Start of the Beginning

Drop It Low

Author’s pov

 

It’s pretty hard telling people about their family. Where should she start?

Should it begin to where everything was taken from them?; Or  should it be from the time that their business failed to the great extend that it cost her father’s life?

She doesn’t know where to start. She wished not to tell it but does she have any choice now that it has been asked.

“Sandy?”

“Ah yes. Sorry. I was thinking of the past  and realized that its time for me share a bits of my life before I was here.” She smiled to the camera then faced the host of the talk show. Indeed she has to fake smile when all she wanted to do is to shut up and not remember those painful memories of the past.

When she transferred school at batangas, many of her acquaintances there, schoolmates, classmates and closed friends would asked her life at Korea. Nobody did received such privilege of hearing her stories but now on national tv she would talk about it like its some kind of easy thing to do on her part. But what choice does she have? The people now own her including her private life will soon be revealed gradually to all the people until nothing would be left for her to hide.

As her manager would always say, in celebrity world, you need to accept the fact that people would always be talking about you.

“My family came here in the Philippines after our business in Korea failed. My father ventured on some kind of other business in this country. So he invested our money into it.” She paused and silently swallow the impending hurt on her voice when she continued,” But it turns out that what he did is a huge mistake. His business partners ran away with the money and we were left with nothing but ourselves and our small rented house.”

The audience faces were a picture of sympathy but she hated it. she does not want to be pitied that’s why she never share her stories. But she has to pretend that she is now okay.

“He died two months later out of heart attack.” She smiled sadly clearly not hiding the contempt on her voice.  She’s still very angry and everything is still not okay. “But we recovered from it after a year.” That’s it, pretend. “And I am very happy that I am blessed to win the Star Circle Quest.”

“And we are very happy for your success Sandy.” The host reached her hand to hers and pressed it gently.

“We love you Sandy!” the audiences shout her name and raised their banner with name and face of her.

She smiled and waived at them. No matter how she hides it, a single tear escaped her eyes betraying her into vulnerability.

“Mahal ko kayo.” She ended.

~~

“Jay called out.”

Dara’s eyes was still on the TV. “He did?”

Her mom brought a snack on the table and sit beside her. she joined in watching the talk show that her daughter was in.

“He said to say hi to her celebrity cousin.”

It was only three months later after she won the contest and earn her popularity in the country and Jay was still not used to her being the center of attraction in this particular country. He is always teasing her about it.

“Jay sent you a congratulatory gift by the way. It arrived last night.”

“It did?” finally her eyes rested on her mother.

“I put it on your room. Didn’t you notice it?”

“No. I was tired so I slept.” She stood up and went to her room. After her Manila tour with Hero, the manager drop her off her house around 1AM. So, she got not time to check what’s new inside her room.

The last question of the host to her was all about her love life.

“No I was available gal in Korea until now.” the Sandy on the tv lied. Of course she has to because that is what the manager taught her. She was paired to her fellow winner contender in SCQ, Hero Angeles and they are now promoting their love team for their upcoming theatre movie.  According to people they both have a strong chemistry since Hero has a slight resemblance of being Japanese because of his chinito eyes.

Dara heard her mom asking something but she doesn’t answered any of it since all her attention were on the stack of CD’s inside the box that Jay sent for her. there’s a note stick into it.

These have all the things happening in Korea.Check them out.

She snorted in response, not even bothered on Jay’s motive why does he have to update her on the happening in Korea. She set those aside and decided to watch it later. She checked the other items and found some beauty products with notes stick into it again.

 I saw your interview. Are you tanning your skin?

There are two sets of Toner Splitz, 2 sets of whitening lotions and 1 box of Gluta soap on the box.

“Gezz, such a fuzz over my skin.” Dara murmured and set them aside to check the other item and saw one for her mom. She brought them to her mom.

“Mom, tis one for you.”

Mrs. Park saw her own set of skin refining products. “Oh Jay is really generous.” She shook her head and accept them anyway.

Dara sat beside her mom and saw that the interview was over. Her mom switched the channel to her favorite pinoy series. They both joined watching them since they move in the country to better learn the language fast.

“Jay told me that our house was sold to a family.”

Dara remembered saying to their house in Korea that she will come back to get it back but now it is somehow impossible because things got out of hand when they get to live in the country. Joining a national TV contest and being a celebrity was never one of her plans at all. but it was the unplanned that got them into their new house that she won and provided them a stable financial income.

“That’s alright mom. I got a job here and from here on we will start anew.” She said it. “ And  besides, we got debt to be paid around here and not to mention to Jay too.”

“Yes I understand, dear. “

“Let’s just move on, mom and we will be good to go.”

 

 

~~~~

“Stop! Again. From the top.” Comes a monotonous voice from the practice room.

All the trainee in the room looked at the wall clock and sighed. It hits 2 am but somehow this guy in front of them had no plans of stopping until everybody get the right step all together.

It was past 3 am that they wrapped it all up. The trainee had been dismissed and they all readily scampered at the top of the building to rest. As to the rest, like Bom, Chaerin and Minzy, they go home each time.

Bom drank a good amount of water and so as CL. Mizy was sitting on the couch catching her breath for a while. Their eyes looked up to the person that has been torturing them for the past months. The evil creator of the next girl group.

“Next month, we will start rigid vocal training. Its advisable for you three to move in here the building.” Taeyang followed GD after having a word to the three girls who just nodded at his words.

 

~~~

 

It has been three years since then. Letting go is easy and moving on is the hardest.

 

That is what she realized now that she is staring at the screen.

It was him.

She already let go of the past but when she is alone on her room, the pain was still there. its not the unspeakable break up between him and her that bothered her but the fact that she didnt have any chance to say a proper good bye to him.

Rude. Yes.

And she has no right to be in his life again. Most especially now.

Top artist in the world.

Most sought after bachelor.

And many things beyond any ordinary artist can achieve.

He is everything right now.

And that includes all the scandals inside and outside the country.

Drugs,women and plagiarized songs of Jay-Z.

He had it all but Yg always managed to cover everything to protect the G-dragon in the agency.

As proven on how he is still rising continually despite all.

She had finished the third CD and stared at the wall clock. 1AM. No worries for a long sleep she’ll enjoy since she was given a week of break before she and her fellow stars will gonna go in provinces for another tours.

She turns off her laptop and rest on her bed.

Staring at the ceiling, she could still have GD and Taeyang’s music on her head. She bet her friend Dasuri is making another dance cover on the MV of those artists. She’ll gonna visit there one day within this week.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Sparrow101:

Update peps

I will be working out with this book two banner. wait for iot and thank you for reading this.