Three.

Housekeeper's Son. [discontinued]

"Kris-ssi, wake up, breakfast is ready." The house keeper called from the other side of the door. 

I don't want to get out of bed today. It's Saturday, the first day of the weekend. The day when you're supposed to hang out with friends and talk about the most random things. I honestly wish I had friends. I wish I was close to people. Sadly no one ever talks to me. They admire me from afar; they hate me from afar. I haven't really had a proper conversation with anyone. I didn't ask for this. 

I guess I'll just do what I do every Saturday: sit at home watching movies.

"Kris-ssi, please come downstairs." 

I dragged myself out of  my comfortable bed. I changed into some sweats and went downstairs to the kitchen. 

"Good morning." He smiled from the kitchen table. 

I had almost forgotten that he was even here. I'll try to get along with him. 

"Morning." I took my seat at the table. 

"Kris, long time no see."

"Dad!" My dad had finally came home after two weeks. He must have been really busy. I'm happy to see him.

"How's school?" My dad asked as he sat down next to Tao.

"It's going good, I guess."

"Great." He read his morning newspaper.

"How long are you going to be home this time?" My dad is always leaving for work. I miss him a lot, him and mom. I haven't seen my mother in a year and two months. She's currently in Paris working on her newest fashion design. I still talk to her over the phone from time to time. 

"Just today. I'm going on a business trip to America tomorrow morning." He drank his coffee.

"Oh." So I'll just see him today, huh. Well it's not like he's ever home. They're never home. It's like I don't even have a family. I live with a crabby older woman who hates me, a chef who never talks to me and a weird guy who is way too comfortable here. 

"Is there anything you would like to do? I'm free today."

"Really?" Is he serious? I haven't spent time with my dad since I was three.

"Yeah." He continued to flip through the paper.

"Well they did open up a zoo nearby." I have never been to a zoo before. 

"The zoo? Aren't you a little to old for that?"

"I guess so but I've never been to a zoo before and well we don't have to go there. It was just a suggestion." What am I five?

"No, it's fine. The zoo it is." 

"Cool." This is great! I finally get to spend time with my dad. It's like I"m three all over again. This is the best. I'm so excited. 

"Sir you have a call." The house keeper went to give my dad the house phone.

"Thank you." My father stood up and walked away.

I continued to eat my breakfast as I felt someone looking at me. I glanced over and saw Tao, just staring at me. We made eye contact and he looked away. Now that I mention it, my dad didn't even say anything to Tao. Did he even notice him? Tao didn't say anything either. 

My father returned from the call and sat back down. 

"It was Mr. Kim. He needs me in the office today. I'm sorry son, the zoo will have to wait." 

"Oh, it's no big deal." 

"I will be taking my leave then. Good bye."

"See you."

I'm so stupid. I knew he didn't have time to spend with me. He never does. Gahh, I hate myself for getting my hopes up.  

I got up from the kitchen table and walked to my room. 

"Hey wait." Tao grabbed my wrist.

"What?" I said almost teary eyed. Why am I like this? I shouldn't cry over something so little.

"Want to go to the zoo with me?"

"Huh?"

"Well you said you've never been to the zoo. Since your dad couldn't take you, you know let's go." 

"Tch. No thanks." I shook his hand off. I made my way to my room.

I don't need him feeling sorry for me. What's the big deal anyway? What does he care. I am not sad. I am not disappointed. I don't even care. The zoo is just a place of stupid animals. What do I want to go for? To see stupid monkeys poop on each other? To see birds fly? Who cares...I certainly don't. It just a place filled with filthy animals who poop and eat. Why do people even like going. I...I..I don't even like animals. I slowly felt the tears run down my face. "I love animals." I said as I sat down in my room. I hugged my knees tightly. I love animals. They're so cute and furry. I have always wanted to see a giraffe. They're so tall. The tears continued to fall. It didn't have to be the zoo you know. I didn't care where we went. I just wanted to spend time with my father.

"Kris?"  someone knocked on the door. It was a guy's voice. Maybe it's my dad. 

"Yes!" I opened the door quickly.

"Were you crying?" 

It's just Tao. What does he want?

"No. What do you want?"

"Can I come in?"

"I guess."

He walked in my room and sat on my bed.  He looks really serious. 

"Listen. I understand what you're going through.I know how you feel. My dad was never in the picture either. "

"No you don't." He looked back me with widen eyes. "I've never had a family. My parents were always gone. All my birthdays I spent alone. Every holiday, alone. Not even a friend. No one likes me because I'm the perfect rich boy. I don't even think my mom has ever hugged me or said I love you.I have never hugged anyone. I only played with my dad once when I was three. I've never had anyone. Your mom hates me. Everyone hates me. So don't even say that you know how I feel cause you don't." I was crying. I haven't cried since my dog died when I was five, but today is just a horrible day.

"Kris..."

"Shut up! You don't know anything!" 

"I understand." 

He walked over to me. He wiped my tears with his fingers and embraced me. He wrapped his arms around me. Is this what a hug feels like? To feel someone else's warmth. 

"It okay. Go ahead and cry. Let it all out."

When he said that I cried even more and returned the hug. I felt like everything was going to be okay. I felt warm, safe. I felt that all my troubles would go away as long as he didn't let go. I wish he would never let go. This is something completely new to me. 

"Are you okay now?" He broke the hug. 

"..." I..I just hugged him and liked it. He even smells nice. 

"Kris?"

My heart is beating really fast. 

"I hope we can be friends from on, or maybe something more." He smirked.

"I have a report to write." I slammed the door in his face.

What was that just now. I didn't want him to let go. I like his warmth, his smell. What's going on with me? He was just comforting me because he felt sorry that my dad ditched me. That's all.