that Sungyoung has her pony clamped over her hair while ‘Heeyoung’ letting them hanging on her forehead.

You forgot about yourself? About me too? You’re Park Heeyoung and I’m Park Jaebum. I’m your brother.

That sentence somewhat familiar for her, too familiar to the extent, because that was the moment that forgetting it would be the last thing Heeyoung wants. But is it what she said is true? Then Jaebum… he’s most likely sending her to her own home, now out all of times?

In her silence, she could hear that so-called Sungyoung said, “You… you’re… Taecyeon? Really? Ok Taecyeon?”

Taecyeon simply looked away and muttered an ‘Uh’ under his breath.

She disappeared about 6 years ago, no, to think about it, now is almost 7 years.

She, Sungyoung, knows him?! And to see his reaction, it mostly Taecyeon knows her too. Come to think about it, Taecyeon said that precious person looks just like Heeyoung. Is what Taecyeon means is Sungyoung?

But why did Taecyeon refuse to go with her to this place? Has Taecyeon already know who’s this place belonged to? If he knew then why did he refuse? Doesn’t he want to meet her? Then she’s not needed anymore is she? That Taecyeon had finally found that precious person now…

“I’m sorry, come on in first.” Sungyoung said apologetically and let the two guests entered her house.

“Could… anyone just explain what is this all about?” Heeyoung asked pleadingly. She just doesn’t know anything anymore now. She couldn’t think properly.

“Were you really lost your memories?” Sungyoug asked back. Heeyoung nods. “I see. It was 7 years ago. You were going with mom and dad, and that day was when you just about to go back home. Apparently… there’s someone behind the incident that put a bomb in the car you were riding. I don’t know how you survived now but… the car was tore apart. No signs of mom’s or dad’s body were… remained.”

Sungyoung looks away. She doesn’t expect she has to tell the story, the detail of the story she knew. She always said it was a car accident if anyone asked her. And she never expect Sunghee, from all of people could still be alive. But now she is…

She turns her eyes to Taecyeon, scanning him. Taecyeon is here, with the ‘Sunghee’ current profile. Most likely he knows about this along with it but then he tells Sunghee nothing about her true identity. Poor Taecyeon, it must be hard on him not to tell anything, yet he knows everything.

“But now you’re here. That’s what matters the most isn’t it?” Sunyoung said softly, decided not to give any comment about Taecyeon’s presence. Taecyeon mouthed her ‘Thank you’ as Sunyoung’s eyes turns to Heeyoung again.

“But I,” Heeyoung replied hesitantly. “I don’t know you. Okay, you have the same face as me, but, now I have a life on my own. And in that life I don’t know who you are. I’m so sorry to hear about your, our, parents’ incident but…”

Taecyeon places a hand on Heeyoung’s shoulder. Not for comforting, but he thinks that is enough to makes Sungyoung understand. He hates to have to go to this place, but to his lucky, Sungyoung didn’t say anything after that and Heeyoung hasn’t asked a thing about him either.

“I know.” Sungyoung muttered, almost sadly. “That’s why I want to know you better as yourself right now. I don’t know you either, whom I know is Han Sunghee, and that’s what we will go through. Let’s start this over again as a twin, to know each other better.” She smiled weakly.

“I’m Park Heeyoung. I’m not the Han Sunghee you once knew, but maybe I’m not any different either. And… please take care of me.” She said. Heeyoung stands and bows. Once again Sungyoung reaches out to hug her and that was the time she finally feels safe after Jaebum left her.