Chapter 17

After Preforming Trouble Maker

No One’s POV:

“Sunggyu-hyung…. Your back?” Sungjong questions as he quickly rubs his eyes with his hands, trying to figure out if he was seeing things.

“Yes Sungjong-ah. Don’t rub your eyes like that.” Sunggyu replies with a sad smile as he reaches up with his hand to pull the maknae’s hands away and wipe his cheeks.

“Why are you back?” Sungjong questions, not moving from his position.

Sunggyu lets out a sad smile as he picks up the drinks and stands up before he walks around Sungjong and sits on the same step the younger was sitting on. This causes the younger to turn back around and turn his head towards Sunggyu who was now sitting next to him.

“I’m the leader. Despite what happened between us, I still need to care for you.” Sunggyu replies, looking straight ahead at the wall as he hands Sungjong one of the drinks in his hands before he opens his own drink and takes a sip from it.

“Is that the only reason?” Sungjong asks in a quiet voice, barley audible as he looks down at his feet after he takes the drink from the older.

“What?” Sunggyu asks as he turns his head to face the younger that was sitting beside him.

“Is that the only reason?” Sungjong repeats, a little louder so that the older could hear him.

“Y-“ Sunggyu starts saying, but gets cut off by Sungjong.

“I want the truth.” Sungjong demands as he raises his head and turns it to meet the Sunggyu’s gaze.

Sunggyu lets out a sigh before he breaks their eye contact by returning his eyes back to the wall in front of him while fidgeting with the drink in his hands.

“No.” Sunggyu replies after a while of silence, as he takes another sip from his drink.

“Then what’s the other reason?” Sungjong questions, looking more intensively at the older that was sitting next to him.

“I don’t like hearing you cry.” Sunggyu admits as he looks down at the can in his hands, still avoiding Sungjong’s eyes.

“Hyung I-“ Sungjong starts saying before Sunggyu stands up and climbs up the one step and grabs the handle for the door.

“I don’t like seeing any of you cry, but your still special to me Sungjong-ah. You always have been and always will be.” Sunggyu says before he opens the door and walks out of the stairwell, leaving a shocked Sungjong.

Sungjong looks down at the can in his hands before he snaps back into reality and jumps up, yanks open and runs out the door. He runs down the hall and into the lobby. The maknae whips his head around to look for the retreating back of Infinite’s leader.

The Maknae starts to panic slightly when he can’t find the older, but he relaxes slightly when he fixes his eyes on the back Sunggyu who was walking towards the elevator, one hand in his pocket, the other wrapped around the drink.

Sungjong runs towards Sunggyu, but by the time he reaches the leader, Sunggyu already got into the elevator and the doors closed.

The maknae started to panic slightly before he clenched onto the drink that was in his hands tightly before he whipped open the doors for the stairwell that was beside the elevator before he ran up the stairs until the floor that the Infinite rooms were.

Sungjong ran out of the staircase in time to catch Sunggyu reaching for the handle on Dongwoo’s room.

“GYU-HYUNG! WAIT!” Sungjong yelled, with the last amount of strength he had before he ran towards a shocked Sunggyu.

“Sunggyu-hyung….” Sungjong managed to get out once he reached the older before his legs gave up from underneath him.

Surprised, Sunggyu let go of the handle and moved to catch the younger.

“Sungjong-ah?” Sunggyu asks, panic evident in his voice.

“G-Gyu-hyung…. I-I’m not S-Sungjong…. I-I’m y-your J-J-Jongie…” Sungjong managed out before he let his eyes fall close.

“Sungjong-ah!” Sunggyu yells as he shakes the weak body in his arms.

Sunggyu panics and places the drink on the ground before he wraps one of the youngers arms around his neck and places his own arm underneath Sungjong’s legs and arms to lift the younger up.

Sunggyu carries Sungjong to Sungjong’s room and unlocks it before he walks in and places Sungjong onto one of the beds.

Sunggyu’s surprised that Sungjong was holding onto the drink that Sunggyu bought him, even though he passed out.

Letting a small smile play on his lips, he grabs the drink and places it on the nightstand next to the bed.

The older bends down and moves the strands of hair in front of the youngers eyes before he leans down.

Sunggyu was about to kiss Sungjong’s forehead, but he backs off when he remembered that they were no longer a couple.

Sunggyu lets out a sigh before he stands up and slips his hands into his pockets before he turns around to leave, but before he walked out of the room, he wrote a note to the younger.

The leader closes the door quietly behind him and walked down the hall, picked up the can he placed down before he walked into Dongwoo’s room.

“How’s Sungjong?” Dongwoo asks, once he sees Sunggyu walk in.

“He passed out. Where’s Howon and Woohyun?” Sunggyu asks as he looks around the room.

“They went down to the lobby to get some snacks and drinks.” Dongwoo responds with a smile before he realizes what Sunggyu said.

“What do you mean passed out?”

“He fell asleep” Sunggyu replies before he walks over to the couch and sits down.

“Why didn’t you just stay with him until he woke up? What if he needs you?” Dongwoo asks as he walks over to Sunggyu and sits down beside him.

“If he needs me, he knows where to find me.” Sunggyu states as he turns on the TV.

Dongwoo stares at Sunggyu with a worried expression.

Will they be Okay?

 

To Be Continued….