Debut

Drop It Low

Dara shouldn't be very nervous right now but waiting for their live stage was quite nerve wracking. This was new to her. She had been in stages countless times but not with a hand mic to sing their song!

Without even noticing it, she had firmly hold her orange mic while staring in a trance. They were currently on their waiting area in the SBS station while their tv monitor inside shown the hosts of the show introducing other group who were also debuting like them.

Bom actually noticed her and turned to her direction while the stylist continued to fix her hair.

 

"Yah...you seem like seeing ghosts." she said while CL and Minzy had to look to Dara and they giggled.

 

"Tokki-ah, nervous still?" CL asked.

 

"Unnie, it's gonna be alright. We've practiced hard. We wont messed up."

 

"What if I messed up? Omo. That would be embarrassing for your girls." Dara said in shaky hands.

 

"Omo. Eottokae? You can't go up stage as nerve wrack as that." CL said while joining her in the sofa.

 

When the event crew had got in their waiting room, remarking them for a standby 30 minutes from now, Dara's nerve shot up to the highest ceiling.

 

"Eottokae?" Dara grimaced while facing their leader, CL.

"Unnie, do mental control. Come one." CL urged and held her shoulders. "Closed your eyes, take a five mindful deep breaths and release. Tell yourself to enjoy the stage. That you're not nervous at all."

 

Dara followed CL's words and felt her nerves were tingling while her muscles slowly relaxing.

 

"Give me five more deep breathes and release." CL urged while Dara followed likewise. "Now show me you're own definition of swag in the stage, Unnie."

 

When Dara opened her eyes,she can't believe how relaxed she was now while she looked at CL with yet another respect. Then her eyes then went to the corner where Jiyong had silently been observing them upon his arrival. He went to check the girls after his recordings with Teddy in the studio, bringing food for the staffs while they happily received the celebrity inside the waiting room.

 

"Oppa, she's a nervous rabbit." CL remarked while GD had leaned over to plant a kiss to Dara's cheek now, a view which actually a natural within YG family. In which the CEO Yang had forbidden the staffs and even the manager to spread the news about the inside house dating of the two since he didn't want any Seven incident while 2ne1 was debuting.

 

"She can't even properly sleep last night." Jiyong smirked while crossing his arms to his chest while looking at Dara's wrinkling nose.

 

"I was only nervous and I'm not a celebrity like you guys to be so used to this kind of pressure." Dara defended.

 

"Unnie, don't forget you're a big celebrity before you decided to debut with us." Minzy corrected.

 

"That's different, Minkie-ah." Dara said while she was ushered in front of the mirror by her stylist to fix her hair and accessories in place.

 

"What's the difference, tokki?"Bom turned to her side. "Who knows we might finally got in the Philippine market. I heard that country still dominated with western RnB."

 

"Yeah." Minzy said.

 

"So do a better job to get Filipino fans, okay?" Bom said but Dara nodded in determination while missing how GD had been looking at her expression the whole time.

 

Not a moment ago, 2ne1 was called to standby in the stage in ten minutes while Bom, Minzy and CL had been ushered out with Dara but Gd had grabbed her for a moment to give her a brief kiss while the stylists and managers shook their heads for being his forward. The moment, they got out the waiting room, it was as if both Dara and Jiyong had shifted into a complete strangers. Since even in the hallway towards the stage, there were prying eyes of reporters and fans with special access to their favorite group. Hat surprise them was the presence of a G-dragon for just a mere debut of a girl group from YG.

 

Beside the stage, 2ne1 waited for the hosts to introduce them and when they were called up, GD had gently pushed up Dara's back along with CL. The audiences in the bleachers were very sure to see Gdragon down the backstage while they cheer for them with a crown light stick waving at him. He bowed to them respectfully, thankful that they attended 2ne1's debut stage. Since all VIPs were informed about him personally training the a girl group called 2ne1 so they came not only to support his project but also the girls who sweep the chart after their fire MV was released last night, earning them an all-kill charts.

His full attention then went to the stage while the VIPs screamed in cheer.

 

"I go by the name of CL of 2ne1!" CL started while the audience screamed with her, singing with them as if they had memorized the song themselves. The girls looked like enjoying the stage so much that it may looked like they're playing around instead of having a debut stage for the first first.

 

GD covered his mouth when an impending smile was about to broke out his lips when Dara's number came. And she looked like a warrior gypsy on her black leotard attire paired with a cute chiffon skirt. Her hair cut like into Cleopatra style but he had no idea how can she still pull off that perfectly to her own taste.

 

When fire was done, GD had clapped his hands along with the audiences while receiving each girls with a hug briefly while to Dara, he lingered for about few seconds before secretly murmuring something to her ear.

Dara casually nodded to GD as if thanking her senior idol and bowed slightly to him that he playfully smirked while following them again in the waiting room.

 

GD had already expected it, but he still felt happy for the girls in getting their first win in the show. And it didn't ended there, when on their every live stages, 2ne1 would received their awards. And even had earned them a monster Rookie award on different shows.

 

2ne1 promotion of fire progressed while incorporating their other stages with other songs in the mini album which again earned them another awards. I don't care had become a hit not just locally but also around Asia along with their fire. Then another song, pretty boy had yet again brought them another sets of awards. Making them the first girl group idol to have such huge success upon debut. They'd been busy touring into fan services locally and had been having request by the international fans as well.

 

Six months before their promotions ended while they were allowed by the CEO a little break with their families since they'll have new project for the next two months. Minzy had gone to her province, CL had joined her family in the US as well as Bom.

 

Dara on the other hand, had been torn between going back to Philippines or granting Jiyong's request over the phone.

 

"But Jiyong, I'll be alone in your place and it's boring." she said.

 

"We're almost done with our music video here." Jiyong said.

 

Dara sighed hearing some distant exchange of words from the other line. Bigbang was working on their ALIVE album and they'd been in New York to shoot for three music videos in there. During 2ne1 promotions, Big Bang had also been working for three months in outside country and that actually made them missed each other too much. Although they promised to text each other every now and then, but it came seldom to nothing at all for straight two days since they were too preoccupied with their own work.

 

"When are you going back to Korea?" she asked.

 

"In three days max." Jiyong said.

 

Dara bit her lower lip, thinking of something, "How about I'll come back here in three days after I visit my mom?" she heard Jiyong sigehd from the other line.

 

"Alright." Jiyong then said.

 

"Okay. That's been settled." Dara said cheerfully while she laid her back to the bed. "How's is it going in there?"

 

"Too cold in here, baby girl." he said.

 

"Isn't it the same here?" She laughed.

 

"Uh uh, got no one to snuggle in here." he said.

 

"Aw that's too bad. While I have my man right beside me now." Dara said while GD chuckled.

 

"How's Gaho behaving without me?" he asked.

 

"Good and obedient actually. He and Daddoong are friends now." she said referring to her cat and GD's dog.

 

"Really?"

 

"I made them or no one is eating."

 

GD laughed at that, "Mean mommy..."

 

"They had to behave and I already asked my manager to take care of them for the moment while I'm gone."

 

She then heard him sniffing from the other line.

 

"Hey are you having colds?" she asked worriedly.

 

"Yeah. I badly need a nurse, girl."

 

"Omo. Have you gone to have IV drip?"

 

"Yeah but it wasn't working well for me."

 

Then Dara heard that he has been called out to have his scene shoot.

 

"Gotta go." he said. "need to activate bad boy vibe now."

 

Dara sighed, "Don't push yourself too hard, bad boy. Love you."

 

"Love you, girl."

 

"Call me back after you're done."

 

"It would be dawn then,"

 

"Doesn't matter. I want to hear your voice." she said while he chuckled and said his goodbye.

 

***

"Okay, that's a wrap!" the music video director called out while all crew clapped their hands while Big Bang had thanked their staffs. Not a while Big Bang had been send to their hotels with GD collapsing to his bed after a hot shower and drying his hair. He then reached to his phone and the clock indicted to three a.m. He bit his lower lip while eyeing Dara's number whether to call for her or not. She might be sleeping right now but he will at one dial.

He then brought the phone to his left ear and heard three rings but she wasn't picking up. GD was about to drop the call when she finally picked up.

"Baby..."Dara's hoarse voice greeted his ear that he smiled.

 

"Hi," he said while listening a ruffling from the other line.

 

"Good boy Gaho..." Dara said from the other line, while he imagined her caressing the little bulldog.

 

"What happen?" he asked.

 

"Oh I didn't notice your call but Gaho woke me up while my face." she said in still sleepy voice.

 

"Nice boy," he said.

 

"Hmm..."

 

"You should go back to sleep..." he said. "I just called after we're sent to our hotel."

 

"It's alright. How are you feeling right now?" she asked.

 

"Much better after I showered." he said.

 

"Good. Come here boy," Dara distractingly said while he suited in listening whatever she was doing. "Gaho asked for a milk. What a spoiled doggie." she said.

 

"I spoil those that I love." he said.

 

"Uhuh. I know that very well." Dara.

 

"And I'm bringing gifts for you, girl."

 

"Ohhh. Looking forward for it." Dara mumbled while she giggled, "See Gaho, your Dada loves me more than you." she bragged while the puppy just barked in agreement.

 

GD just chuckled while they continued to converse until none of them had noticed them falling asleep with their phones.

 

***

Sparrow101:

Oh I miss 2ne1 days.