Four.

Housekeeper's Son. [discontinued]

"It okay. Go ahead and cry. Let it all out." 

He put his hands around my waist and pulled me toward his body. He put my head on his shoulder and just hugged me. He hugged me until he felt that I was better. 

Ever since then I couldn't forget that hug. I kept repeating it over and over in my head. As if I wanted to relive that moment. Just thinking about that makes me angry. The hug was from him. I'm not supposed to get along with that guy. What I mean is I don't want to get along with him. The housekeeper told me he was just staying here temporarily. Just how long is temporarily? He's been here for two weeks already. I just want him to quit messing with me. I'm already confused as it is. I've never met anyone like him before. Someone who doesn't hate me because of my background. Or maybe he secretly hates me and is just teasing me to piss me off. I must find out.

Today's Tuesday, he goes out around this time. I'm going to follow him and see what he's up to. 

I made my way downstairs and quietly walked to the kitchen. I drank a glass of juice as Tao finished his breakfast. I poured more juice in my glass and watched Tao get up from the table. Does he know I'm watching him? I bet not, I'm not making it obvious.

Tao placed the dished in the sink and left the kitchen. I followed him and saw him go into his room. I waited outside his room for a couple minutes until he came out. He was wearing his jacket so this means hes leaving now. I grabbed my jacket and left the house a couple minutes after him. I don't want him to know that I'm following him. Either wise he'd think I'm a creep. Don't want him thinking that. Wait, I don't even care what he thinks.

Tao was headed to the grocery store. I held up a magazine and bought some cheap sunglasses on the way. I need a disguise to follow this weirdo around. He placed various baking supplies into his cart. He had cake mix, frosting, sprinkles, milk and eggs.  Is he baking? So he likes to bake. Hah, what a guy. He bought those supplies and headed out. I followed him from behind. He was headed home this time. Thats it? Does he buy baking supplies every Tuesday? How is this suppose to help me? I didn't figure anything out about him. This was just a waste of time. 

I went upstairs to my room and just threw myself on my bed. I wasted a whole day following a guy I can't stand. All he did was walk around and go grocery shopping. Why do I ever bother with him? Just because he gave me a hug. It doesn't mean anything. If I were him I would have done the same. 

I was about to drift into a nap when the phone rang.

"Hello?"

[Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Kirseu! Happy birthday to you! How are yah lil bro?]

Birthday? That's not today, is it? 

I quickly pulled up my calendar.

I'm such an idiot. How could I have forgotten my own birthday? I usually am excited because my older brother always calls me. Just on this day. 

[Hello~ Kriseu?]

"Ah yes! Thank you!"

[haha did you do anything special? Last year you went shopping.]

"Yeah, I went grocery shopping."

[Fun! Hey I have to get going. Just wanted to congratulate you! See you!]

"Bye."

Oh my gosh. Today's my birthday. My brother actually called me even though he was mad at me because of what happened with that guy. I can't believe I missed my own birthday. I feel so sad now. The day is almost over too. Just half an hour left.

"Kris-ssi, you are wanted in the kitchen." The housekeeper knocked on my door. What does she want? Can't she at least leave me alone on my birthday?

I put my slippers back on and headed to the kitchen. The light was off. Why does she want me for? I the kitchen lights. There was the chef, the housekeeper and Tao standing behind a cake.

"Happy  Birthday!" Tao cheered on his own. The other two were just there. 

"How did you know?" So that's why he bought baking supplies. Wait, did Tao make the cake himself? Why?

"My mom told me. I made you this cake!" The chef and housekeeper left the kitchen after supposedly greeting me. 

"You made it?" He did. oh my gosh, I'm speechless.

"I thought you knew. We did go grocery shopping together, no?" He winked.

"..." My face turned bright red. He noticed me following him?I feel so embarrassed now. I want to die.

"Come on, heres your cake." He pushed it towards me.

I looked down at it and felt tears come down. I haven't had a birthday cake in eight years. I smiled and cut myself a piece of the cake. Tao dipped his finger in the frosting and put some on my face.

"What a cutie!" he laughed. He then cut himself a piece of the cake and ate it. "Do you like it?"

"It's delicious!" It really was. It was the best cake I have ever tasted. "Thank you."

"No problem!" He smiled and enjoyed the cake too.

For the next two hours, we just sat at the kitchen table and got to know each other. He's not a bad guy after all. I think I might even like him....as a friend of course.