The one I really like

Unrequited love?

“Hey, Heeyoung, you really don’t have someone you like?” Suzy, a friend of mine asked. Well I’ve already tired of these kind of questions already.

“No, I don’t have.” I said. Honestly, I just don’t want anyone to know who I really like. It’s been about 5 years that I like him. But I never even have a chance to get to know him better. We’re in the same middle school and now we attend the same high school, and my feelings for him never change. I adore him, yet at the same time I like him. I like his appearance, his smile, his posture, his way to talk, everything.

He’s not in the same circle as mine, he’s a popular one, I think. Many girls like him, and I’m just one of bunches. My relationship with him? It’s as simple as a stranger. Well not really, sometimes he greets me. He greets me. And it will make my day, even until the night. I just don’t want it when people know about I like him and they started to make a big fuss about it. How should I do when he found out? I don’t want to break any ties that we already have, even our tie is just as simple as greeting to one another.

“Morning Heeyoung-ah.” Taecyeon called when he enters the locker room in front of the front door of our school. Yeah, just a greeting like this, he already made my day. Ok Taecyeon, he’s the ace of the basketball team of our high school. And yeah, he’s the one I like.

“Mornin’” I replied, smiling.

“As always, when you’re around, he greets you casually, huh.” Suzy commented. Dara turns to face me and asked, “What kind of relationship you have with him actually? You know, he’s pretty popular with his circle of group.”

“What kind? I know him since middle school, we never closed to each other though.” I answered.

“Then why, he always greets you whenever you’re around? It’s like you’ve once best friends or something like that, ya know.” Doojoon added.

“How should I know why? I don’t know maybe it’s just natural for him to greet anyone?” I asked.

Anyone? Maybe you mean no one but you, you know, we were here too but he didn’t greet us, it’s ‘Morning, Heeyoung-ah’ not ‘Morning guys’” Junhyung said, corrected. Well I guess he has the point. But I still never figured why, I just simply happy when he greets me, it’s mean that he recognizes me.

“Never mind, he could greet everyone he wants, right?” Suzy shrugged and walk off.  The rest of us follow her to the classroom.

“Oh, back to the point, you really don’t have someone you like? It’s like, you’ve always just said no since ever.” Suzy said. Please, of course I wouldn’t tell anyone, I don’t want anyone to know about this little secret.

“Really, suddenly asking me this. What are you up to?” I asked back without answering her, to prevent the topic.

“Actually, I wanna ask you to come with me to a double blind date. The three of them couldn’t make it, could you?” she said. Oh so this is what she wants in the first place. “But of course if you have someone you like, I wouldn’t ask you to come.” She continued.

What, if I refuse, I have to come up with a good excuse, but she would figures somehow that I have someone I like, but if I come, how about my unrequited love for these five years? Should I just abandon it? Oh come on.

“Ummm well, I would think about it. When is the blind date?”

“It’s on this Saturday.” Junhyung is the one who answered. “You could tell her if you come or not on this Thursday or Friday right? Just tell her if you couldn’t.” he said bluntly. I have this feeling, that Junhyung actually knows I like someone, though he never asked nor he seems know who is that someone.

I come to the rooftop on the lunch break because everybody has their own business. I’m just the one who got nothing to do, so I decide not to eat and just have the chill air of this winter. Many often come here, but not on the date of winter season because… well you can catch a cold anytime, can’t you?

“You come here often too?” a familiar voice said from behind when I just enter the rooftop. I gasp and turn around to face Taecyeon.

“Not really, I just have nothing to do when every of my friend has their own business right now.” I replied.

“You know, it’s the first time since high school that you actually said a full sentence to me. Usually you just said ‘Morning’ or ‘Hi’ or even just a hum.” He said chuckling. “In the middle school, sometimes you use that ‘full sentence’ when we were accidentally throw in the same group of experiment and field trip, remember?”

I giggled “I remember, and when you had your turn to cook, you were so clumsy and almost failed to cook the rice for our group on the summer camp.”

“And good thing it’s also your turn so then you could helped me back then. I’m now good at cooking!!” He said excitedly, I laugh.

“Really? Well I don’t believe you before you prove it.” I said.

“Ha! It’s not like I said that your cook taste delicious at the summer camp 3 years ago.” He replied.

“I don’t remember I’ve ever asked you about your opinion on my food.”

“I just said that so you’d know about it. I pity you because no one has the guts to say it to you.”

“Oh, thank you then. My cooking doesn’t taste delicious? Never eat it again, okay?”

“How could I know that you’ve improved or haven’t if I don’t eat it?”

“Well I’ll just ask somebody who is willingly to taste my awful food.”

And that never ends argument got cut when someone also enter the rooftop.

“Taec! So you’re here! I’ve search for you since ever.” Minah, the Queenka of my school said. “And who is this good-at-nothing girl?” she asked.

“Oh, so you were searching for me? Actually I hope you’ve never found me, and you see, this good-at-nothing girl…” Taec cut his own word while looking at me. I feel a knife stabs me from the back when Taecyeon said the word ‘good-at-nothing’. I don’t care if Minah said it, but Taecyeon… “Is my beloved childhood friend, so if you have the guts to lay a hand on her, I’ll also have my guts to break that pretty face of yours.”

I secretly sigh in relieve, and look down to hide my wide smile of Taecyeon’s sarcastic words to Minah. ‘Beloved childhood friend’? Me? LOL Taecyeon, we’ve never even closed to one another for god’s sake.

“I never know you have such an ugly childhood friend, Taec.”

“And I never know I’d hear that from someone uglier.” Taecyeon shrugged and take my hand. “Come on Heeyoungie, don’t waste our time to talk to this thing.”

“Thanks for the compliment, Taec.” I heard Minah mumbled but I don’t really care, what I care right now is my heart that won’t stop beating so fast because Taecyeon still hold my hand.

“Taecyeon-ssi…”

“Just ignore her.”

“Taecyeon-ssi…”

“What is she wants actually?! You’re not ugly, okay?”

“Taecyeon-ssi…”

“And I really do think she’s uglier.”

“Taecyeon-ssi!” I called for the 4th time, and this time he stop blabbering, he turns to face me with an embarrass face instead. I giggle. “First, I don’t care about her, okay? And second… could you stop holding my hand?”

“Oh, sorry!” he exclaimed, immediately release it. Sigh, that’s not good for my heart. I finally let out my laughter after that incident.

“What?” he asked.

“Nothing, just…” I laugh again “Heeyoungie? Haha! You were great there! I never like Minah, but I thought you like her or something. Well, she’s pretty, smart, and the Queenka on top of that, she’s just lack attitude sometimes, but she’s nice most of the times. You don’t have to act like that you know.”

“She’s nice? You’re too exaggerating. And if you really meant that, I should say you’re blind.”

“No, really, I accidently saw her feeding an abandoned cat. I walk silently behind her so she wouldn’t realize about my presence. I’ve also saw when she helped a little girl being bullied, and when she took a neighborhood’s dog to walk around the park.”

Taecyeon laugh and said, “You’re really interesting, you know. Okay, she helped that little girl being bullied, but didn’t she just bully you in front of me?”

“Well that’s because she saw us together so she get jealous.”

“What’s that suppose to mean?!”

“Please, Taecyeon-ssi, everyone knows she likes you. It’s just natural that she’s being sarcastic to me, while you’re being sarcastic to her for someone doesn’t even involved in your relationship like me, getting bullied by her. Am I wrong?”

Taecyeon sigh, “I think you’re right, but I don’t think I was angry with her because you’re not involved or something’s like that, but it’s because you’re my friend, that I don’t like her bullying you. She’s never even being my friend officially, she just hang around me anytime she wants. I don’t care about her, so I don’t give a damn what would she do to me. But I will definitely angry when she tries to pisses my friend off like that in front of me.”

“Friend, huh? We were never officially being friends too, by the way.” I said, laughing.

“Geez! I don’t care, I consider you as a friend whether you want it or not. I’m your friend, and you’re Mine now, get it?”

“Yeah, yeah whatever~” I chuckled.

“Oh, and just call me Taecyeon or Taec. I don’t like it when you called me with formal thing.” He said. Oh no, Taecyeon, don’t make me hope too much, could you? Sigh.

“Taecyeon, I’ll just call you Taecyeon.”

“Why not ‘Taec’? It’s easier that way.”

“It’s my decision what to call you.” I stuck my tongue out.

“Tsk, whatever. By the way, I want to introduce you to my circle of friend. How about it?”

“No thanks, you are enough to make me hated by your fans if they found out. I don’t want to be involved in your group as well.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, that's the first chapter! give me comments and subscribe if you like it, ne~?:D