Fight with Jaebum

Unrequited love?

 

“Is there a problem when I’m not here?”

“No hyung~” the three ‘babysitters’ answered at the same time.

“Good, thank you guys for taking care of my sister.” Jaebum said, gaining a slap in the hand from me.

“I’m not a baby, Park Jaebum.”

“Well then Hyung, we gotta go home now. Byee!” the other three waved their hands happily.

“Oh yeah, I met a person named Gikwang, a while ago in the bus when I got back. He asked me if I’m really Park Jaebum, your brother… and he said something about 7 years ago. Is it really him who helped you in the streets back then?”

“Gikwang? The handsome guy? Well yeah, he helped me but of course I wouldn’t remember. He was transferring to the school a year ago, that’s when I asked you about the incident. He told me about it without knowing I lost my memories.”

The handsome guy?” Jaebum repeated what he thought he heard.

“Yeah.”

“Well he is handsome but I thought you like Taecyeon?”

“Well I never said I like him.”

“Oh whatever. So who is this handsome guy actually?”

“An ordinary man of course. And by the way now he’s in the same circle as me, with Suzy, Dara, Doojoon, and Junhyung. I knew him before he got transferred because Suzy offered something about double blind date, and he’s one of the blind dates from that time.”

“You… you have a blind date…? Without me knowing it? Oh come on Heeyoungie, am I not important to you anymore?” Jaebum said, a bit hyperbole. Ugh how I want to slap him in the head and lecture him not to watch the soap opera too much, this stupid older brother.

He immediately change the face of his with a serious one, and asked, “Do you like him?” and that made me jumped out of surprised. Like him? Lee Gikwang? The thought made my face blush, of course not! “You’re blushing and that’s just mean one thing…”

“What?! Of course n—”

“And I could just mean one thing to if you like him, I wouldn’t allow anyone I don’t even know.” He said, making me irritated. Okay, he’s my brother, but what’s with this over-protectiveness?Who is he to decide on my love life?

Instead of continue my last sentence that wants to say I don’t like him, I frowned at Jaebum and said,

“It’s up to me who’s to decide. You don’t know him right? So don’t say anything bad that you even never know what was the truth about him. Well, you could get to know him well and you’ll understand that you can’t judge the book from the cover, Park Jaebum. Not all handsome men are bad people, and not all good people are ugly.”

I leave him alone with blank face over his head, his jawed wide open and his eyes look shocked at what I was just saying. Eat that, Jaebum, for not listening to me to the end. And don’t you already know whom I like? I did say, ‘I never said I like him’ but I didn’t deny that i like him, did I, Jaebum? You idiot, making me go all in a badmood.

Because I haven’t taken a bath, I take one now, and change my clothes to a sleeveless t-shirt and a short with my yellow, favorite sandal. It's obvious, this is a really hot summer now.

“Where do you want to go?”

“Somewhere outside, it’s just hotter here because I’m in a badmood with you.” I stuck my tongue out and step out from the house leaving the, once again, shocked Jaebum alone. Sorry Oppa, but you know how bad my personalities can be when I’m simply in a badmood, so I’ll just leave you for now.

“Heeyoungie?” I heard that voice called my name. I jumped in a surprised because I was spacing out before. It’s Gikwang. Oh is it has to be you? I was just talking about you a while ago, you know.

“Lee Gikwang, what are you doing here?”

“Take a walk. Can’t I?” he asked.

“No, no. I didn’t mean it like that.” I said chuckling. We spend time together because we don’t really have purpose of what to do since the beginning. We go to an ice cream shop and feel the air conditioner rush our bodies as we open the door. We can feel the chill.

It’s really, really nice in this hottest summer.

"What is it? You're spacing out. Having fight with your brother?"

"Uh.. kind of, thanks to a certain someone who met my brother in the bus and when I said that he's handsome and that Suzy introduced us in a blind date, my brother thought that I like him."

"What, me?! Wait, wait, wait, we canceled the blind date because you refused to, right?"

"Yeah, I just said I knew you before you were transferred because Suzy offered me something about double blind date and you're one of the dates from that time, and he just assume that I really have one and then I fell in love with you and then I got pissed because he jumped to conclusion without having me finished my sentence."

When I done explaining, Gikwang laugh out loud. I put a pout in my mouth.

"Yah, who said you can laugh happily on my problem like that?!"

"But... your fighting with your brother are just too..." he said and then he continued to laugh.

"Tch, whatever."

As Gikwang and I say goodbye to one another, I go to a park near that ice cream shop, and take a seat at a bench there. I was having a nice breeze by myself, until I realize something is clinging on my right foot. I look down, and you know what, it’s a puppy looks at me with his puppy eyes pleadingly here.

“Oh boy, what’re you expecting from me?” I asked by myself and sigh. Despite that, I still bring him/her with me. It’s a white-little Labrador dog, and it looks like it was having a nice spot in my arms when I hugged it along the way home.

“I’m home”

“Welcome home, that was fast of your badmo—wha! What is that thing in your arms?!” Jaebum asked, rushed his way towards me, “Oh my, this puppy is so cute, Heeyoungie, how did you find him?”

“Him? So this dog is a male?”

“Well according to basic knowledge I know about dogs, yes it is. And once again, how did you find him?”

“I didn’t find him, he found me. I was sitting in the south park and he was clinging to me like I’m his owner. With those puppy eyes of his, how can I leave him alone? This little thing.”

“You wanna pet him? I could ask permission to mom and dad if you’re going to pet it.”

“Well, be honest to yourself Jaebum, you wanna pet him too.” I said, in a matter-of-fact tone. “So just ask them now, I’m gonna bathe him.”

“Tch, fine Heeyoungie. Figured, you’re still in a badmood with me.” I chuckled to heard him saying that, I’m not really in a badmood anymore, but teasing him is so much fun.

I go to the bathroom and sit on the side of the bathtub, while holding a shower. I flush the shower to him and said, “Sorry, I don’t have any soap or shampoo for dogs so bear with it just for today okay? I make sure I’ll buy it later so you could use it tomorrow.”

He’s surprisingly obedient, for a dog which just met me today. He shows expression that told me that he likes being in here, like it’s comfortable for him.

I left the toilet and take a towel from my wardrobe. I sit on the floor in my room while covering the dog’s body with the towel I just took. There’s something odd. I thought, but I don’t know what is.

“Hey you, you really like being in my hands, don’t you?” I said, ruffling his head, and heard Jaebum shouted from outside the door.

“’Hey you’? How rude, give him a name, Heeyoungie, you found him.” Oh right, I haven’t given him any name, that what I think was odd. What should I give him? Taecyeon? No, no, no, it’s too straight, and Jaebum will laugh at me for sure.

Repede? Ah, it was our old dog and he’s dead in a car accident 4 years ago. No, no, past is past.

Primavera? …wait, what is that name anyway? How did it just come out from my thought? Uhh… forget it, I don’t know what it was anyway.

I know! Maybe Flynn… or Gailardia? Well, the two of them are my favorite anime character and have the same typical of face. Or should I name him ‘Yuri Lowell’ or ‘Frings’? They too my favorite anime character...

Wait, now I’m confused… too many options. And wait… why are the options all from anime movie?

“Gailardia.” I tried to voice out that name. He whines with pleading eyes, as if he begs me not to use that name. I raise an eyebrow, why is that?

“Lowell.” Still the same expression, “Frings.” Not changing. I sigh, “So what do you want little puppy? You don’t like the name I give to you?” I ruffle his head-hair.

“Flynn.” As I said that, his eyes shine perfectly and he barks excitedly. “Oh, I should have said that earlier. You really know me so well, huh? Or is it pure coincidence that you like the same name as I do?” I patted him as Jaebum enter the room.

“What’s with the noise?”

“Nothing, right Flynn?” I smiled teasingly at Jaebum, but he doesn’t seem to affected by it, instead, he asked,

“So his name is Flynn now?”

“Yeah, and this little fella’s barking full of excitement when I suggested that name.”

“Don’t tell me you gave him the name Flynn out of that favorite anime character of yours.” Jaebum said in disbelieve.

“Well…” I give him the yeah-you’re-right look and laugh awkwardly. He sighs. He’s the only one who really understands about my obsession with anime. No, I'm not an anime-freak, it’s different.

I’ll go ing about how handsome someone in the anime or about how cool their way of fighting is—yeah, I like shounen anime(or you could say it’s like the typical of anime guys would like, the fighting one) more than shoujou anime(the girly anime one).

But, how could I say it? I like it, and just like it. If in the Flynn’s movie I happen to just like Flynn, I’ll just go ing about him and him and him and his fighting style and his way of talking and barely obsessed with one other than him.

“Oh Heeyoungie, you’re hard to believe.” Jaebum rolled his eyes. “But that’s okay, Flynn is a nice name, moreover, he likes it, right?” he smiled. I smile back to him, well Oppa, if I’m still in a badmood with you maybe I’ll name him Gikwang to make you irritated, you know.

“Sure thing, I just almost name him Gailardia, but it seems he doesn’t like the idea. Frings, no, Lowell is also a no, but when I said Flynn, he’s got so noisy.”

“Hey Heeyoungie…” Jaebum called out.

“What is it?” I turned to him who stretched the back side of his neck.

“I’m sorry about before, I don’t listen to you until you’re done. To think of it, you’re just about to say that you don’t like him right? That you were blushing is because you’re surprised that I said that words out of the blue, so… yeah, I’m sorry, once again.”

I chuckled, “Forget it if you’re understand already, ‘kay?”

“Thanks.” He said, patting my head.

“And by the way, you should know that I refused the blind date that time.” I said sticking my tongue out.

“Aish, you’re really…” he said as the both of us cuckled

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For whomever my readers out there, I'm sorry because my internet connection are bad and i can't go for updates. And now my subscribers are three!{} thanks for supporting me for my first time fanfic:)