San-Chee

Drop It Low

 Dara made a quick run towards the tree in the school mini park. She had left her lunch box there just this morning. Lunch came and she realized that her lunch box went missing from her bag and one cue sprouted from her mind, it was certainly on that tree.

She had arrived there and smiled widely as she looked at her blue lunch box under the tree. She picked it up and frowned. It was as if empty the way it weigh now. to confirm it, she hurriedly opened it and was shock to see it’s empty. Someone has stolen the content of it! She wanders her eyes around and sees nothing strange. She guesses she has no choice at all but to eat her lunch at the cafeteria.

Getting inside the cafeteria, the students looked at Dara’s direction as she made her way to the counter and orders something to eat. She then settled at the corner table ignoring all the strange look form the students. They are whispering with each other and shamelessly pointed her. 

Dara could hear it all. The malicious look of those stupid rich kids and talking her down are no longer new for her since she got used to those smug faces. She seems to abhor her being in the same school as he. She felt like she was playing Geum Jandi in the movie but one thing is for sure, she will not dare fight those spoiled fellas. Who knows it might harm her father’s work. For all she knows the school has bunches of daughters and sons of prominent business tycoon.

 She ate silently without feeling sorry for herself or anything. Unless they won’t harm her, she will not go crazy Jedi and plucked their eyeballs.

“Hio, Missy…can I join?” Dara looked at her round face as she sat on the chair across the table. “I am a transferee here…can we be friends?”

Dara give her a questioning look. The students are eyeing both of them.

The girl chuckled as she followed to where she was looking.

“Hey... I heard you’re quite famous here. Can I ride in your popularity? Do you mind?”

“What are you talking about?” Dara frowned.

The girl leaned over and whispers to her. “I heard that some rich gals are talking sh*t about you.”

Dara blinked in surprised. This girl is really weird despite with the fact that she’s pretty.

“And you want to hang out with this sh*t?” Dara sarcastically asked.

“Yeah. Because I’m an also. I’m Bom, by the way.”

Dara took her handshake. “Dara Park.”

“Oh…we can be sisters ya know. The name’s Park Bom.”

“Welcome to this school and mind you telling this, you are actually talking with a crap like me.” She looked at Bom who was obviously quite glamorous by the way she dressed. “May I recommend you to somebody with the same style as you?”

“Mind you telling this, you are talking to a complete . I don’t like being driven away ya know.” She coolly sips her juice.

Dara just chuckled at her. She just found a real weirdo today.

 

~

 “Did your stomach grow appetite?” Dara just smiled at her mother and took the two sets of lunch box her omma prepared.

“I’m off, mom.” She hurriedly scurried away from the house and rode off to her cousin’s car.

“Did I just see two lunch boxes with you. “ Jay eyed her whole body as she fastened her seatbelt. He thought she might be thinking of gaining weight.

“Yeah yeah…I got a pet to feed. It snatched my lunch yesterday.” Dara just said.

“What a special pet you have.” He just shook his head as he drove off.

~

Ten minutes before the bell rings, Dara put one of her lunch box under the tree and went her way to her first class after sticking a note in it.

 Later that afternoon, Dara came to the tree to pick the empty pink lunch box, she was a little surprise to see her note was taken found a new note stick on the lunch box.

 

 Did you eat the same lunch as me?

 

“Yes pet, I have eaten the same lunch as you.” Dara murmured to the piece of note and went her way home.

The next day, Dara did the same and leave the lunch box again under the tree. Later that afternoon, she picked it up again with her pet’s beautiful hand writing.

 

 Did you make the lunch yourself? It tasted different.

 

Dara worriedly looked up. Maybe her pet did not like her cooking? She should have followed her instinct not to try cooking and just let her mother do so but she was quite persistent on feeding her own pet by her personal cooking.

The next day, she put the pink lunch box again under the tree and went her way to her first class.

Just after she was gone, a figure was coming to the tree. He smiled as he saw the pink lunch box under it. He picked it up and read her note for him.

 

To my pet,

    Sorry about your mommy’s cooking yesterday. Today, your lunch is made by my Omma. You’ll gonna love it! Cheerio!

 He smiled at that and kept the note inside his bag. “I didn’t mean your cooking is bad, girl.” He carried the lunch box with him and once again his mood was lightened up by her simple act. It gives him a calm nerve.

 

~~

“You’re done with your charitable deed?” Bom asked while having their lunch at cafeteria. She had her own lunch box and it was pretty odd to have eaten your homemade lunch in that place. There are some students who were eyeing them but they all managed to ignore them.

“ I’ll be picking up the lunch box this afternoon.”

 At the corner both of the Parks heard the conversation of those spoiled brats and they were giggling cutely as Choi Seunghyun was throwing punch lines. Jiyong was also having fun with them as he too was being cheerful to the girls.

Dara was right in the first place, Jiyong was just acting non-chalant to make him look cool to the girls but obviously his guards went all down and he was showing his real face now. He too can’t resist the presence of those beautiful women around him. He became outgoing and even smiling a lot these days.

“Ya know. To tell you, I really like that deep voiced guy.” Bom suddenly said while eyeing Choi Seunghyun.

“Choi Seunghyun?” Dara asked.

“He was known to be TOP in our agency.” Bom answered.

“Agency? Our Agency?”

“Yeah. I am a trainee in YG entertainment. Hopefully, I will be included in the new girl group of that agency.”

“YG?” Dara looked at her in surprise. “So you are aspiring idol as them?”

“Yeah. Quite so. They will debut first by 4 months.” Dara just nodded but was silently trying to recall something in her mind then her eyes went to her again.

“Say... do you still have difficulty in dancing?”

“Dancing? Wae?”

“Nothing… I was just thinking. If you want to be an idol, you should at least know how to dance. That’s the key, Bommie.” Dara sips from her juice and eats a piece of sushie from her lunch box.

Clearly, Bom was silent thinking Dara’s words. She has the same words as Hyun Suk. The president was always reprimanding her to improve her dancing. Although she has the greatest voice to boast, still it’s not a guarantee for her to be chosen. But one thing confuses her now, how come Dara knew about her difficulty in the agency?

“I perceived your quite a…psychic.”

“Wae?”

“How did you know about me not so good in dancing?”

Dara fell silent and carefully place her chopstick on the table. “I just know it.”

“Mind explaining it?”

“Okay. You said once you hate physical activities, you always complained your aching body when you come to school and sometimes you got small bruises on your legs and arm.”

“So?”

“For someone who hated physical activity that much, it just an indication that you have been constantly practicing on dancing baby.”

“Woah! You are amazing! How did you know about that?”

“I’m just smart, Bommie. I’m good in observing people.”

“I guess I just have to stick around you always. You pretty know the heck outta me.”

Dara tucked her hair behind her hair and give Bommie her innocent lethal grins clearly hiding something behind it.

 

~

Dara’s class was talking animatedly about their three days conference to Jiju island this coming Saturday. It has been decided who will lead the group along their travel and as expected Yoona, Suzy and Tiffany are chosen to be representing the whole class.

“Are you really not coming?” There was disappointment in Bommie’s voice.  She was sitting near at Dara’s chair.

“Yeah.” Dara answered without hesitation.

“I’ll be paying the expense then.” Bom proposed.

“Ani.”

“But why?”

 

“Save up your allowance Bommie. Besides I really don’t feel like going. You should have this opportunity to grind with the guy you like.”

Bommie immediately clamped Dara’s mouth and looked at TOP’s direction. He didn’t hear it, thankfully.

“Yeah. Don’t go Dara. You’ll have me busted when you’re around.”

Dara just chuckled but it was then wipe out when HyunA turned at her direction.

“Hey poor baby? You coming with us?”

Dara and Bommie looked at her sharply.

“This poor baby of yours are not fond of hanging around with plain girls. So I’m not coming.” Dara shot backs.

“You’re calling us plain girls? You are clearly drowned with insecurity girl.” Tiffany crossed her arms. Other girls were giggling at Dara’s expense. Bom was ready to charge her but Dara stops her and smiled at all of them. Jiyong and Top was also eyeing her. They sure cannot go between girls fight so as the other men in the classroom.

“Insecurity? Maybe I am. Wae? Is there something wrong with me feeling that way?” Dara said meeting their eyes.

“So…it goes to show that our tough poor baby has admitted her insecurity towards us. Then maybe you can transfer school instead?” Hyun A suggested.

“I might also consider that. Since imma quite sick seeing wannabies everday. Please excuse me, you still have to continue your agenda right?” Dara then brought her bag with her outside that classroom. Bom tailed her behind while giving smiling at the pissed so called glamour gals.

~

Saturday in Seoul Hospital, she was now inside the hospital room and saw the girl was okay. Although she still have bandages around her right leg.

“I’m sorry about your leg.” She bowed apologetically.

“Nah. That was an accident. Are you fine?” Nicole asked inspecting her whole body. “ I thought you gonna hurt so bad judging your physic. I’m Nicole, you are?”

The girl in the hood looked at her and extended her hands to Nicole.“Cheetah.”

“That was quite…unordinary.” She said smiling.

“I’ll be responsible for your bill, Miss.”

“Ani. Don’t bother.” Nicole worriedly looked at her right feet.

“Is there something I can be of help?” She offered to compensate for her mistake. At first Nicole was just silent then she looked up to her.

“ Cheetah? Do you dance?”

“Mwo?...Wae?”

“Maybe at least you’ve been in a disco or stuff. Do you have experience in dancing? Perhaps cheer dancing during your high school days?” Nicole asked in rapid succession.

Cheetah cannot say a word as she just stared at her.

“I am in trouble now. My group will be performing this night and…I can’t go with this state. Can you replace me for temporary?”

“ Uhm… that- just ask anything but that. I can’t dance.”

“Please. I’ll just give you money for that…just please don’t let me down. The crew is all I have. They need one more performer and I can’t…yet. In this state I can’t.”

Cheetah face palmed herself in frustration and looked at Nicole’s miserable state.

Why on earth must she cause an accident to this girl? Now she is in situation where she can’t say no.

 

~

Author’ POV

 

“ What do you mean you can’t come? You better be kidding us! Accident? When?” Taecyun curse under his breath. All the members were eyeing him now as he paced back and forth.

“What replacement? She’s coming here?” he blew a breath after the call and the rest of the dancers knew there was something wrong.

“Taecyun, Nicole is not coming?” Nickhun asked. Wooyoung also came near them.

“ She calls for her temporary replacement.” Taechyun said as he settled at the back of the van. “ She better be good or I swear.”

“Well…if Nicole had her replacement, she might have chosen a good dancer then.” Gummy said. Just then someone was coming their way. The girl was bringing her pink bag pack.

“Anyeong.” She bowed to them. “Are you Nicole’s crew? I’m cheetah.”

Taecyun didn’t hide his disappointment and let a frustrated groan.

Nickhun looked at her up and down and so as Wooyoung.

“ There has been a mistake strawberry girl, are you really seriously Nicole’s replacement?” Wooyoung asked scanning her wholeness.

“ Do you even know the word dancing? Say, have you been dancing during high school days? In cheer dance perhaps?”

“Yeah. I had joined cheer dancing.”

“Did your group happened to win?” Wooyoung asked her more in round eyes.

“Ani.” She honestly said. “ But I had been-”

“Thank you for your presence, you just gonna let us loose the contest. Thank you very much!” Taecyun grudgingly said as he paced inside the van. The frustrated Nickhun and Wooyoung followed their leader and went inside the van. They are obviously in a depressed state.

“Just let them be. By the way, I am Gummy. Please to meet you Cheetah.”

She took her hand and looked at those three guys.

“Don’t worry about them. Come on. We still have plane to catch.” Gummy ushered her inside. “You really got a cute outfit, Chee.” Then gummy looked at her whole outfit. Cheetah was really like a lost high school girl in her pink bag pack. No wonder those three guys were frustrated seeing her. Cheetah has no traces of being connected to the world of hip hop dancing.

~

XXX The group arrived at Jiju Island at exactly 4 pm and they drove a hired cab to their hotel. Teacyun was still upset as he frowned and looked outside the car.

“Ahm…since I didn’t have time practicing with you guys, I’ll have my own music then.” Cheetah sheepishly said as she noticed that the three guys are clearly upset of Nicole’s absence.

“Great, you even bother bringing some music? What is that? Twinkle Twinkle?” Taecyun sharply said.

“Twinkle Twinkle?” Cheetah laughed out loud. Nickhun, Wooyoung and Gummy had their eyes wide open. She sure knows how to laugh like a man. “ I’m sorry, I didn’t perceive that you like that genre. Should I download that music then?”

“You- how!” Taecyun almost have her bag being thrown to Cheetah when Gummy came in between.

“That’s enough! We need to concentrate now if we want to get the money. We should always expect the unexpected and as you can see, this has come our way this moment.” Gummy said then turn at Cheetah. “ I’m sorry, Chee…but let just work this out ok?”

Cheetah eyed Taecyun then to her. “Ok. Expect the unexpected right?”