Preps

Drop It Low

 

 

There are many trainees who had been anxiously waiting in line in hope that they will be chosen for the next debut line.

 

CL, Bom and Minzy had been evaluated with high score consistently making them a nice front line to represent YG ladies.

 

When Pink Punk was done on their performance, the four girls bowed to the ever strict Sajangnim and what makes them more nervous is the presence of the bigbang's leader who kept his straight face while holding his own evaluation sheets.

 

"Next, Sandara Park." My Yang called out while secretly glancing at Jiyong who bowed to hide his smirk. "You better keep that smile off your face, Jiyong." He said in low voice that only them can hear.

 

"Doesn't matter. She's already pass by my standards," he responded in low voice too while tentatively showing him his evaluation for Sandara Park in perfect score. Mr. Yang can almost choke Jiyong if not for the wary eyes of the trainees in the practice room.

 

"She's not even performing just yet, kid." he hissed.

 

"Well, that's me." Jiyong said.

 

When Dara came in front, Bom stood up and was even in a verge of running towards her If CL hadn't stop her. There were murmuring around the room but she ignored them, while she concentrated for her performance which she prepared for five days she's been in Jiyong's own pad. Jiyong had stayed true to his words about paying the cost for the breach of contract and the arrangement of the legal things in the Philippines. Belle had even called her that someone had paid her dues and ABN was suddenly silent about the issue. So basically she is jobless for now. Of course she let Hyorin know about it and the woman wasn't even sorry saying that she'll take care of her from now on. The prick.

 

"Please introduce yourself." Mr Yang started.

 

Dara let a nervous breath out before speaking, "Hi, I'm Sandara Park." she said.

 

"That's all?" Mr. Yang said in monotone.

 

"Ah yeah," she answered.

 

"Oh come on. Wont you brag about your acting career in the Philippines? It might help your audition." he added which confirmed the suspicions of all the trainees inside the room. "You even danced along with Big Bang in YG family concert and music shows."

 

Dara chuckled nervously while scratching her cheek. "Ah yeah. But I don't think it will help me much if I messed up in the audition."

 

Mr. Yang looked at her intently for a moment before nodded in consideration. "So what did you have this time, Ms. Park?"

 

Dara briefly stare at GD and a little bit scared when she realized that she's before the most popular artist. He had been mentoring her and she might messed it up.

 

"I'll dance."

 

"I saw you dance. You're exceptional on it." Mr. Yang said in matter of fact tone.

 

"I'll rap?" she said.

 

"Heard you rap in your first audition. You got flow. Show me something new." Mr. Yang said.

 

While Dara openly glanced at GD in alarm look because they only practiced rapping.

 

"I might chose you for 2ne1 without further training, Ms. Park." Mr Yang said which garnished murmurings among the trainees. He pointed to Bom, CL and Minzy. "Those girls have been training for years and I tell you they are power house vocalists and dancers. So surprise me, Ms. Park."

 

Dara bit her lower lips nervously before closing her eyes to control her mind and nerves, something she would always do when she's nervous. When she seemed to feel okay, she excused herself for a moment before giving her phone to the one operating the audio. She came back in the middle with a hand mic this this time.

 

She nodded to the operator before she hum in low voice while closing her eyes in concentration.

 

 

 

 

 

(Author's note: Let's pretend it's not Billie Eilish song XD)

 

Party Over- Billie Eilish

 

Don't you know I'm no good for you?
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
Tore my shirt to stop you bleedin'
But nothin' ever stops you leavin'

[Chorus]
Quiet when I'm coming home and I'm on my own
I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that
I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that

 

 

The whole vicinity was with sudden silence while they had their undivided attention to the woman who had her eyes still close as if talking to the ghost of her past.

Dara slowly opened her eyes while directing her eyes to G-dragon.

 

 


[Verse 2]
Don't you know too much already?
I'll only hurt you if you let me
Call me friend, but keep me closer (Call me back)
And I'll call you when the party's over

 

 

 

As if the message was meant for him and everyone felt the depth of such words in the song.

[Chorus]
Quiet when I'm coming home and I'm on my own
And I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that
Yeah, I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that

[Bridge]
But nothin' is better sometimes
Once we've both said our goodbyes
Let's just let it go
Let me let you go

 

 

 

Literally everybody was in a verge of tears when Dara began to shed a silent tears and continued to sing an almost lullaby song to someone she wanted to deliver the words with.

She closed her eyes again trying to control her shaking voice but she hold firmly the mic.

[Chorus]
Quiet when I'm coming home and I'm on my own
I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that
I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that

 

Dara hummed again before ending the song and her eyes to the floor. She never knew she can be able to sing it, much more in front of him, the muse for that song.

It took a few moment before somebody clapped from the audience of trainees. It was Bom's while still wiping her tears away. The others followed too.

Dara wiped her own tear stricken face before she bowed to them then to Mr. Yang who shook his head in response and Dara thought it was a bad indication. She don't even want to face Jiyong when Mr. Yang would announced her rejection.

"May I ask who is the singer of that song, Ms. Park. Seemed unfamiliar to me." Mr. Yang said while scribbling on his sheet.

"Uhm. Me?" Dara answered unsure.

"I mean who composed it?" Mr Yang followed up.

"Me, sir." she answered to which made the president looked up.

"You composed it?" he asked not hiding his astonishment.

Dara smiled shyly before nodding. "It's not much. I just played my guitar one day and that happen."

"for whom do you dedicate the song, Dara?" Gragon finally voiced out.

Dara wanted to point him but she thought otherwise before answering, "for the little pet I missed when I left to Philippines." everyone giggled at her answer but GD just stared at her in silence.

"now ladies and gentlemen pay attention," Mr Yang suddenly announced while Dara slowly went to her seat but Yang stopped her. She stood still to her spot while he finished his announcement. "what you just witness is gold. Now if I have golden buzzer with me, Sandara Park could have won it. That is what you call an art. Raw and moving. Please let's give her an applause for making it to 2ne1 girl group."

CL, Minzy and Bom actually scream in delight and immediately run towards Dara who was still in disbelief while looking around to the trainees who applaud her. Then her eyes met the proud eyes of GD who applaud with them.

Mr Yang leaned over GD's ear, "Just telling you, I'm ready for fail her if she wont meet my standards but she ended up superceding it.

"I've been telling you that she's something," GD said in low voice.

"Yeah, yeah." Mr. Yang dismissed while he straightened up to end the evaluation, "Everyone please settle down."

The trainees calm down while their eyes to the CEO. Dara sat with her band mates now. Every now and then, both GD and her would throw stolen glances to which didn't escaped the eyes of 2ne1.

"as for 2ne1, you'll be debuting by next month. Recording will start next week." Mr. Yang announced while the trainees clapped their hands for them while 2ne1 bowed.

***

Later that night, the line up for 2ne1 was finally revealed. Dara felt her emotion surging after watching the announcement. She felt him caressing her shoulder and planted his chin to her shoulder.

She had stayed at his place while she was still looking for a place to stay for. Of course it was kept secret to the company and to the media or else scandal would occur under Gdragon's name. She doesn't want that.

"Is that song really for me?" he asked after a while can't still get rid of the emotion it brought him.

"Yeah, don't ask. It's embarrassing you know." She said.

"Wae?"

"I mean hello. I'm singing it before an artist with many songs hitting charts." she explained.

GD just shook his head, "you didn't know you create an impact inside that room, Dara. Mr. Yang felt it too. That simple song for your pet."

Dara chuckled, "thank you so much,"

"no baby, thank you." GD said.

 

***

For one month, Dara was literally almost sleeping in the studio with the rest of the girls for the recording, music video shootings and choreography practices.

Gdragon had been closely monitoring them after Big Bang's promotions since day one and Dara could have never been more thankful since there could be someone she can ask if she had question regarding her tones in the song, her choreography and almost everything. While Dara tried to be distant while they in the agency but GD just don't a damn to everyone's eyes in the agency as he openly approached Dara and sometimes placed his arm to her shoulder while she scandalously whispered to him but he would just chuckled at her while not letting go.

There was one time after their last practice for the song of their debut song, CL, BOM, Minzy and Dara collapsed in the floor after they're done. They lied in the floor in sweated shirts while heaving a heavy breath. It was already midnight and they're tired a crap but GD had urged them to change and invited them up his floor. The girls just nodded in agreement and Bom offered Dara a change clothes but Jiyong already got her change into his floor with his clothes there. They weren't even surprise with how open Jiyong can be when it comes to his affection to Dara. Everyone in the YG already knew about the deal between the two of them and the president had warned them to be careful since Knetizens are scary.

After CL, Bom and Minzy showered and changed they met at Jiyong's floor and went together to his door. They were instructed not to knock on the door and just open it. The three girls were greeted with Jiyong laughing so loud while Dara doubled up in silent laughter.

"Hey! My turn, you tease!" Jiyong nudged to Dara who wasn't near done laughing while her face reddened so much.

"Wai--hahhahaha!" Dara held up her hands as if giving up on their little games.

Bom came to join them and looked at the tower puzzles they're playing.

"Not fair. You both have started already!" Bom said.

Jiyong noticed them and made them sat on the couch while both Dara and him went to the kitchen counter and brought food they prepared while ago to the living room.

"We can start over again," Dara said while giggling. She then faced Jiyong, "hey are they coming?" she asked him.

"Yep. They're down the floor already." Jiyong answered while checking his phone.

 

Not a while, the Big Bang came in Jiyong's residence and had some chicken and beers secretly tucked in their bag pack.

 

That night, Big Bang had opened champagne for the sure success of 2ne1 girl group of YGE while they had so much fun without the watchful eyes of their managers since they had been reassured that they will be hanging out at Jiyong's floor.

 

 

***

 

Sparrow101:

 

2ne1 debut coming right up!

 

Upvote and Comment fellas!

 

Love love love!!!!!