Step 9 : Know where you stand

Click, Enter, Love

“Please give me a chance, when you look at me with those eyes I want to hold you in my arms”  ~ Juliette (SHINee)

 

Rin accepted to be his girlfriend. There was nothing he wished more at that moment.

Jonghyun knew that things would be difficult for now on, since she was probably the shyest girl he ever met but he was confident that he would break the shell around her.

“Are you sure?” he asked her still not believing what she said.

“Yes I’m sure! Let’s date Kim Jonghyun!”

He kissed her hand several times and very enthusiastically and she cleared making him stop.

“What do you want to sing?” Jonghyun asked, with a huge smile on his face, trying to change the subject.

“I told you that I’m not good at singing…sorry!”

“It’s ok! I can give you a private concert! What do you want me to sing for you?” 

“I don’t know! A song that you like…” Rin was positive that any song coming from his lips would be a masterpiece.

“Selene?”

Rin stared at his eyes and this time she didn’t move them away from his. He was smart to choose that song. She was the moon and he was the star, now that’s story made sense. She couldn’t forget that talk they had two months ago. Did time go by that quick?! And now that she thought about it she was so quick to accept him as her boyfriend two. They only knew each other for two months…

“I doubt they have that song here!” They probably only had the most popular ones.

“I don’t need music…the feelings are here and the right person too!” Jonghyun grabbed her hand again and Rin got up confused. She liked himm a lot but she felt things were going by so quickly. Only a few days ago he was a no-one like her and now he was an idol.

“Maybe I should go home!”  She told him hesitantly.

He looked painfully at her for a few seconds and then smiled trying to cover his disappointment. He wasn’t quick enough and she noticed it. It hurt to see him look at her like that. She was already making him suffer.

“Fine! Let’s go!” He grabbed her coat helping her dress it and she mentally kicked herself.

She regretted saying that she wanted to go home because she wanted to stay with him longer. Rin was so confused right now.

When he started talking romantic and grabbed her hand she wanted him to kiss her and she got scared. Maybe she wasn’t ready for a relationship after all.

“Can I hold your hand?” Jonghyun asked carefully and Rin once again felt bad for her reaction to his touch.

She didn’t answer and grabbed his hand looking at his beautiful eyes and thankfully for her Jonghyun didn’t say anything and just gently pulled her towards the door.

 

 

They were in his car now and Jonghyun was taking Rin back home.

He was absolutely happy because she was his girlfriend but something was wrong since Rin was acting like she wasn’t in a relationship with him. He saw how she freak out when he grabbed her hand before. He wondered what her ex-boyfriend did to her to make her act that way.

Jonghyun glanced at her and saw her looking outside the window her eyes moving watching the scenery. She didn’t speak at all since they left the norembang and he didn’t knew what to say but they needed to have an important conversation and it must be today not on their next meeting that he didn’t even know when it was going to be. His schedule was packed for the beginning of the year.

“I’m going to take you elsewhere!” He suddenly said and Rin looked at him confused.

It was a crazy thought that crossed his mind. When Jinki started dating he asked the other member if he could bring his girlfriend to the dorm. It was a way to show her how much he cherished her and how he was serious about their relationship. Maybe he could do that too.

Sometimes his hyung had good ideas, and the best part was that he wasn’t at the dorm since he had a date with Lillie. Rin wouldn’t meet her bias.

“Can you stay with me a little longer? I’m going to show you how much I value you as my girlfriend!” He told her stealing a glance.

“I know that you value me…”

“No you don’t! You are afraid of my touch Rin. You still don’t trust me!” He pointed out and she felt a little hurt.

Rin was going to argue with him but it was true in a way. She was still scared that he was playing with her feelings. She mistook her ex-boyfriends feelings before and maybe she could be wrong now too.

“So I’m going to prove to you how serious I am and then we are going to be true to each other and talk about us! Ok?” He kept saying ignoring the fact that she didn’t deny that she was afraid of his touch.

They were only dating for twenty minutes and he was already telling her they needed to talk. That was quick. She smiled at the way he stole glances at her trying to see her reaction.

“Very well Mr. Kim Jonghyun!”

He smiled his eyes never leaving the road in front of him.

 

 

They walked outside the elevator and he stopped at the door of his dorm looking back at her.

“You probably know where we are already…”

“I have an idea…” Rin mumbled still not believing that he took her to his dorm.

She was going to see that apartment outside from her tv screen. And inside it her favorite k-pop group! What if Onew was inside?! She wasn’t sure if she could look at him. He is so shinning!

“We never bring girls here! Only when it’s really serious…and it almost never happens!” Jonghyun kept saying and she tried to keep calm. No fangirling allowed at the moment!

“I understand!”

“So you know how important it is that I’m taking you here to meet my second home!” He wanted to be sure she understood the reason behind all that.

“I know Jonghyun….I get what you are trying to show me…” still that didn’t make her feel less nervous about their relationship. Actually she was feeling even more tense.

He opened the door for her to enter.

“Sorry in advance for the members …” He whispered and she went inside almost trembling. What he meant by that? She knew they were silly but….would they or look down at her?

Rin walked after Jonghyun but her legs stopped obeying when she saw who was at sitting at the sofa.

“Ah…Jonghyun…” Key said getting up followed by a girl.

“Rin!” Lillie smiled openly at Rin but her eyes didn’t leave the man next to Lillie. Onew…her Onew! That perfect human being! A prince!

She saw how his blank expression turned into an amazed delighted smile as he stared from Jonghyun to her. He was even more handsome up close. Lillie was a lucky girl!

“I thought you weren’t going to be here!” Jonghyun exclaimed, not amused, looking at Jinki.He was ruining his plans.

“I am…” Onew answered shrugging his shoulders and Jonghyun sighed looking back at Rin.

She was acting like a fangirl, her eyes not leaving the blonde guy in front of her and Jonghyun regretted bringing her to the dorm. She was probably going to break up with him and try to pursue Onew and he was already making a drama in his head because he was afraid to lose her now that she finally accepted to be his girlfriend.

“This is Rin…my girlfriend!” He said firmly and silence was the answer.

Key gave a step forward and greeted Rin.

“Hi! Nice to meet you! Jonghyun talked a lot about you…” he said trying to break the tension.

“No I didn’t!” The older man said and Rin smiled. Why was Key trying to embarrass him? He couldn’t count with them to make him look good.

“Nice to meet you too! I’m…a shawol!” She was so nervous she couldn’t stop rubbing her hands.

“We know!” Jinki said nodding his head.

He was like an angel! So manly but at the same time incredible cute!

 Then she noticed Lillie watching her and she blushed. Rin was totally admiring her boyfriend. That must be weird.

“I’m glad to see you Rin! “ Lillie said, not a hint of distress on her voice.

“You are friends right?” Key asked Lillie and she nodded.

“Lillie says that you are a really nice person!” Jinki added “you live near here right?”

“Yes…really close! Ah!” Rin exclaimed and grabbed Jonghyun’s arm taking the bag from his hand and the box with cookies from inside it.

Jonghyun stared sadly at her when she opened the box and offered cookies to s.

“I made this! I hope you like it!” She blushed when Key grabbed a little cookie shaped as a bone and laughed.

Jinki took a heart grinning and ate him at once.

“You can also take one!” Rin offered to Lillie.

“Oh No! That’s ok! You made them for SHINee!”

“Don’t be silly! Eat one!”  

Lillie hesitated and Onew grabbed one cookie giving it to her. She ate it smiling but Rin felt that something was wrong.  She wondered if Lillie was angry with her or maybe jealous.

Jonghyun wasn’t looking at her too. He was probably upset that she was giving the cookies she made for him.

“I’m sorry! But the rest of the cookies are for my boyfriend!” Rin said closing the box and giving it to Jonghyun who was surprised.

He grabbed the box carefully. He wasn’t expecting her to do that. He would cherish the cookies!

“They are really good! We can see the love and dedication you had making them! Jonghyun is lucky from having a girlfriend like you!!” Jinki said giving a thumbs up at Rin and she smiled pleased. His smile was so brilliant, capable of filling the whole room. She wondered how Lillie could be around him without melting.

“Yes I am!” Jonghyun said laughing a little weirdly and Kibum chuckled just to stop when he realized the others were acting strange. Only Onew was oblivious to the awkwardness of that moment.  Lillie was jealous, Jonghyun was jealous and Rin was being a normal fangirl blushing at the sight of her bias.

“I'm going to the bathroom!” Lillie said suddenly and left the room.

“Do you like dogs?” Key asked trying to do something. His dogs where always a good way to solve things.

“I like cats more but yes I think I like dogs!” Rin looked at Jonghyun, her favorite puppy.

“Good! Come and meet mine!” Key signaled her to follow him and Jonghyun went after them.

Onew was going to follow too but Rin saw Key push him back to the living room and say something she couldn’t hear.

It was best that way. She didn’t want Lillie to feel bad with her presence around Jinki. Rin liked him a lot but she didn’t have any romantic feelings for him. It was only an infatuation but Jonghyun…

He grabbed one of Key’s dogs and showed it to Rin who petted the animal.

Jonghyun was different!

She couldn’t explain it in words but just being around him made her happy. And the way he looked at her or smiled made her all warm inside in a different way from Onew.

It was too soon to say she loved him since she didn’t know him for a long time but she felt a connection with him.

Also she really wanted that relationship to work out. He was the kind of man she dreamed all her life and now he was in front of her and he wanted her. She was going to do her best!

Rin just hoped he would be able to wait for her heart to open for him.

 


 

Taemin grabbed his skate board and walked home. Since he was not living at the dorm anymore he was used to go alone for a walk or do some exercise. He passed by the restaurant where Yun used to work and he tried not to look inside. He cut all ties with her. Taemin never talked with her anymore and he was trying to erase her from his life and memories.

The hardest part was at night when he went to bed and he tried to fall asleep only to be surprised with memories of her smile and the way she talked passionately about her idea of traveling the world: and when he was singing with the other members, on stage, songs about love, when now he knew what he was singing about.

Lately he was even playing around with his phone writing and composing songs based on his feelings for her or her lack of feelings for him. He was certain that she didn’t love him because if she did she would have never given up on him like she did.

When there is love there is  sacrifice and courage to fight for it. At least that’s what he walys believed. He wasn’t a romantic person but he believed that you could love a person all your life.

Taemin crossed the street and saw Yun walking in his direction with a group of girl friends.

He noticed her first but she quickly recognized him even thought he was wearing any makeup and was his usual normal self with a cap on his head.

Taemin looked at the pavement and covered his face walking on another direction.

Yun quickly said goodbye to her friends and followed him starting running to catch him.

“Hi!” She said grabbing the sleeve of his shirt to make him stop.

Taemin looked at her hiding all his feelings behind a mask. He was a pro at that; even the members sometimes couldn’t read him. Onew was probably the one who could see through him the better and of course his mother.

“Hi!” He greeted her distantly.

“I know that you probably don’t want to talk with me right now but I think I have to explain myself…”

“You don’t have to do anything! I understood everything perfectly last time!”

“Don’t be like that Taemin!” She grabbed his hand and he slowly took it from her hand.

“You have another person, its fine!”

“No I don’t! I broke up with him!”

Taemin let his heart fill with hope but didn’t let his defenses get down yet.

“Why? You were probably perfect for each other!” There was a tinge of resentment on the way he said it.

“Don’t be like that! You always knew what I wanted to do with my life and…”

“There’s no space for Lee Taemin on it! I know already and that’s not a problem anymore!”

“Why?” she asked confused with what he meant.

“I have someone…” he lied blinking his eyes but trying to remain serious. He wasn’t going to be the weak one!

“No you don’t!”

“I do! She is perfect!”

“Common Taemin…I know how hard it is for you to find someone when you are an idol and you are clearly lying to try and hurt me!”

“I’m not! She is my noona ….” He said bluntly talking about the first person who came to his mind, Lillie. His hyung would kill him if he knew!

“Taemin stop! We are not kids anymore and I regret what I did to you…”

“I have someone now so don’t regret it!”

“Oh you do? Then show me a picture of her!” Yun asked knowing that Taemin was lying. It was too obvious. He was just trying to act cool and distant with her.

“I…I don’t have any!”

“Because there is no girl! You can’t lie to me Taemin…”

“Yun I can’t talk with you…at least not now!” He paused staring at her recognizing her features that he loved so much “ You hurt me a lot…I don’t think I can forgive you easily!”

Taemin hesitated, all his body asking him to accept her back but his heart was hurt.

Yun stared at him go away with his skate board under his arm and she wondered what she could do to make him forgive her.

 

 

“This is strange…”

Rin said walking around Jonghyun’s  room that he shared with Taemin. Their beds weren’t made since they didn’t sleep there anymore but they still had some of their personal objects around the room.

“So you talked with me from inside this room?”

“Sometimes! Other times it was from my parents’ house room.”

“This is like a shawol guided visit to the backstage!” she chuckled and Jonghyun smiled sitting on his bed.

“Sit down…we have to talk!”

She sat opposite of him on Taemin’s bed.

“What do you want to talk?” Rin asked still looking around her.

“You probably know Rin….we started talking about it on the car on our way back here.”

“Jonghyun…I told you when you decided to date me, I don’t have a boyfriend for a long time and I’m shy...”

“I know and I like you and I admire you even though you are like that but Rin I don’t get it why you are afraid of me…”

“I’m not afraid of you…” she said admired.

“When I tried to sing to you on the noreambang you wanted to run away…”

“I…I….” she stuttered but his eyes never left hers waiting for her answer and making her even more nervous.

“I wasn’t afraid of you…I was afraid of me!”

“What?”

“You are everything I ever imagined in a man, Jonghyun, and that scares me a little.”

Jonghyun giggled.

“Really? You shouldn’t! “

“I can’t control it…” Jonghyun sat on her side in Taemin's bed and grabbed her hand.

“I don’t want things to go too quickly. I…I’m not good with this but I want you to be patiente with me Jonghyun because I want to be with you…”

“You really like me!” He stated a little surprised.

“I guess I do!” she said looking at the way he gently caressed her hand.

Her eyes left their hands  to his face and she noticed how close he was. His eyes were on her lips and she knew exactly what he was thinking. Wasn’t he listening to her at all?

Rin quickly got up.

“What’s wrong?” he asked confused. Jonghyun wasn’t doing anything!

“You were going to kiss me!”

“I…I was thinking about it…”

“You can’t!”

“Why? You are my girlfriend, right?”

“That doesn’t mean you have the right to just jump in and steal a kiss from me!”

“I wasn’t going to steal…I was going to ask!”

“No you weren’t!” Rin said crossing her arms and Jonghyun giggled.

“Oh you are so cute!” He got up “But Rin….why can’t I kiss you?”

“It’s too soon! We are only dating for a few hours! I just told you I wanted to go slowly!”

Jonghyun pouted and his lips. It wasn’t like he was asking to have with her. It was just a little kiss.

“I bet that if I was Jinki we wouldn’t be having this conversation!”

“What do you mean?”

“You were enjoying talking with him so much on the living room that you almost forgot about my existence.” He was still upset .

Rin blushed and played with the hem of her shirt.

“I do like Onew very much but I would never kiss him….even though he has this soft perfect lips!”

“Oh God Rin that’s just great!” Jonghyun said siting on Taemin’s bed again. “You should date him instead!” He said grumpy.

“Don’t be silly! I don’t feel a hint of romantic attraction for him. He is just my idol who I admire very much!”

“And find his lips perfect!”

“I told you I would never kiss him!”

Jonghyun got up and stepped towards her.

“Then kiss me!”

“No! Not now!”

“When?”

Rin blushed and looked at the floor.

“Someday…I’m really sorry Jonghyun…but please be patient!”

He looked at her pink cheeks and at the way she nervously moved her hands and sighed.

“That’s ok Rin. I will wait because I know it’s important for you to go slow and also because I like you so much that I know that in the end everything will be worth it!”

She smiled at him and stretched her hand for him to grab.

“Can I hug you instead?” he asked grabbing her hand again.

She blushed and thought for a moment before nodding.

Jonghyun grinned and stepped towards her and slowly and carefully encircled her waist with his arms pulling her into a hug.

She hesitated awkwardly before she hugged him  back too. It was so long since the last time she hugged someone like that.

Rin was delighted to see how well she fitted on his arms also he smelled nice and his hugs were warm. She couldn’t help but close her eyes enjoying the moment, a small smile escaping her lips. Hugging him was great!

Jonghyun was on cloud nine too afraid to pull her more into his arms but too reluctant to release her so he decided to hug her until she told him to stop.

They stayed like that for a few minutes.

“I don’t think I will be able to release you…” he said against her hair.

“You should! I have to go home!”

He slowly released her and she couldn’t stop giggling because he was beaming.

“What?”

“And I’m the one who likes you a lot! I think you like me more!”

“I do! I do like you a lot!”

Rin blushed and he took advantage of the moment to pull her into a hug again.

 

 

Even though Jonghyun and Onew were against it since they both wanted to take them home, Rin and Lillie decided to walk home together.

“Why did you want to walk together?” Lillie asked kicking a little pebble on the middle of the street. “Jonghyun was disappointed…”

“They both where…but I have to talk with you!”

“Did Jonghyun try anything when you were on his room? “ Lillie asked frowning. She knew how her friend was and after all Jonghyun was known has the king of skinship.

“No! Not at all! He was a gentleman!” At least he was after the talk they had.

“I’m glad! “

“It’s about Onew!”

Lillie stopped right away.

“It’s ok Rin! He is your bias! I understand that every time you look at him you want to drool…Can’t judge you!” She said giggling.

“I know but it was awkward!”

“It was…and I confess that I was a little jealous but not because it was you Rin…”

“Then...” Rin asked Lillie a little relieved that she wasn’t angry with her.

“You are a good cook, you are pretty and you are Korean! I wish I was all that…it would make things a lot easier If I was little more…gifted!”

“Don’t be silly Lillie! Onew knew how you were when he fell in love with you!”

“I’m not sure about that!”

Rin chuckled and circled her friends shoulder with her arm.

“I can’t make you Korean but if it makes you feel better I can help you with the cooking!”

“Really?” Lillie’s eyes where wide open looking thankfully at Rin. “Then I just need to get pretty!”

“I think you already have that covered up! He fell for you with that face so you don’t have to do anything!”

“You really have a heart of gold! I couldn’t have chosen anyone better for Jonghyun!”

Rin giggled and Lillie walked arm in arm with Rin.

“He really has a big heart Rin. He helped me previously too, even before I came to Korea! I wish you two to be really happy!”

“I hope so too! I’m investing on this relationship even though it’s a madness! He is younger than me and I should be marrying by now not chasing guys out of my reach!”

“Life is boring if you don’t do mad things once in a while!”

“Guess so! I'm just afraid things are going to quick!"

"What did you two do?" Lillie asked confused and amazed.

"We hugged!" Rin blushed while Lillie burst out laughing. " We are dating for a few hours and we already held hands and hugged!"

"I held hands, hugged and kissed Jinki on our first date! Guess i'm a then!"

"Don't say that, you knew each other for a long time when that happened! I'm just to slow....I guess!"

"Oh Jonghyun is going to suffer so much with you! I like it!"

"Why are you saying that!" Rin pushed her playfully "Want to go for a cup of coffee at my place?”

“Why not? We are almost sisters in law now! “Lillie answered giggling.

 

 

“So it’s official!”

“Not official because only s, you and Lillie know!”

Minseo bite the inside of her cheek.

They went shopping together and Rin decided to tell her everything.

“It’s so hard to imagine you with Jonghyun” Minseo sighed while she played with her bag.

“It’s a little unbelievable…”

“I’m not talking about the fact he is an idol. I’m even ignoring that. But Rin he is younger than you and the way he acts around girls…”

“What do you mean by that?”

“You know…The things the other members say about him! That he is good with women and everything!” Minseo avoided looking at Rin and she grabbed her shoulder.

“No! Min tell me!”

The younger girl didn’t want to say it but Rin was her friend and it was her duty has a good friend to warn her.

“At the day of the concert after I found out Lillie was dating Onew I went out with Jules. She had a gift for him and I think that they dated before. Rin, he is my idol, but you are my friend…” Minseo was trying to warn Rin.

“I know Jules had an adoration for Jonghyun but…”

“Sometimes adoration turns into love. You should check if there is something between the two.”

 

 

Rin walked home lost on her thoughts. Jonghyun would never cheat on her, right?! And even if he was in a relationship with Jules Lillie would know and tell her…

Even with all those thoughts the pain on her chest didn’t leave her.

She closed the door of her apartment and tried to forget about her worries and do something for dinner. She had a lot of things to work on tonight and she couldn’t spent time wondering about Jonghyun’s previous girls or crushes.

Rin opened her fridge when her handphone rang inside her bag.

She closed the door of the fridge again and searched for it inside her bag.

She read his message.

“I arrived home now I have good news to tell you. Call me when you can! Lots of hugs…since I can’t kiss you! =( “

Rin stared at the message for a few minutes smiling. Just a few words and she was already melting, forgetting all about what she talked with Minseo.

She decided to call him. She could ask him everything if it was necessary.

Rin!” He exclaimed and she heard a big noise.

“What happened?”

“I wasn’t expecting you to call me right away and I was so surprised that I had a little accident with some things here in my room! But I’m safe!”

Jonghyun was probably so eager to answer the call he clumsy throw something to the floor.

“What is the good news you have to tell me?”

“First tell me about your day…”

“We can talk about that later! I’m curious! Just say it!”

“We should go out to celebrate!”

“What? “ She was getting impatient. It must be something big.

“I just got my first radio show!”

“Wow! That’s great! “

“It’s awesome! I’m so excited! I know I will have a lot of luck this year! I’m even dating the most beautiful girl in Korea!”

“Stop that!” she said but still grinned. “That means I will be able to listen to you everyday?’”

“You will always listen to me everyday since I intend to call you everyday!”

“Jonghyun…”

“Hm?”

“Can I make you a personal question?”

Rin didn’t want to end with his joy but she needed to take that out of her mind.

“Please…you are my girlfriend. You can ask me anything!”

She wasn’t sure about that…

“Did you have anything with Jules?”

Only silence came from the other side and Rin knew his answer right away. 

Hi once again!

Hope you liked the chapter...see I was nice, i gave you a hug! XD 

Kiss will be soon...Dont worry!

Also look at this awesome thing:

She made this awesome picture. Go visit her on tumblr: HERE

You know the deal, subscribe, comment, etc...