Treasured Time

Unrequited love?

 

Hi my 6 subscribers and other readers! I actually wrote this chapter to relax from the conflict a bit. So I really hope you enjoy it! Please subscribe and support me more, I will be really happy! <3

 


 

Suzy glances over her shoulder, the group are still there. She gives her attention back to the book she was reading and the music she is currently listening. She doesn’t bother to take a part in the conversation because she has the book in her hand. The so-called self-study hour is just plain boring for her. Why has their teacher had to attend such meeting? She sighs. At least she has the chance to finish this book now.

Her friends are chatting happily, and she could hear it through her earphone though she has no intention of joining them. Just a feel of someone company her is enough. As the group’s laughter grows louder, she gives up and decides to flip the book close, turns her body over to join whatever it is they are sharing instead.

“What are you guys talking about? You were too loud.” Suzy asked and rolled her eyes, a slight hint of being annoyed showed in her narrow brown orbs. Everyone zip their mouth shut, eyes widen at the sudden motion of their once anti-social friend. They look at each other, wishing to find answer on another’s face.

“Uhh… something?”

“Just what is that something?”

“You needn’t know, you Ms. Antisocial, please come back to your book.” Doojoon teased. Suzy frowns as the others laugh, but offer no words to push the case further.

For almost a week now from the self-study time, she feels as if her friends are avoiding her. There will only one person to accompany her, when the rest are nowhere to be found. Like today, example, Heeyoung said she was called by Chansung and Junho, Dara said she had to go to the dance-practice room to meet with her friends, Bom, Chaerin, and Minzy. Junhyung said he was going to the music room because the teacher called him, while Doojoon said he was in aid for the infirmary room, helping Dongwoon.

So it leaves the conclusion that today Gikwang is the only one who can go home with her, when usually, they go home with at least 4 people. She can’t figure it, are they avoiding her? No it’s not possible, if they are, there will be no one to keep her company.

“Gikwang-ah, do you know why the others can’t be here as well with us?” Suzy asked skeptically.

“W-why did you ask? Hadn’t they already told you?” Gikwang stuttered for the sudden question Suzy asked him.

“Whatever.” Suzy rolled her eyes. Gikwang’s not going to tell him, Suzy knows that, and she knows whatever the excuses are, they’re just avoiding her, hiding something from her. That’s plain annoying.

It’s exactly a week already. And now, not a single one of them is here. They are simply pissed her off. Really what’s gotten into them? Well she’s just got back from dance club activities and it’s almost dark, although for her to know, Dara and Gikwang attend the same club as her, but today the two of them are amazingly nowhere to be found.

She ruffles his hair in desperations. She sighs, there’s no way they’re angry or something, right? No, she hadn’t done something she thinks will upset them. She sees the clock, 6 p.m. now and she has to go back home. She doesn’t like walking through the way of her home in the dark that much, alone to add.

She steps his feet down on the road, silently humming a song titled Goodbye Baby with his iTouch. She likes the song too much, and never really gets bored of listening to it. It’s almost her house down that road, in the housing area not so far from her school. She finally arrives. Something’s odd, no lights inside, while the two of his cars parked on the garage. If there are cars, her parents should be home, but when she looks from outside the door, her house is like it’s lifeless.

She shrugs. Maybe her parents are away to convenience store without using the car. She takes out the spare key of the front door of his house from his bag, using the key to crack the door opened.

In a blink of an eye, something soft hitting her head, pouring whatever-it-is inside it onto her face. Suzy closes her eyes for it-seems-like-powder-things not getting into it.

Damn.

She curses under his breath. When she opens her eyes, the lights are fully on, giving her too much light through her eyes, making it narrowed. And in an instant, confetti is being pulled open right in front of her head, making the sound of outburst going too loud for her ear, and the things in the confetti rush to her now covered-with-flour face.

Holy Heaven.

She didn’t know what was happening before the others before her shouted, “Happy birthday Suzy!!”

She blinks confusedly.

“Birthday?”

“Oh come on, don’t tell us you forget your own birthday!” Junhyung exclaimed, laughing happily at his friend facial expression, and mostly just because of her ridiculous face.

“It’s 10 October remember? I see now that you’re getting old, your memories are getting blur.” Heeyoung stated, gaining laughter as the said person pouted. But her pout is quickly replaced with a wide smile. She moves forward to Heeyoung, opens her arms as the other replies the gesture. They hug each other and Suzy let go of Heeyoung when she knows she has 4 others for her to give a big hug too.

“Happy birthday Suzy-ah!!” Suzy turns over to the source of the sound, which is from the outside, revealing 7 people with big smiles there. The girl with the same faces as Heeyoung however, bringing a strawberry cheese cake with her hands.

“Sungyoungie!” Suzy exclaimed, knowing too well who the very person is. She looks at the newly-arrived others as her excited look never leave her face. “Junsu and Nichkhun Oppa! Taecyeon, Wooyoung, Junho and Chansung too!” she shouted.

“Blow the candle, Suzy-ah!” Dara said almost as excited as the said birthday-girl.

Suzy obediently close her eyes, wishing for the best of the year and for her friends to be always here for her like this, no matter what happen. She opens her eyes, then without hesitation blow the candle off, leaving smokes traced on the air. The others presences clap their hands, anticipating who will have the first cake from Suzy.

Suzy takes a slice of the cake, putting it on a small plate. She chops the already small cake into two, slightly making the cake even smaller. The rest watch her in confusion, but came to realization as she pulls both Dara and Heeyoung closer, giving the first cake to the two. Both girls blush as they receive the cake from their best of friend, but smiling and accepting the cake gladly.

“Suzy-ah.” Suzy turns around to hear her name has been called out. She sees her parents been standing between the door frame that parted the living room and kitchen. Suzy runs, hugging her parents tightly, almost choked tears out. “Happy birthday.” They said, patting their daughter’s head.

“Thank you, Mom, Dad.”

That night is a blissful night. They are all laughing happily, then Suzy figured, when she read the book last week while listening to her iPod, the others were talking about how her birthday should be celebrated. She pouted, blaming them for almost made her think that they’re angry, or upset about something.

“Oh, right, forgot to tell you about something. Starting tomorrow, Sungyoung will be in the same school as us!” Heeyoung announced. The others have that shocked face at first, but it change to cheers in a second.

They are exhausted from the event that day and now lying lifelessly in tiredness on the floor of Suzy’s living room. Suzy tells the girls to go to a room, while letting the boys sprawling still, because there are no more rooms available. Despite the fact every one of them has school the day after, they up till midnight and carelessly talking, joking, just simply having fun with each other. They don’t mind, that time is definitely a time they will treasure.