Step 6: Be Brave

Click, Enter, Love

Hello, hello, Please give me a chance, I don’t know how you feel right now. Who knows? Two of us Might be destiny ~ Hello (SHINee)

 

They were both inside the car talking. Jonghyun opened his heart to Jinki. He knew he would understand him. He talked about Rin and how wonderful she was, the way she made him feel, the way his heart ached when he realized he was going to hurt her…

“There is no explanation why I feel this…I never once saw her…” He said nervously playing with the zip from his coat.

“Well I’m not an expert but I don’t think you can explain feelings. You just feel…If you asked me why I like my parents or my girlfriend I would make a list of everything I like on them or their qualities, but in the end you could ask me “why? Why do you like those things on them?” And I wouldn’t be able to explain because you just do. It’s not like you chose to like someone, it just happens…”

“And if you could choose? If you could erase what you feel for a person would you do it?

“Would you Jong? Would you erase Rin? Cos I wouldn’t erase Lillie…yes things would be easy if I liked a Korean actress or singer but, she makes me absolutely happy! I can’t erase her from my life!”

“I wouldn’t erase Rin too!”

Onew was right. He was overthinking something that was so simple. Why did we need to turn love into a problem when it was a solution?! He was lonely, and most of the times down. She entered his life and he started to see things in a different way. It was like she changed the colors of things around him.

“I love talking with you!” he looked back at Jinki that looked expressionless back at him “Most of the time you are just a weirdo but…you are great on this Jinki. The way you listen to us and makes us see things…”

“I didn’t do anything!” he smiled at him “you were the one doing all the talking!”

“How am I going to tell her?”

“I think you should say sorry to her first! I mean you basically ignored her all day!”

“You are right. And I’m going to call her and talk with her, and this time I won’t lie.”

“Good! And what about what happened upstairs, with Jules?”

Jonghyun blushed recalling the way Jules lips connected with his. He didn’t feel a thing.

“That was nothing! I was just wondering what I would feel if she kissed me and it happened. But there’s nothing between us.”

Onew nodded and turn on his old car.

“Why do you like this car anyway? You could buy a new one and impress your girlfriend!”

“She likes this car. She says it’s cute and warm like me. “ he laughed “and besides it’s a special car and I love it. And you don’t question feelings, you just feel them!”

“Really beautiful and poetic Jinki. You should use it on your next song!”

“Who knows?!”

“And write it about a car!” Jonghyun chuckled. For the first time that day he felt good.

He just needed to fix things with Rin. He would figure out a way to do it. But first he needed to know how she felt about him.

“Sorry, he just sent that to me! I’m so confused!” Rin said to Minseo on the phone.

“I don’t know unnie. You know my experience in relationships is near zero!”

She knew, that’s why she tried to call Lillie before, but she didn’t pick up so she called poor Minseo.

She needed someone to talk or she would get crazy. She spent the last hour finishing her last project.

Skipped going to the doctor and decided to stay home eating a lot of medicine.

Her headache was gone but her body still hurt and hurt a lot too.

“I’m sorry Min. I just needed to share it with someone!”

They talked for some more minutes and Minseo talked about SHINee concert, only five more days to it. She was super excited. Rin thought about going too. It would be great to see them perform live, and see Onew. He was the only thing that still made her smile lately.

“I’ll go with you to the concert ok?”

“Your phone is ringing!” Rin sister yelled from the living room. She had a business meeting and she decided to visit her parents after.

“Who is it?” she asked for the kitchen. She loved cooking so she was making lunch for them.

“It says Jonghyun on it!”

She froze stopping washing the vegetables. She cleaned her hands on the dishcloth and run to the living room.

“Hm…Guess it’s important!” her sister said smirking.

She ignored her and went inside her old bedroom. Took a deep breath before picking it up.

“Jonghyun!”

“Hi…” he said hesitating. He seemed nervous. She was too, but she was also happy to listen to his voice again, but somehow it was different now.

“Did you get my last message?”

“I did…” she didn’t know what to say. Maybe she should ask him what he meant.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry I didn’t call you and…everything!”

“It’s ok. You were busy right?”

De didn’t answer, so ignoring her was his intention.

“I don’t want to lie to you anymore…” she heard him say after a moment.

“Lie?”

“Yes. I wasn’t always true with you but I want you to meet me for real now.”

“Do you mean you want to see me?”

“No…I…I do want to see you. I can’t stop thinking about you…”

She blushed. Did he just confess to her?

“Jonghyun…”

“But you meeting me is complicated. I need to think. I need to make sure you don’t get hurt if you meet me.”

“Why would I get hurt? I also want to meet you. Just send me a picture!”

“I can’t! If you are going to see me, it needs to be in person!”

She wasn’t sure if she could do that. She would probably be so afraid that he wouldn’t like her but, he was also afraid of that. He was an insecure person after all. Somehow it made her fell daring.

“Let’s meet then!”

“I told you. I need to think. Give me a week, please?! We can still talk and you can ask me anything you want and I’ll try to be the most sincere possible. Just know me better before meeting me.”

He was desperate. He really was afraid of what she would think about the way he looked.

“Ok…one week!”

“Good! You are Perfect Rin. I missed you so much…”

Her heart was beating so much that she thought she was going to die.

“I missed you to.”

She knew he was smiling on the other side. She wanted to know how his smile looked like.

“How are you, beautiful Rin?”

How could he say she was beautiful if he never saw her?

“I’m sick actually.”

“What? Why?” he really seemed worried.

“My throat hurts and I have a fever. “

“Did you go to the doctor?”

“No. But I’m fine!”

“No! No! You should go!”

“Are you worried with me Jonghyun?!”

“Of course I am….You are important to me Rin!”

She started fanning herself, she was feeling hot now. She wanted to tell him so many things. She wanted to confess to him but she couldn’t do it. She wasn’t brave enough. So she decided to make small talk.

“So what are you doing now?”

 

Key peeked at what Onew was searching on his laptop at the living room table.

“I like that one!” He said pointing to two couple rings on a website. He was choosing them for his girlfriend.

“Yeah. Jong said that one was pretty too. Do you think she will like it?”

“Who wouldn’t? It’s so romantic. Girls like that kind of things.”

Onew smirked nodding. He had so many other things to prepare for his date.

Jonghyun entered the room jumping on Key.

“Ouch!” he said getting away from him “I thought you were going to stay at your parents!”

“Not this week. We need to be together because I missed you all so much!” He hugged Key who tried to push him away. He was so happy since he could talk with Rin again. He wanted to prove to her that he was fantastic. That way maybe she would forgive him.

“What the…?" Jonghyun said still hugging Key and looking at Onew’s laptop. “Is that yours…?”

“Yes!” Onew said giggling “That’s dubulge! Lillie told me my body was famous on the internet. They even gave names to my body parts.”

Jonghyun pushed Key aside and leaned on the table.

“Just search my names! I bet they gave me awesome names too!”

“You two really!” Key said shaking his head.

Taemin entered the room walking by them without saying anything. He was acting like a ghost.

“Oh oh! Something happened.” Key said.

“Wow Jong….this picture is awesome!”

Jonghyun smiled. He wondered what Rin thought after seeing his y pictures, but then he realized that it was strange. It was like she was looking at another person photo and not his.

“Ok you stay here acting as fanboys looking at your own bodies while I go check on Tae…”

Key entered the kitchen and Taemin looked at the other side avoiding him.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing!”

“Stop the act! You can’t lie to us!”

He turned to him again running his hands on his hair nervous.

“I confessed!”

“Good! And?”

“She said no. She doesn’t date guys like me…”

“Guys like you? She meant famous?”

“No. She meant guys who have lots of girls around him. “

“That can be bad for insecure girls I suppose.”

Taemin laughed sadly.

“But she isn’t insecure. She is so confident and she has so many dreams. She wants to be a writer. She says she likes me but can’t trust me…”

“That !” Jonghyun said entering the kitchen and pushing Key.

Taemin nodded looking at the floor.

Jonghyun moved next to him and stopped at his side.

“Can you move please? I’m hungry and you are in front of the cookie jar.”

“Nice, Jong!” Key said chuckling.

Taemin moved a little and stared at Jong taking a cookie and giving him one.

Taemin accepted it.

“Taemin is a man now.  He works hard and never stopped believing that he could be better even if people told him he couldn’t.  So why are you letting yourself tell you that you can’t win this girl?”

Jonghyun asked biting his cookie.

“Thanks!” he said showing him the cookie and leaved the room feeling better.

“So…” Key said when Taemin left. “How was your date?”

“You mean with Jules, Jinki’s girl friend? There’s nothing between us. Just friends now. She is nice…and really pretty.”

“I see. So the internet girl is the one making you smile.”

“Rin? Yes! Jules is not my type she is more like….yours. You should meet her! That would be perfect.”

“No. I’m not searching for love thank you. But maybe we could make her go out with Minho. He is thinking a lot about the new cordi. It’s going to give problems…”

“Let him be happy Kibum! Relax and let’s go search for your y pictures.”

“Guys you have to come see this. I’m on Tumblr. It has lots of pictures with us.”

Onew yelled. They got back to the living room. Minho was sitting by Onew’s side too.

“We need to go to the rehearsal! Turn that off! “ Key advised “OH MY GOD! Is that Taemin?”

“And me?” Minho asked.

All four turned their heads looking at the screen surprised.

“I guess our fans are really creative…” Jonghyun chuckled.

Taemin entered the room.

“What are you doing?” He smiled looking at the other four men. They were probably watching because their faces were priceless.

“Nothing! “ Minho said embarrassed closing the screen of the laptop quickly.

“Ouch! You hurt my fingers” Onew complained.

Rin was bored and feeling horrible. She was still sick and she was at one college reunion. She talked with some old friends but things were so different now. Most of them were already married, some even had babies already.

She felt out of place in that party. She didn’t want to come but Jonghyun said she should. She couldn’t be always locked at her house. He was right as always so she followed his advice.

But she was regretting it now. Her ex was there too, laughing with her old best friend and now his girlfriend. She was so stupid back then. She didn’t realize he was cheating on her, both were. She would give advice to her friend not knowing that the guy she was going out with was her boyfriend.

Rin was a Pabo so she hide from the world. Making friends or finding a boyfriend was hard now. She was so afraid to get hurt, so afraid to be betrayed again.

Knowing that they still didn’t marry made her secretly happy. She felt bad for that too.

One of her old friends from college came to talk with her. They talked a lot during dinner too. He was nice and she remembered how good he was to her, the day she argued with her boyfriend.

She saw him kissing her friend the night before. Spent all night thinking about what to do and the next day she confronted him. She only wanted to know the truth she was even willing to try and forgive him, even though she knew that once her trust was broken she would not trust him again. But he didn’t say he was sorry, he mocked her saying that she was boring and he didn’t love her anymore.

She was hurt. Not only because he betrayed her but also because he stayed with her, lying every day, when he didn’t like her anymore. Why the need to be so cruel?

She started crying in front of everyone on the street. She felt humiliated by him. A lot of things run on her mind at that moment, she wasn’t a mean person, she never hit anyone but at the moment that person she loved so much turned into a person she hated. So she slapped him without even knowing what she was doing.

She covered with her hand still burning from what she did. She wasn’t that awful person so she ran away from him.

Joo Won, her colleague was the one who took her home that day. He found her crying going home and gave her a lift. She didn’t say anything to him the whole ride but he didn’t ask her anything too. He talked all the time about different things just trying to make her confortable. She noticed the way his blacks eyes smiled at her and his long hair falling on his shoulders. Now she felt terrible that she didn’t keep in touch with him. He was so nice.

“This party is the most boring thing!” He said smiling. He was a little different now. He cut his hair and was more mature and handsome.

“Yeah!”

“I’m glad I got to meet you again though! Where have you been all this time Rin-ssi?”

“I don’t know…” Home alone working!

“We should go out!” He said not looking at her.

“Ah…I…”

“Do you have someone?”

“No.” it was the truth, they weren’t dating and she gave him a week too.

“Then go out with me. Tomorrow?”

She could do two things now. Tell him no because she had feelings for Jonghyun and wait for him, or she could say yes and get to know that nice man better.

“Ok!” Her mind was telling her that she made the right decision because she wasn’t doing anything wrong but her heart was angry with her.

She knew why, she liked Jonghyun a lot but she was also afraid. Afraid that he wasn’t saying the truth and all that week talk was a lie to keep her waiting for a man that she would never meet.

She couldn’t wait forever for love. She wanted to be happy.

Joo Won was nice and handsome and maybe he was the one she would marry. She wouldn’t mind marrying someone like him, right? 

 

 

“Well done guys! Let’s rest for 10 minutes!” the choreographer said and Jonghyun collapsed next to Minho who was already on the floor.

He stayed there for some seconds waiting for his breathing to go back to normal and then got up helping the tall guy next to him do the same. Both sat next to Onew who was cleaning his sweaty face with a towel.

“I know I already asked you a lot of favors this week. But I need another one.” Onew said still breathing hard.

“Another one?” Minho scratch his head “I want something nice after it.”

“I’ll pay you a meal, ok? And I’m asking Jonghyun since you can’t teach me on this.”

“On what? What does he know that I don’t?” Minho was wounded.

Jonghyun grinned.

“Tell me Jinkis Jinkis!”

“I…” they could see his face getting red “I need help with a piece of clothing…”

Jonghyun looked at him sideways.

“I’m even afraid to ask…” They still had the memory of that fanart on their minds.

“I…need help with bras…”

Minho burst out laughing making everyone look back at them.

“You want to buy one? I mean I’m not the best person to help you…” Jonghyun said mocking him.

“And they are not that big hyung!” Minho added having difficulty talking because he was still laughing.

“Ya! I’m being serious! I can’t take that damn thing off…”

He was serious and Jonghyun smiled. He really wanted to learn that.

“So wait a minute, who said I don’t know how to take a bra?”  Minho asked angry.

“You can’t…it’s obvious…” Onew answered him.

They started arguing playfully and Jonghyun raised his arms pushing the two. 

“It’s ok. I can teach both if you want! We just need a bra. Ask you girlfriend!”

He said turning to Onew.

“I can’t request her one. She will think I’m a ert!”

“Then ask her to teach you. That will be fun…”

Onew nodded evaluating his advice. He was right. He could ask her and then he had an excuse to hold her and touch her on that part of her body.

Jong got up from the bench but Minho pulled his arm.

“What about me?”

“Choi! Find a girl too and ask her!”

“Ya! You could teach me you know!” Minho yelled at him while he took his phone from his bag and went outside to the hall.

He called Rin. Lately he called her all the time just to ask her if she was better and listen to her sweet voice.

“Hi!” she answered. He liked to picture her on her house sitting by the window looking at people passing by on the street. But this time he heard the sound of people talking. She wasn’t home.

“Did you go to the party?”

“Yes. It’s a little boring but I got to see people from the past, old friends.”

“Hm. Maybe people you didn’t want to see too…”

She told him a little about her ex. He knew he cheated on her with her best friend but nothing more.

“Yes. But I met good people too.”

“Good!”

“Actually I have something to tell you!”

“Yes…you can tell me anything.”

“Meet me tomorrow! The week ends tomorrow…”

“I can’t!” He couldn’t. He had the concert. He couldn’t miss that.

She didn’t answer right away.

“I see…” She was disappointed. “Why?”

“I have to work. It’s important!”

“I am important too….right?”

His heart break in two. She was important, really important but...singing was his life, his dream. Singing was him. He couldn’t leave all that for her.

“Rin I can’t please understand!”

“I’m sorry. I can’t wait for you after all! I met a person on the party and I have a date with him tomorrow. I’m sorry. I spent so many time waiting and I don’t know if I should wait for you. I don’t even know who you are. You don’t tell me what is wrong or why you are so afraid to meet me and I can’t stop thinking that you are lying to me too. That you are just like my ex and want just someone to be by your side whenever you feel like it….”

“It’s not that Rin it isn’t!”

“I’m sorry…I like you a lot Jonghyun more than I should…bye!”

She hang up the phone still not believing what she just did. She felt terrible for saying those things but she was confused. What secret he had that could be so terrible that he couldn’t tell her?! Was he playing with her?! She wanted to be the first option in someone’s life, not the second best. She wasn’t going to wait anymore.

She wiped a tear from her face. She was crying now…

She promised she would never cry for a man again and here she was crying for one that she didn’t even see him smile once.

 

 

Jonghyun walked from one side of the stage to another. He didn’t sleep at all, he didn’t eat and he was afraid to forget everything when the concert started.

The others didn’t know what to do so just left him alone after the last rehearsal. Taemin didn’t though. He sat near the edge of the stage looking at the empty seats.

“I didn’t give up you know…” he said suddenly. Jong didn’t stop pacing.

“What?”

“I said I didn’t give up on her. I call her every day and text her. I even went to pick her up at her part-time job this week. She was surprised but I think she liked it.”

“That’s good Tae…”

“Just stop hyung! It’s not like she is marrying another guy because she is going on a date with him…”

Jonghyun looked dangerously at him.

“Just tell her the truth. What are you waiting? For the perfect moment?! That doesn’t exist! Just tell her who you are. It doesn’t change a thing Jonghyun! You are still the same person she met on the internet. And if she doesn’t understand that then she doesn’t deserve your love! I’m sorry but….You tell the others to keep fighting and be brave and you are acting like a coward!”

Jonghyun stopped looking at him and walked to him. Taemin got up nervous. They had some fights once in a while. They were both stubborn and had a temper.

The older guy stopped next to the maknae eyeing him.

“Are you saying that I am a coward?”

“Yes! Tell her who you are. Make her chose, that man or you!”

“I hate you Lee Taemin!”

Taemin smiled and Jong pushed him making him almost lost his balance.

Jonghyun stride out of the stage leaving Taemin alone. He looked at the pocket of his pants.

“Damn I lost my handphone again…” The maknae said looking at the floor around him.

He needed help to search for it. He needed Kibum.

Joo Won was funny. They spent part of their date shopping and after were going to a cafe. They talked about their old colleagues and old stories. She was still shy around him tough. And other thing was worrying her. She almost called Joo Won, Jonghyun two times. He never leaved her mind.

He didn’t say anything after she hang up on him. She felt guilty for doing that to him but she wasn’t thinking at the time and maybe it was better that way.

Then why was she feeling so sad?

Her phone vibrated. It was a message from him.

“I never answered your question. Yes you are important to me, so important that it even scares me. That’s why I didn’t call you that day…because you are so important I don’t want to disappoint you. But I want to fight for you Rin so please don’t give up on me. Come see me. I’ll be at SHINee concert. Wait until the end, next to the stage. I’ll come to you…I’ll be waiting…”

SHINee concert? So that was what he meant by working. He was working at the concert.

She looked back at Jin Won.

“I…have something to do! I have a concert to go. I forgot about it!”

She felt elated. She was going to see him and SHINee too.

Joo Won was confused.

“I’m so sorry!”

 

 

She was nervous. She managed to get a ticket last minute from a Minseo's friend. It was a bad seat and expensive but better than nothing. She tried to see Minseo and the others, but they probably got there earlier. Luckily she got in. The concert was perfect but she couldn’t enjoy it fully because somewhere inside that building was the guy she wanted to meet so much.

He was probably tired working at the backstage to make everything perfect. And maybe, just maybe he was also nervous because he was going to meet her.

When the show ended she felt bad for not enjoying it fully. They were fabulous and Onew was a prince.

She was going to come to another one when she had the opportunity.  By that time she would know Jonghyun already. She couldn’t stop smiling with the idea of going to the concert with him.

She walked near the stage going on a different direction from the other shawols that were leaving the building. She couldn’t see her friends but maybe that was the best. She was so nervous and she didn’t want to talk with anyone beside him.

Some staff started taking things from the stage and she stared at them. Maybe he was one of them.

“I’m already near the stage. I’m wearing a brown coat and I have a pink shopping bag with me. Where are you?”

She sent him the text and waited for his answer looking around.

Her feet were so cold, probably because she also felt cold all over. She was near a nervous breakdown.

How would he look like? Would he be tall or short? Would he smile at her? Either way he would be wonderful. He was already a prince to her.

 

 

Jonghyun read her text and put his mask and cap on. He peeked outside from the side of the stage. There was still a lot of shawols inside and he looked around trying to see a girl with a brown coat and pink shopping bag.

He saw the bag first. She was looking to the side of the stage and her beautiful black hair was hiding her face. He couldn’t see her face, but he could see that she was short and that made him smile.

Suddenly she looked to his side and he saw her. He hide himself leaning against the wall. He touched his chest. His heart was jumping.

She was beautiful just like he imagined and she was just a few steps away from him. He could just go out and go to her. But he was scared. He was scared of her reaction. What would she do when she looked at him and saw who he was?

 

 

Rin waited. Almost everyone was out of the building now and the staff members where glaring at her probably wondering what she was doing.

She tried to call him but he didn’t pick it up. She was disappointed with him. Why wasn’t he showing up?

One side of her was sad and the other was angry.

She couldn't wait for him forever...

 

 

He kicked himself mentally before stepping away from his hideout and off the stage. But she wasn’t there anymore. He looked around worried that she must have given up on him and saw her leaving after other girls.

No! He grabed his phone and called her.

 

She followed other shawols out of the building. One of them was crying holding a big banner with Jonghyun face on it.

“I was so near him…I want to talk with him so badly.”

“His sweet voice...” other one said fangirling with her.

Her Jonghyun also had a sweet voice but he left her waiting.

And then a crazy idea crossed her mind. That voice she knew from somewhere, the way he laughed…

Him working on the entertainment world, waiting to run away from it.

Going to japan and his tokki friend. The way he knew a lot about SHINee.

“No!” she whispered. That couldn’t be true. It was crazy.

Her whole body froze she didn’t know what to think. It was impossible right?! Jack Frost couldn’t be him…

But everything made sense now. She was a shawol she knew some facts about Kim Jonghyun and everything he told her was something Jonghyun could say.

“This is crazy!” she whispered to herself.

Her phone rang and she picked it up.

“Where are you?” she asked immediately.

“Here! Behind you!” Jonghyun’s voice came from the other side….probably Kim Jonghyun’s voice.

She turned around and saw a guy on the end of the room with a cap and a sick mask. She couldn’t see his features but that body was familiar.

She let her arm with her cellphone fall to her side.

“I can’t believe it…” 

OMG! DONE!

*fangirls*

Rin knows the truth now....how will she react? 

I dont know....XD

Beware bad english!

Little bits of Onew dorkiness here and shinee love too.

Some connections with DI too..

More Tae.

And Im thinking of doing one shots for Tae, Minho, and Key love stories.

And thats it..

Tell me what you think!

Comments are presents for me! 

(yo!)