Step One: Find a mutual hiding place

Click, Enter, Love

You and I are in a different world Making our tired hearts beat Making us chase our driven away dreams baby To the infinite space that is spread before us Till the day I meet all of you ~ Hitchhiking (SHINee)

 

Click.

Done! Rin sent her last work by email and stretched.

With the money she could earn with that project she could buy something for her. Maybe a new computer game. She grinned with the thought and stood up from the floor where she was in front of the laptop and went to the bathroom to comb her straight black hair. She wanted her hair to be curly and tried to do it a few times at the hairdresser but it never stayed curly for long. Her hair was stubborn.

RIn  glanced closely at her face in the mirror and touched her cheeks. She was short, skinny but had puffy cheeks. When she was at school people used to say that she was cute. But she wanted to be pretty not cute. She admired her black eyes in the mirror and wrinkled her nose.

She decided that she would leave her house that day and buy a new game. She didn’t leave home for four days now. You could tell she was a shy girl, introvert and quiet. A perfectionist workaholic. She wasn’t a bad person, in fact she was friendly and had a huge heart, but she was never  good at socializing with others and so soon she fell in love with the internet world. There she could be herself and talk to whoever she wanted. She even had several online friends.

When Rin entered college she decided to pursue graphic designer and now was working as a freelancer.

In her last year in college her last boyfriend broke up with her.  Since then she never dated anyone anymore. She didn’t mind most of the time because she liked to stay in her room just surfing the internet, but sometimes being alone could hurt too.

Her parents lived in Seoul too and she visited them from time to time, but most of the time she was alone at home. She knew her parents wanted her to find someone and marry as quickly as possible.   They wanted grandchildren. Most of her friends were married by now. What was wrong with their daughter?!

Maybe there was really something wrong with her.

She shook her head trying to send that thoughts away and dressed her coat before closing the door of her house.

Wander around the streets of Seoul was refreshing, but sometimes all that people frightened her.

She stopped to admire a flower store. She loved flowers. She was a romantic. Dreamed of the day when she had a boyfriend who offered her flowers every day. Her ex-boyfriend never offered her flowers. How would it feel like? Knowing that someone loved us enough to spend time choosing flowers to give to you.

She hoped that one day she would meet him.

 Her "Prince" was out there somewhere, under that same sky. Maybe even thinking when he would find her too...

 

 

Jonghyun sighed looking at Onew. He looked like he was making a world peace speech on a Beauty Contest.

“I’m going to meet her today and I’m going to confess. I think you should know because it may affect all of us.”

“Do you like her?” Taemin asked.

“Of course he likes her. He’s been talking about her none stop the last few months!” Key answered for Onew.

Jinki smiled embarrassed.

“Yeah I like her a lot!”

“So what’s her name? I mean the real one, not L, like you always use. I always vision the guy from Death Note and it creeps me out.” Minho asked drinking his Americano.

“Lillie! She is funny you’ll like her! In no way she resembles Death Note! ”

“When are we meeting her?” Jonghyun got up from the seat.

They were in the resting room after a music show. Just waiting to go to a fansign.

“I don’t know. I don’t even know if she will accept dating me…”

Onew looked at his hands nervous.

“She’s an idiot if she doesn’t want to date you!” Minho said getting up too and adjusting his shirt.

“I’ll date you Jinkis Jinkis!” Jong said touching his shoulder “So don’t worry!”

“I know! But I like s and you don’t have any…” Jinki said with a smirk.

“I do have. They are small!” He touched his chest looking hurt.

“Small like you” Taemin snorted.

“You hurt my feelings!”  Jonghyun said and everyone laughed “No for real Jinki, she likes you. No girl would text so much with you and laugh at your jokes if she didn’t like you.”

“She does find me funny!”

“She’s yours!” Key said laughing.

Their manager entered at that moment and all went to the van. Jonghyun forgot his sunglasses so the sun hurt his eyes. He tried to cover them with his hand.

Absently glanced around at some fans, who snapped photos, without thinking of anything special.

Unaware that a few yards away, someone who didn’t even know him yet, already thought of him.

Rin looked at the games shelf closely. But there was no game that caught her attention. She loved games. Sighed. Looks like she had to keep playing Diablo or something.

Noticed the cd's area carefully looking at some kpop albums. She heard some of those songs but never cared much for the groups. When she was at school she didn’t feel like she belonged to her group of friends. All girls had groups that they liked. Maybe there was no fangirl inside of her. She couldn’t understand why her friends bought all albums and merchandising of a group. What love was that? They didn’t even knew them personally . It was insane!

Her handphone vibrated. It was a call from Minseo. She was her friend. She met her online once and they became friends. She was totally a fangirl; loved a group called SHINee. Rin only knew two or three of their songs. She liked that songs but she didn’t knew anything about them. She didn’t watch tv and she didn’t follow the news.

“Anyo unnie! I miss you! We should totaly meet and drink or something! Say yes unnie!”

“Ok! I’m free today! 9 pm? At the same place?”

 “Yes. Great unnie! What are you doing?”

“Shopping! Why?”

“Buy me something! Please. I’ll pay you later.”

“What?”

“Misconceptions of you. SHINee album. I lost mine! Please!”

She asked with a cute voice.

She was kidding right?!

“Ok! I’ll buy it!”

She put her handphone on her bag and began searching for it. The cover was strange. She grabbed it and went to pay for it.

 

When Rin arrived home she sat in front of her laptop and turned it on.

Opened her favorite chat program. It was on it that she met ShineMinHO, best known for Minseo the biggest fan of SHINee she knew. And the only!

There was no new messages so she looked at the album she bought for Minseo and started to be curious.

Hmm ... SHINee…

Opened naver and searched  them.

She opened a video called Lucifer. Seemed popular.

Ok That was interesting. How come she never saw or heard of that?!

Opened another video and another. The songs weren’t bad .

Sought more information about the group. She looked at the members carefully. She remembered seeing  Minho somewhere, but maybe it was because Minseo was always talking about him. Stared at the oldest. He had a beautiful smile.

She opened youtube and searched for more videos about them to see how they were in tv shows. Who knows maybe then she would understand why Minseo loved them so much.

Minseo looked out the window waiting for Rin. She was late. She was never late. Rin was the most punctual person she had ever known. Nothing went wrong when she was around her. Funny that her two best friends were opposites. Lillie was a disaster. Chuckled as she remembered her earlier that day all nervous because she had some kind of blind date. That girl scared boys away from her for being so weird. Rin scared them away for being so shy. Which was a shame because they were both good people.

Minseo was starting to get worried when Rin came inside the coffee shop flustered and sat in front of her. She was flushed and smiled.

"You wouldn’t believe what happened to me!"

"What happened to you?" Minseo asked worriedly.

Rin grabbed her friend hands.

"I ... don’t know how to explain. But I guess I'm beginning to understand you! "

"What?" Minseo adjusted her glasses without understanding.

"Minho! Oh he's so cute with kids! Key is strange isn’t it? And Onew ... he has the most beautiful smile I've ever seen! He is so cute! "

"Oh my God! Are you all right? "

"Yes ... no ... I don’t know. I'm confused! I spent the whole afternoon watching videos of SHINee. And they are so funny and cute ... and i don’t know. What is wrong with me? "Rin put her hands on her cheeks blushing. She felt like a teenage girl again.

Hours passed without her realizing and she didn’t have dinner.  Was all the time watching videos with those guys. She was crazy!

"In one afternoon you passed the first three steps." Minseo said laughing.

"Steps?"

"Yes. You found them. Searched more about them and fell in love. You are in denial now. And then you're gonna embrace the addiction. "

"Min are you trying to tell me that I will become a fangirl?"

"Yes! Oh good! I really need more people to go to concerts with me! I'm so happy! Who is your favorite? "

"I don’t know! No way. I won’t be a fangirl! Are you crazy?!"

"That's what you say now! I'll give you a week! I want to be the first to know your favorite! "

No. That would never happen to her. She would never be a fangirl.

Two weeks passed.

Jonghyun got up from bed. He couldn’t sleep…again. Damn insomnia that never leaved him.

Not sleeping was like a divine punishment.  It wasn’t just his body that was tired, his mind was too. He couldn’t stop thinking. And when he kept thinking there was only two ways out, write another song or go crazy. He left the room, careful not to wake Taemin and went to the balcony to get some air. He stood there a few minutes looking at the stars and went back inside when it started getting cold.

Heard Onew singing inside his room. What was he doing? Why wasn’t he asleep yet? He was singing One.

“Lillie did you fall asleep?” heard him say with a mellow voice inside his room.

Oh he was singing to his girlfriend. Dubu could be a romantic when he wanted.

He yawned and sat down in the living room with his laptop on his lap.

He opened Twitter and gave a quick look through the messages of his fans.

Some were funny, but most of them were love messages. Funny if he wanted he could have all those women, but he didn’t want any of those. Didn’t want a fan, he wanted someone who liked him, the boy behind the idol. And it was so hard to find.

He sighed and entered a chat program. He never used it before. Was afraid that people would realize it was him. But that night he was so bored that he decided to risk it. Nickname? He thought for a moment.

Chuckled and wrote JFrost. Wasn’t it obvious?People would think it was Jack Frost. Maybe it was too childish. That didn’t matter! No one knew it was him.

Joined the chat and read the conversations. Most of it was comments on the news of the day.

Moongirl: Tired of spending sleepless nights looking at the stars. Damn insomnia!

Someone just like him. Good he wasn’t alone.

She posted  another comment.

Moongirl: Sometimes I wish I could take vacations from my life. I love my life but I want to be another person for a day. Just to see what it feels like.

She put into words exactly what he felt.

He smiled with her following message.

Moongirl: Since I can’t do it I Guess catwoman still has to work….ups I revealed myself.

Moongirl looked like fun. He had nothing to lose.

JFrost: @Moongirl  Catwoman please save me!

He waited a few seconds for her answer.

Moongirl: @JFrost Catwoman is tired now. She had a big day. And you are a hero too…

Of course everyone would associate his name to the movie character.

JFrost: @Moongirl  I always thought that superheroes never refused a request for help from someone in danger.

Moongirl: @JFrost You’re right. What’s the problem? Stuck in Ice?

JFrost: @Moongirl  Stuck in my life!

Moongirl: @JFrost I feel you!

He looked at her answer for some seconds without knowing what to write next.

JFrost: @Moongirl   Can you help me? Can you save me?

Moongirl: @JFrost Only one thing can save you!

JFrost: @Moongirl  what? Please don’t say that its love. That is really poetic but…:/

Moongirl: @JFrost  I was talking about the moon. The beginning of the movie?!

JFrost: @Moongirl   yes. And you live there.

Moongirl: @JFrost  Most of the times yes.

JFrost: @Moongirl   you are funny.

Moongirl: @JFrost  Not really. I have to work now. Hope the moon saves you. Bye

She works at night? He scratch is head.

Moongirl logs out

“Oh!” She was funny. He still wasn’t going to sleep anytime soon so he decided to talk to some more people.

Moongirl in the internet or Rin in real life looked at her mug with coffee.

She had new graphics to make for a new magazine. They only gave her one week to do it and she was working none stop.

It was little distraction from her work. Jack Frost. Funny she loved the movie.

Opened Photoshop again and her music. Her most recent guilty pleasure: SHINee.

She would watch videos of their shows and listen to their songs but she wasn’t admitting any time soon that she was a shawol.

Because she wasn’t…right?

 

 

Jonghyun sits on his bed with the laptop on his lap smirking. Taemin wasn’t home since he went to sleep at his parents’ house. A big lie because he probably was out late with friends. He didn’t blame him. He did that sometimes too. They were not kids anymore. They needed to have fun too.

Jinki just brought Lillie to their home and he totally made a prank on her. She was so easy. She looked so innocent looking at him. Looked like she was going to cry. He couldn’t blame her. She was their fan and it was the first time she saw him. She probably was so nervous.  Jinki told him off after he got her home. But couldn’t stop laughing while doing it. It was a funny prank.

It was a good night. Jinki was happy and that made him happy. He would never tell that idiot but he saw him like a brother. A crazy weird brother, but still a brother.

And he was seeing a side of him that he never saw before. He actually gave her a hickey. And the noise coming from his room. Oh Onew could be a tease. He wasn’t that different from him after all. Grinned. He totally would do the same thing.  Finally Onew was getting the ladies. He had other girls before. But he never talked much about them. Specially the last one. She was almost a mystery.

But he was jealous. He wanted a girl to give a hickey too. Closed his eyes trying to bury his memories. It was too painful to think about girls. He would always remember her.  He just wish things would go better with the others than it went with him. He knew he was the one to blame too. He didn’t fight for her enough. He let her get away from his life.

“Argh!” He groaned opening the chat window. He needed to stop thinking about it. It was over now.

FireStorm was online. He was a cool guy. He talked with him for almost one hour the last time.

Jonghyun quickly checked who was online.

Moongirl was online. He grinned. She was funny. He invited her for a private chat.

JFrost: Hi moongirl remember me?

Moongirl: Of course. I’m a child at heart!

JFrost: Good. I am too!

Moongirl: because you died as one!

JFrost: Maybe I shouldn’t have chosen this name…

Moongirl: I’m joking! Sorry.

JFrost: So what do you do?

Moongirl: why?

JFrost: Working at night.

Moongirl: I’m a freelancer. So I end up finishing things at night since sometimes I can’t sleep. And you? Why up so late?

JFrost: I don’t work at night, at least most of the times. But I have insomnia.

Moongirl: That’s bad! What do you do? Besides protecting the kids dreams and stuff.

Jonghyun stoped for a moment thinking. He couldn’t talk about what he did. He had to make something up. What? He always wanted to be a teacher but what if she did questions about it. He needed to know how to answer them.

JFrost: I’m a staff at an entertainment company.

About that he knew something.

Moongirl: Really? That seems cool. You hang out around famous people too?

JFrost: Guess so. You like celebrities and idols and such?

Moongirl: Not really. I can’t understand that world.

He chuckled. Sometimes even he couldn’t understand.

JFrost: See why I want to come out of it sometimes.

He clicked enter and then looked at the screen feeling like an idiot. He forgot he couldn’t talk about it.

Damn, maybe she wouldn’t figure out that he was an idol.

Sighed relieved with her reply.

Moongirl: Why don’t you find a job in another company?

JFrost: I love my coworkers and it’s complicated. I love working there too.

Moongirl: So keep going and always remember what you like about that job when you feel down.

She was nice.

JFrost: Yeah! I guess thanks! Why do you wanna run away from your life?

Moongirl: Sometimes I feel that I’m not doing what I am supposed to do. I can’t explain. >.<  But when I look at what my parents wish for me it doesn’t always connect with what I wish for my life. And since I’m not fulfilling neither their wish or mine I don’t feel good.

Wow. What to answer to that?!

JFrost: Well sometimes I feel that I’m not the person my parents wished me to be. Specially my dad but…I’m trying every day to show them that even though it may not be the best path or the easiest one I’m doing what I love and they are proud of who I become. I think! So you should just do your best! No regrets.

He felt strange. He was opening up to a girl he never met. He never talked about that with his friends. It was strange talking with them saying that he felt that he disappointed their parents in the past. If he could go back in time would he try to be a singer again?! Yes.

He loved that life. He just hated all the bad things that came with it. But wasn’t life like that?

All good things have bad things too. How would you know what was good if bad didn’t exist?!

Moongirl: Thanks frost! I try! But it’s hard to keep positive every day!

JFrost: Positive is my middle name. You can come to me when you want to feel positive.

Moongirl: Jack Positive Frost! Nice! Now I know why you wanted to disappoint your parents!

JFrost: Funny you! How old are you by the way?

She probably was young or something. Well she wasn’t a teenager since she worked. That would be strange talking to a 13 year old girl.

Moongirl: Old!

JFrost: How old? I’m a dinosaur so…

! He totally forgot.  She wouldn’t know that it was him. Right? Only fans knew he was a dino.

JFrost: I’m 24!

Moongirl: I’m 29!

She was his noona. How cute was that?!

JFrost: Noooooooona! <3

Moongirl: >//< yeah! So you need to respect me! I’m mean you know!

JFrost: I doubt that! You look like a nice person.

Moongirl: I’m just good at lying!

He laughed out loud totally forgetting it was already late.

Rin shuffled her feet up to her parents’ home. She was having lunch with them. Her head ached. She was over two hours chatting with JFrost the night before. She smiled. He was funny and somehow they had a lot in common.  He liked games and books and weird things like her too. He even watched anime.  He was cool.

But after they talked she had to finish her work. So she end up sleeping two hours.

And now she was going to listen to her mother talking about men. She wanted her to get married. She wanted a grandchild. She wanted to fix her with a nice interesting man with money.

She wanted love. True love.  She hoped it existed out of fairy tales because she wanted that in her life.  She needed that.

She knew she was going to disappoint her mother again. She would say no to the blind dates once again. And her mother would cry once again. Maybe one of these days she would have to accept it just to make her happy. But she didn’t like the idea of going out with someone you never meet.

It was so much easier to talk with people you didn’t know online. They wouldn’t base their opinion in the way you dress, talk, or look.  You could be you. The real you.

Her mom opened her door smiling. And she entered the dining room just to see a man sitting there.

“Rin, this is my coworker’s son Do-yun!”

OH NO!

Minseo was happy. Her father got her tickets for a SHINee fansign. She was going with Lillie. It was going to be a blast.

She was waiting for Rin. They were going shopping. She wanted to buy gifts to all of them.

Saw Rin on the end of the street and waved at her.

“Rin! You can’t believe this! I’m going to a SHINee fansign!” Rin was pale and her eyes were red “What’s wrong?”

“I had a huge fight with my mom in front of my blind date for the week.”

“That’s not good! Come with me! I know a place that will cheer you up!”

Some minutes later Rin was inside a cat café with a beautiful grey cat in her lap.

She loved cats and bunnies. They were so cute.

“It’s nice right?” Minseo asked patting a black cat that was at her feet.

“This is great! I wonder why I never came to a place like this.”

“Because you are always working! That isn’t good unnie. You have to live your life!”

“I know!” Rin looked at the cat in her lap. He looked so peaceful. He had no worries. He didn’t care about his future or what he would do in a couple of hours. She wanted to feel like them. Just forget everything for some minutes and be truly happy. Would she feel that someday?!

“Unnie!” Minseo called her again. Rin looked at her startled. She wasn’t paying attention to her.

“Sorry! Oh right! You are going to their fansign! That is so cool!”

“I knew it unnie! You are a shawol now!”

Rin blushed a little.

“I guess! The last few days I’ve been watching their shows!”

“So who is your bias? Common tell me!”

She tried not to think about it. They were all so great, so talent and handsome. She couldn’t decide at first. But there was someone who she really liked. He was funny and different.

“Tell me…the handsome one!”

“Jonghyun!” She just said it. She mean it. He was really manly and charming.

“Really? He is your bias?”

“No! I just said he was handsome! My bias is…” she blushed even more “Onew! He is so weird and cute! “ She chuckled.

“I can’t believe this! I need to introduce Lillie to you!” Minseo said pouting.

“Lillie?”

“She is another shawol! She loves Onew too! “

“OK. I would like to meet her then! But please no fangirling! I mean it!”

Minseo laughed.

“Yeah right! Just recognize it unnie. You are one of us now!”

“No way!” She laughed.

For some moments there she almost forgot her mother.

That’s why she liked SHINee. They could distract her for real life.

But she would never be a fangirl. Never!

 

 

 

Its here the first!

I dont know what to think really. ahaha!

But its here.

Did you get the hints from Dating an Idol? Lots of them in this chapter.

And the Jack Frost jokes? no...oh ok! :(

lol

I never thought it could be so hard to write the chat parts. lol its just talking you know. No action?! And its hard to show what they are feeling. omo! Im worried with the future chapters! 

Tell me what you think. If you are reading this.

Comment (i love comments)

And subscribe! ;) 

Ps: I love the bromance between Jonghyun and his Jinkis Jinkis...lol Sorry I couldnt help it!

love yo~

Ps: Rin if you are reading this tell me! Hope you liked your character! ;) 

Ps2: PrincessFrog dont worry. Surprise will be soon...