Parted

Drop It Low

 

One time when Dara and Jiyong had  their spare time, the latter discussed about something.

“I am planning to form a girl counterpart of bigbang.”

Nibbling on her ice cream, Dara looked at her side. “You are?”

“Yeah. Lots did the audition and I was thinking that you should try it too.”

The silence of the surrounding made her think clearly before she responded to him. “When is the audition?”

“It started just last Saturday and tomorrow is the last screening.” He put his arm around her shoulder while matching his own paces to her. “But I’ll be out tomorrow for our Melon awarding.” He even made a scowl on his face.

“Should I dance?”

“Try with a rapping thing. It’s really the trend today.”

Although she knew she can’t possibly have the confidence in that field, she nodded to him otherwise.

“But don’t expect too much, kay?” She said to him but he just scrunched his nose before he leaned down and kissed her.

“I’ll be expecting a lot from you, Dee. So, see ya.” He even waved at her like a boy while she just smiled to him as she turned to the gate of the apartment.

“Bye.”

 

~~

 

At nine in the morning, the yg agency was filled with all those hopeful individuals who aspire to be an artist. There are a hundred of them and that includes Dara who was staring on the floor, going on the flow of the line until it was her turn.

She made into the room where she usually had a dance practice with Seven. She saw a long table with three panel of judges. She does recognized one of them.

“Good morning, president.” She bowed.

YG eyed her for a moment. “Cheetah. So you decided to come back with a twist now. You want to be an artist?”

Dara slightly scratched her cheek while nodding in reluctance. Before this monster president, all her confidence would go in a drain. Somehow all of her fellow auditioned fella felt the same thing.

“Show me what can you do aside from dancing.” He ordered.

“I’ll do the rap.”

“Okay. Whenever you’re ready.”

Then the stereo began to play a mono beats with minor tweak of organ music. That’s when Dara began to rap.


Yo, I been tight since guiding light.
My pocket's white, my diamond's white.
My momma's nice and my daddy's gone.
Yo, please be scared, cause I'm too wild.
Been here for a while, was like "No trial".
I puts it down, I'm so young money. You got eyes, 
Look at me now! Oohhh!  I’m fresh than a muh-what?

Note: look at me now by Karmin

She ended when a clear impact. Everybody was awed on how such girl rapped so fast like that. She got Gd’s style the way she speak on the mic. Everybody was impressed except for one.

Dara waited for the verdict and the two judges gave her an approval points but YG gave her a no.

“You rapped good. That’s it. You just rapped and I don’t want that. I want an artist at heart. What you say is not what you feel right now. Sort it out and try again next time. Thank you for your time.”

Dara smiled to them before she existed the door with a doubt if ever she could find the time to even sort out that thing.

 

~~~

When she gets back her house, a cargo truck  was parked at the front of her house. All of their things were taken by the bank and includes their house.

“Let’s go.” The father of the family still have this proud stance even by the fact that his family is going down. But this is the person that she and her mother needs. The cargo left and the gate was closed with a tagged hanged on its railings that reads like this: No Trespassing. Private Property.

The parents walked towards the waiting taxi while she remains standing in front of the house.

“I’ll get you back.” She promised as she ran towards the taxi.

~~~

Meanwhile, on YG’s office, after meeting with the Bigbang, GD was left behind intending to ask YG about the audition.

YG sighed knowing fully well when this young artist needs from him.

“Well the girl is quite good.”

“Yes and then?”

“But she needs improvement so I didn’t accept her.”

“You didn’t?” there is a sound of protest on GD’s voice.

“Just a little improvement and I might consider her.”

“She could have improved here in the agency.” he said in accusing tone.

“I know.”

“So? You should have her accepted.” He mopped like a brat. YG could only just shook his head in defeat.

“Jiyong-,”

“I can spare a time to train her.” he insisted.

YG looked at this young artist he reared like his own until he finally found himself on the bright lights of entertainment.

“Alright. She’s in.”

GD gave him a gummy smile. “I’ll pick her up this night.”

“You have your show, GD. So no. Let your manager do that.” He reprimand while he just pouted but nodded when he sternly looked at him.

“Okay. But no one’s gonna tell her about her admittance here, arrasso? I’ll tell her myself.”

“Yeah. Yeah. Surprise her. Yay.” Yg cheered in monotone voice but GD was smiling when he goes out the room.

“Thanks. You got one from me.” GD said.

 

~~~

The manager was sweating profusely while waiting for the Bigbang to finish their live show in Gayun Chart. Next will be an interview of the Bigbang artists.

When GD approached him, he hast this kind of cheery aura while his gummy smiles shows in adorable way.

“Where is Dara?” he finally asked.

You see, Gd’s manager was sure that he had reach all the possible reasons as to how he could deal with this kind of question but somehow his mind went blank and his stupid mouth took over.

“She is not here.”

“What?”

“She’s gone. Her house is empty and the neighbors said that the park traveled to a certain country for business purpose.”

It took GD a few moment before he sprinted forward, snatching his phone from the manager, dialing Dara’s number. He cursed under his breath when the number is no loner available.

He was already outside when the manager finally catch up on him. “Jiyong, you still have interview-,”

But he gets in his car and drive away from the place.

The manager stupidly stood there like he had lost soul on the process. Then is own phone rings and he felt hellish when he saw YG’s number registered as the caller.

“Oh boy…”

 

~~~

Gd’s shoulder hanged limply while he stared at the house of the girl he adored. It was dark inside and the locked gate was the proof that she was not inside.

He dialed her number again but it was answered by the operators’ unemotional voice like it is ignoring how his heart clenched in both panic and rage.

The phone was nearly crashed on the young artist hand when he clenched on it angrily.

“Why!? Huh?! Why?!”

He lashed here and there like a madman while pacing back and forth until he fell down on the pavement. He helplessly looked up to the dark house, unashamed of the fresh tears that ran across his face. He does not understand a thing as to why this happened. Not even a word. She just left just like that.

“What am I to you, Dee?”

There are people gathering around him but he does not even give notice on them. On screen he is a meticulous person but it was pretty different now as he let his head down in dejection.

From then on, the manager could only swore to himself that the GD he will be handling from now on will be more difficult to handle. That if he survived this trial of his first unrequited love.

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

~~~~~~

 

\

             

Dara’s family ventured on a business in the Philippines. Will she find her way to success while watching the Bigbang’s leader continually climbed at the top?

Gdragon was becoming famous as a solo artist. He is well known a player and committed scandal here and there.

 They had their own lives apart and no connections like what happened to them was just a figment of a child’s play.

Will still be love?

BOOK TWO: ARTISTS COLLIDE

Publication on March 14, 2015

Me: White Valentine!!! So, hear from you soon?